Am I blind?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -Guest_Grunker-

-Guest_Grunker-

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:28 AM

I'm playing around with IWD at the minute. I can't seem to get Bow or Crowssbow above three points - that is, I can attain mastery but not high mastery or grand mastery.

Of course, doing it from Dale Keeper might work, but I'm rather stumped as to why it won't work. Am I forgetting something?

I have multi-class grandmastery and BG2-style grandmastery from the tweak pack installed, can that have anything to with it?

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:48 AM

It's a built in limitation, not mod related. You can only get 3 points in either Bows or Crossbows in IWD, no matter which class you play. I believe it was originally designed thus because bows were overpowered at 5 points, at least pre-HoW (post-HoW many of the more powerful items, such as Long Bow +4: Hammer, were removed from loot lists).

#3 -Guest_Grunker-

-Guest_Grunker-

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:03 AM

It's a built in limitation, not mod related. You can only get 3 points in either Bows or Crossbows in IWD, no matter which class you play. I believe it was originally designed thus because bows were overpowered at 5 points, at least pre-HoW (post-HoW many of the more powerful items, such as Long Bow +4: Hammer, were removed from loot lists).

Seriously? Damn. I'm attempting a level 1 HoF-run here, and that kindda limits my options. I could cheat, I guess, but that's not very fulfilling.

Thanks a lot, in any case, Silver! :)

#4 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:23 AM

It's not that imperative to have 5 points in Bows really, they work amaxingly well at 3 points as well. The Grand Mastery would obviously be helpful for a level 1 HoF run, but you'll do fine without it, HoF mode at level 1 is more about correct positioning and kiting anyway.

You might also want to follow Dan Simpson's IWD Guide as you progress, the loot lists in it are very handy.

#5 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:58 AM

It's not that imperative to have 5 points in Bows really, they work amaxingly well at 3 points as well. The Grand Mastery would obviously be helpful for a level 1 HoF run, but you'll do fine without it, HoF mode at level 1 is more about correct positioning and kiting anyway.

You might also want to follow Dan Simpson's IWD Guide as you progress, the loot lists in it are very handy.

Thanks mate.
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:27 AM

No problem. :)