DA: Awakening Launch Party Thread

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:53 AM

The Awakening launch party thread is here! The game is due out on March 16th in North America. The release dates for Europe and Australia are still varying according to retailers, but I've got March 18th and 19th coming up as the most probable prospects.

Personally I expect to get the game on March 18th, but I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Feel free to post spoilers later on, but do use the spoiler tags as is always customary on these occasions.

Posted Image

#2 Zander

Zander
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:41 AM

I've been told by Amazon UK that I'll get it on 22nd March, which ties in with the European release date 19th March. Released on Friday, delivered on Monday.

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:46 AM

Yeah, I guess it could be like that. I'm hoping to get it a day early (Thursday) though...

#4 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

On a new matter, I started obsessing over how much gold I could bring over to Awakening without stripping any of my companions of their gear (RP reasons dictate that they keep it) - I ended up at 80 gold or so.

I guess that'll do... but then I decided to buy RtO and go through that tomorrow to get some extra loot. RtO will probably bump my total earned gold for the whole playthrough to just over 1,000 Sovereigns (I didn't get involved in the tedious Lyrium potion selling business).

Edited by Archmage Silver, 06 March 2010 - 04:38 PM.

#5 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:11 PM

Yup, got mine pre-ordered from Amazon.

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:22 AM

My retailer still has Awakening listed for release on March 18th... I hope that's true, and that this time EA doesn't fail epically and deliver the game 2 weeks late.

#7 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:53 PM

Since you said this topic is to be used for gameplay discussion...

I've read on a local forum that the only way to have your PC alive in Awakening is to knock up Morrigan in Origins, could someone verify it? I picked Leliana over Morrigan yesterday and now worrying if I just doomed my char.

Edited by Creepin, 16 March 2010 - 08:54 PM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#8 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:19 PM

You will be alive in Awakening in most cases:
Spoiler

I did get involved in Lyrium Potions selling business, so I had about 1700 gold when I imported into Awakening. You don't seem to need much money right away, but I wanted to do cool runecrafting without bothering about the money. By the way, you don't need to bring any runes at all to Awakening: I brought several Grandmaster and Master Frost/Lightning/Hale/Dweomer runes just in case I needed them for runecrafting, and they are useless to me here, because I am not going to make any Frost/Lightning/Hale/Dweomer runes for weapons(only Paralyze ones), and they do not fit into armor. Your armor automatically gets three sockets, by the way.

My RtO and vanilla game items imported perfectly, by the way. I sold all SP and WK and pre-order items beforehand.

#9 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

I'm supposed to get my copy tomorrow - we'll see what happens. I hope that for once I'll get my game when I'm supposed to.

Since you said this topic is to be used for gameplay discussion...

Indeed it is! It just needs a bit more activity instead of the news thread... :)

I've read on a local forum that the only way to have your PC alive in Awakening is to knock up Morrigan in Origins, could someone verify it? I picked Leliana over Morrigan yesterday and now worrying if I just doomed my char.

Just to complement Kulyok's answer (also spoils Secret Companion):
Spoiler

#10 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

Right! I completely forgot about that one, thank you for complementing my post. It feels right now. (And my char is female, too. Weird).

Aaaanyway, the game prepared a very pleasant surprise for me (and maybe you, too, ladies): I haven't seen romance in the game, not as such, but
Spoiler

#11 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:27 PM

I thought I'd re-post the unofficial mod link (kudos to Darziak for pointing it out here) that allows the proper importing of DLC and pre-order items from Origins to Awakening in the English version of the game. I knew there would be a way... and what's more, I didn't have to come up with it!

Details & Download

Right! I completely forgot about that one, thank you for complementing my post. It feels right now. (And my char is female, too. Weird).

No problem. ;)

#12 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

@Kulyok: Your news cheers me tremendously. I was really looking forward to the activity you describe in your spoiler.

Now, if my game would just arrive, already! I ordered it weeks ago. They promised it to me on the 22nd, and I was prepared to wait. Then, on the 15th, I got an email saying that my copy of the game shipped! And even better, the warehouse tha shipped it was in a neighboring state! The esimated delivery date was today. It never arrived.

Folks, George Washington marched from Valley Forge, Pennsylvania to Trenton, New Jersey in one night. He also had to procure boats and navigate a partially frozen river in the process. Why is it taking three days for one small cardboard box to arrive by truck?

Edited by berelinde, 17 March 2010 - 01:40 PM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#13 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:45 PM

@Kulyok: Your news cheers me tremendously. I was really looking forward to the activity you describe in your spoiler.

Now, if my game would just arrive, already! I ordered it weeks ago. They promised it to me on the 22nd, and I was prepared to wait. Then, on the 15th, I got an email saying that my copy of the game shipped! And even better, the warehouse tha shipped it was in a neighboring state! The esimated delivery date was today. It never arrived.

Folks, George Washington marched from Valley Forge, Pennsylvania to Trenton, New Jersey in one night. He also had to procure boats and navigate a partially frozen river in the process. Why is it taking three days for one small cardboard box to arrive by truck?

Bureaucracy most likely...

#14 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

Maybe the driver liked it so much he decided to play it, first? Makes sense to me. :)

#15 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:40 PM

Amazon is still saying the 22nd for me. Grrr, I wanna play!

#16 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

Mine is in the mail, but since it does have to cross the English Channel, it'll take 3 to 5 business days, so I probably won't be able to join the party til next week (Tuesday, or Wednesday). :(
In the meantime, thanks for the link, Archmage Silver, I'm going to have to take a look at that, I don't want to spoil my import from Origins to Awakening.
Kulyok, I'm sooo relieved regarding your spoiler, I was under the impression that there would be, well... nothing of the sort. So goodie! :D

I think I'm actually starting to get excited about Awakening!!! ^_^

Edited by Eleima, 17 March 2010 - 11:08 PM.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#17 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

It is nice. Quest boards seem nice, and the graphics, and the voice acting(though it may be just me, but in Amaranthine it echoes a bit). I like it. Runecrafting is fun, and seems more complicated than I thought: there are also some additional nice recipies scattered throughout shops, and for them I need hale runes and lightning runes and cold irons runes and all sort of runes, from journeymen to master and maybe more. Also, I saw and bought some great weapons and armor in shops.

Small spoiler about money:
Spoiler

#18 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:57 PM

And one more thing: there're party conversation triggers in Awakening, too. I don't mean "click this object and NPCs would talk", I mean, places where interparty banter fires up.

I found two so far:
Spoiler

Edited by Kulyok, 17 March 2010 - 11:58 PM.

#19 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

I got the game today and I don't really have any characters who've finished the main game properly (I rushed to the end with my first game and havn't finished my second playthrough yet). :rolleyes:

#20 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:37 AM

I got email from my retailer that my copy has been shipped earlier today, so it's still possible for me to receive it tomorrow. It would be great to get it in time for the weekend, but I'll have to see how it turns out tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 18 March 2010 - 09:38 AM.