Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:41 PM

Mass Effect 2 Patches - Download

Patch 1.02 has been released:

Mass Effect 2 - 1.02[/size]

Patch details:

• Reduced the amount mining time required to acquire all upgrades.
  • Fixed an issue where DLC weapon selections would appear blank on the Weapon Loadout screen after removing DLC.
  • Fixed an issue where heavy weapon crosshairs sometimes remain on screen after entering a vehicle.
  • Fixed an issue where enemies sometimes 'pop-up' onto cover after taking damage.
  • Fixed an issue where Grunt's loyalty power sometimes doesn't unlock.
  • Fixed an issue where the Squad screen wouldn't update properly after removing the Alternate Appearance Pack #1 DLC.
  • Fixed an issue where save games that used DLC while offline could not be loaded.
  • Fixed an issue where the active save career would sometimes change after loading saves with unmounted DLC.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes crash during the Jarrahe mission when using Windows 7 (64-bit).
  • Fixed an issue where ammo powers activated by a henchman would sometimes overwrite the players active ammo power.
  • Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances, spacebar would not activate objects.
  • Fixed an issue where Loading saves while DLC is unmounted will change your active career.
  • Fixed an issue where the text for some characters in the keybinding GUI would appear as English in foreign language versions of the game.

Mass Effect 2 - 1.01[/size]

Patch details:

• Fixed video hitching and crashes related to single core machines.
  • Single core users may experience short periods of black screen that may last up a few seconds between level loads, cinematic transitions or movies.
  • In rare cases, some single core users may notice dialog lines in certain conversations may be delayed up to a few seconds.
  • Fixed an issue where it appears ammunition can be picked up, but can't.
  • Fixed an issue where all Codex entries were marked as 'viewed', even if the player chose not to view them.
  • Fixed an issue where weapon icons are re-organized after downloadable content is used.
  • Fixed an issue where pressing F9 after the mission completion screen reset Shepard to Level 1.
  • Fixed an issue where remapping the right mouse button blocks camera control in the command HUD.
  • Fixed an issue where remapping the 'use' command affects the decryption minigame.
  • Fixed an issue where users were not prompted to restart when logging in to a different EA Online account.
  • Fixed an issue where movies do not play in DLC.
  • It is recommended that players reset their keyboard mapping to default values to ensure proper vehicle control.
  • Added useful messaging during the ME1 save game import.
  • Weapon icon for henchmen never changes from Collector Assault Rifle.
  • Czech language - Issues with Czech localization (subtitles) were amended, all text was corrected and improved.
  • Fixed an issue where the Mass Effect 2 launcher was being associated with files that have no extension.
  • Fixed an issue where uninstalling the game under Windows Vista or Windows 7 might uninstall Mass Effect 1.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 16 June 2010 - 05:45 AM.

#2 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:13 AM

The new patch is actually causing me more headaches than it's solving (but that's because I didn't have any problems before): every time I launch the game, the main menu freezes while it tries to access the Cerberus Network, and nothing short of a full reboot will get it unstuck (alt-tabbing and ctrl-alt-delete don't work). I've left a post on the official forums, and it seems I'm not the only one having the issue, but... *shrug* Anyone else here have this problem?

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:28 AM

Just tested it on my installation, everything works just as it should.

#4 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

BioWare has released a new patch for the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 2, the PC version is still in development. See user comments about the scanning change after the following quote:

Hello Mass Effect 2 Xbox 360 players.

This morning a patch for Mass Effect 2 went live on the Xbox 360. This patch contains the following:

• Scanning for minerals has been optimized
  • Fixed an issue with marking all entries as viewed in the Journal
  • Fixed an issue relating to text and the menu screen
  • Fixed an issue relating to players starting a new game and loading a save
  • Fixed multiple issues when loading a save containing DLC when DLC isn't present
  • Fixed an issue with ammo flashing when it can't be picked up
  • Fixed an issue with crosshairs
  • Fixed an issue with Grunt's Fortification power
  • Fixed an issue with enemies and cover
  • Fixed an issue where players could receive additional talent points
  • Fixed an issue where squad members would overwrite ammo powers the player had assigned them
Currently this patch is only for the 360, but a patch for the PC version of Mass Effect 2 is in the works and we will have details as soon as they are ready.

I noticed the mineral scan was loads faster after the patch. ...

... the scaner it huge and moves at the speed of light - in comparison to the old one ...

The scanning reticle is actually pretty comical now lol. It's so huge it looks hilarious. ...

Scanning one planet will now take, what, five minutes tops? ...

5 minutes? Thats how long it usded take *before* the patch. Just depleted a Rich planet in maybe 2 minutes - they've really turbo-charged it. And it'll get even faster as I get used to the new scanning speed. ...

#5 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

If "fixed an issue relating to players starting a new game" means you won't have to sit through the intro *before* you customize your character, I'm all for it (I've always found that the character creation kinda broke the rhythm of the opening cinematics, but that's just me).
And I see they intend on fixing the "infinite amount of squad points for Shepard" in which you could get unlimited points using the bonus skill (as long as you had the "eezee" to pay for it).
Not sure they can really fix the scanning on the PC: I've never had any issue with it, because my mouse is configured to be pretty sensitive, and that's how the scanner is calibrated. And I'm not sure that that's a part of the game that really *can* be optimized... Just scrap the thing already... *sigh*
Guess I'll have to wait for the PC version of the patch to see exactly what it does, I guess...

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#6 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:20 AM

Notice all the fixes are essentially engine related, while quest bugs are ignored? Bioware always does that (and Obsidian, and every other game company...) That's precisely why I've mostly ignored the engine type stuff and just fix quest and content bugs in my Dragon Age fixpack... cause the kinds of bugs I'm fixing, they *never* seem to get around to doing anything about.

#7 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:58 AM

I'm delighted they're finally dealing with the squadmate ammo problem.

#8 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:32 AM

I wonder if they should invest more time in patches, because they've begun to show a disturbing trend of releasing some seriously bugged games. They're not Troika bad, not even Bethesda bad, but they're starting to resemble Obsidian in my opinion. Maybe the DLC business is eating up too much of their time.

#9 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:45 AM

Patch 1.02 has been released, bringing some much needed fixes. Patch details. Updated first post.