Comments on the Compatibility Guide

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:20 AM

I just want to point out that Konalan's Tweaks has a similar component, "Restored Paladin Abilities" that may conflict with the "Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins" component. If you intend to use both tweakpacks, I recommend NOT installing both components as they do pretty much the same thing (with a few differences).

Edited by Konalan, 22 April 2009 - 08:22 AM.

A compilation of my BG2 mods:
Konalan's Tweaks

#2 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:53 AM

I just want to point out that Konalan's Tweaks has a similar component, "Restored Paladin Abilities" that may conflict with the "Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins" component. If you intend to use both tweakpacks, I recommend NOT installing both components as they do pretty much the same thing (with a few differences).

Thanks for the report.

I'll add a redundancy check in the next maintenance release which will prevent any unnecessary content duplication provided aTweaks is installed last.

#3 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:14 AM

Thanks for the report.

I'll add a redundancy check in the next maintenance release which will prevent any unnecessary content duplication provided aTweaks is installed last.

Konalan's Tweaks has been updated with a redundancy check of its own. This way if it is installed after aTweaks it won't install the "Restored Paladin Abilities" component. :)
A compilation of my BG2 mods:
Konalan's Tweaks

#4 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:17 AM

OK, I've been having a problem with summoning the spell-revisions mod versions of various demons/pit-fiends. They automatically turn hostile(go red) 1 second or so after being summoned by me, even though my whole party was protected against evil. I think this may have happened because I had not installed the spell_revisions versions of the protection from evil/magic circle against evil 10' radius, and am now planning to install a new BWP game with those spell-rev versions included after all. But, I am very afraid that this is not the case. I did not notice any mention of incompatibility between your revised fiends components and the spell revisions mod, but was wondering if there might be? Any ideas?
I can get your own demons summoned with your mod's spells without the hostile-turning bug I got from the spell-revisions mod, but, for various reasons re combat etc., I actually prefer the spell revisions versions of summon fiend etc. At the same time, unlike your interesting mod, the spell revisions mod doesn't allow one, in terms of more realistic gameplay and variety, to have a 50%/50% chance of summoning baatezu or tanar'ri(if neutral-evil-aligned) etc., so I was hoping that I could have both mods installed correctly and pick and choose which demon-summoning spells I want from either mod(via shadowkeeper) at any particular time, so as to have a great BWP BG1/2 game.

It's just that I read that your mod perhaps alters the spell-abilities added in by other mods(liek spell revisions?) and wondered if your mod might have interfered with the demon's behaviour and turned them hostile whenever they are summoned under any circumstances.

#5 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:03 AM

OK, I have now worked out exactly why my spell-revisions versions of demon summoning spells(summon fiend/gate) always turned hostile on me even when I had protection from evil cast on my party. The atweak's fiend-summoning spells component is directly responsible, as the spell revisions demon summoning spells work fine without it, with the fiends aiding me.

This means I'm forced to choose between those 2 mods for summoning spells which is a shame.I tried using enablecheatkeys() and the q button to get the demons allied to me, but this seems to delete their spell-like abilties and nerfs them somewhat combat-wise, I think. Is there any global command I can make that forces nearby demons to become friendly to my party for a time? That way, I could have both the atweak's revised fiends being summoned as well as the spell revisions demon-summoning spells.

Anyway, if someone from the spell revisions or atweaks mod could fix this, I would be most grateful. The spell-codes don't appear to overlap so one can have both mod's demon-summoning spells if the turning-hostile bug is just fixed, somehow.

#6 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:01 AM

Here#s the link, just in case...
http://www.shsforums...estrontium-dog/

#7 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

OK, I've been having a problem with summoning the spell-revisions mod versions of various demons/pit-fiends. They automatically turn hostile(go red) 1 second or so after being summoned by me, even though my whole party was protected against evil.

Sorry for the late reply. At the moment, I don't have much time to browse the forums on workdays. I try to catch up during the weekends, but that doesn't always pan out either.

I think this may have happened because I had not installed the spell_revisions versions of the protection from evil/magic circle against evil 10' radius, and am now planning to install a new BWP game with those spell-rev versions included after all. But, I am very afraid that this is not the case. I did not notice any mention of incompatibility between your revised fiends components and the spell revisions mod, but was wondering if there might be? Any ideas?

It's quite possible that your decision to manually prevent the installation of Spell Revisions' PfE spells has somehow caused your problem. aTweaks' Fiend components have been extensively tested with Spell Revisions, and as long as the proper installation order is maintained, both mods work properly when used together.

I can get your own demons summoned with your mod's spells without the hostile-turning bug I got from the spell-revisions mod, but, for various reasons re combat etc., I actually prefer the spell revisions versions of summon fiend etc.

Just for reference, aTweaks assigns the proper PnP stats to all summoned Fiends. This effectively reverts most of the stat enhancements that SR grants them.

It's just that I read that your mod perhaps alters the spell-abilities added in by other mods(liek spell revisions?) and wondered if your mod might have interfered with the demon's behaviour and turned them hostile whenever they are summoned under any circumstances.

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to here, but aTweaks doesn't alter any existing spells/abilities unless it's explicitly stated in the documentation of the relevant component.

#8 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:35 PM

OK, I have now worked out exactly why my spell-revisions versions of demon summoning spells(summon fiend/gate) always turned hostile on me even when I had protection from evil cast on my party. The atweak's fiend-summoning spells component is directly responsible, as the spell revisions demon summoning spells work fine without it, with the fiends aiding me.

As noted in the other thread, there is no incompatibility between aTweaks and Spell Revisions. I'm unable to reproduce the problem that you've described on a clean install + BG2 Fixpack + Spell Revisions + aTweaks.

#9 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:35 AM

I don't believe a word of it. For 1 thing, I only commented out a few specific spells(eg:- fireball, lightning bolt and horrid wilting) from the spell revisions mod,hardly all or most of them. I will try all over again, with a non-altered spell revisions mod but I seriously doubt it will work.

If the atweak's mod even alters the spell revisions versions of demons in the spell revisions' demon-summoning spells(via the 2nd atweak's fiend-altering component) then that would explain why the demons are all going hostile. I just wish it were possible to summon the spell revisions demons without being affected by the atweak's mod, and then being also able to summon the wider variety of demons available from the atweaks mod.

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

You know, it could be another mod in your mix causing this too. Particularly an AI mod such as BP or SCS.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#11 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:43 AM

I don't believe a word of it.

Feel free to try it out and see for yourself. Spell Revisions and aTweaks work fine together on the minimal installation that I gave above.

I don't doubt that your problem exists, but it's not caused by an incompatibility between aTweaks and Spell Revisions, as it doesn't manifest on the aforementioned test install.

#12 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:01 AM

I think there is a misunderstanding. You pointed out that the atweak's 2nd fiend-altering component does indeed alter/nerf the spell-revisions-mod-version of those demon-summoning spells. That would explain why summoning your (altered) spells works absolutely fine(re summoning balors and cornugons etc. with 50%/50% chance of either type if neutral-evil-aligned). What I mean is that, in shadowkeeper, there are usually 3 particular, different versions of summon-fiend or gate spells, with your atweak's version(stats etc.) being 1 of them, and the rest being from the spell revisions mod re stats(if both mods are installed). The trouble is that those spell revisions versions of demons automatically turn hostile when summoned.

Well, since I am not being allowed to choose both of them(I love the variety of your summoned demons but prefer the better combat-ability of the demons from the spell revisions mod), the only option I have is to use the spell-revisions mod's summoned demons/devils and just add your 1st pnp fiends component so that I get a decent variety of hostile nabassus/balors etc., but not add in the 2nd component which alters the PC's demon-summoning spells.

#13 Reverendratbastard

Reverendratbastard
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:28 AM

relatively quick question from the eternal n00b = am i correct in assuming that the strong recommendation of BG2-Fixpack has no relevance when adding aTweaks to [Easy]Tutu? fixpack seems to emphasize soa/tob content rather than mechanics, but, well, i am certain of very few things in this neck of the universe ;)

... now attempting to increase the intelligence of the question: would aTweaks-for-Tutu depend at all upon the cleanup of script typo/error/corruption, critter-love, monk attacks, +1 short bows, speed/free action, second saves, immunity inconsistencies, chromatic orb, entangle, barkskin, animate dead, hold animal, grease, armor, burning hands, color spray... yikes, spell after spell after spell... or anything else as addressed by bg2 fixpack? (no, really, i read through that massive list - just didn't take the time to type out everything that caught my eye)

(i have installed tutufix v18 and intend to install most of SCS and BG2Tweaks (and have noted that aTweaks should come after these two), for the record. i just haven't come across anything amongst those that specifies comprehensive attention or inattention towards the non-soa/tob-related elements of bg2-fixpack...)
FAVORITE BUMPERSTICKER:

~ god was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and i had to eat him ~

#14 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:51 AM

Easytutu already comes with the relevant fixes from BG2 fixpack incorporated. It will detect the current version of Tutufix and only offer the mod's tweaks.

I've played with previous versions of atweaks (which detects your easytutu installation and only offers relevant components) in Easytutu and had no issues.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#15 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

Sorry If I'm not exactly informative, or outright look stupid with this, my experience with BG2 mods is short.
Not sure how to best present it...
I'm having problems with PnP Fiends component from aTweaks and Spellweaver. (No longer supported by it's author but still a part of RPG-Dungeon Kitpack or what's it called)

If I have PnP Fiends installed and try to turn a wild mage into Spellweaver (It's done by in-game script) the game just freezes, giving a "pop-up error" sound but not actually giving any pop-up. (to be more specific, basic PnP Fiends component is enought to trigger this)
If I remove PnP Fiends it works.

I haven't tested it extensively, so there might be more to this behavior, but so far I've only done minor "testing", which requres only minimal in-game time - just to look if my mod set-up works atleast "on the outset".

In case there's a possibility that other mods are somehow interfeering, this is how my setup looks without PnP Fiends.

In Common speach (and in short) it's:

BG fixpack
Bunch of NPC mods
Spellweaver form RPG kitpack
JOG's Spellshaper
aTweaks

In long and thourough:

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v9.01
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA: 4
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB: 4
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB: 4
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wake-Up dialogue for Anomen Romance (By David Gaider with additions from Kulyok): 4
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // NPC Conflict Revisions: 4
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Aerie/Jaheira/Anomen interjection in Underdark: 4
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #8 // Install Banter Accelerator? How much time would you like in between NPC banters in-game? -> 20 Minutes: 4
~IMOENFRIENDSHIP/IMOENFRIENDSHIP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Imoen Friendship for SoA: 2
~MAZZY/SETUP-MAZZY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Mazzy Friendship: 2
~SAREVOKROMANCE/SAREVOKROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aeryn's Sarevok Romance for BGII: Throne of Bhaal: 1.1
~VICONIA/SETUP-VICONIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Viconia Friendship: 3.1
~YOSHIMO/YOSHIMO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yoshimo Friendship Mod for BGII: SoA: 2
~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // EdwinRomance
~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Restore Edwin's BG1 portrait
~SETUP-EDWINTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Edwin Romance ToB
~SETUP-EDWINTOB.TP2~ #0 #1 // New ending for Viconia Romance by Laufey
~SETUP-EDWINFLIRTS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Edwin Flirts 0.1b
~CHLOE/CHLOE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Chloe NPC mod: v1.5
~TASHIA/SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tashia NPC Mod -> Full version (ToB required): v1.3
~TASHIA/SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tashia Add-on Pack by Bri and Lord Ernie (English only, Tashia ToB Required) -> Baldurized Dialogues: v1.3
~TASHIA/SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternate portrait for Tashia. -> Tashia's Alternate Portrait 1 - Created by Amalthea.: v1.3
~NEPHELE/NEPHELE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nephele NPC Mod for BGII: SoA & ToB: 1
~SETUP-FADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fade: An NPC for Baldur's Gate II
~SETUP-RPG-KP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Kitpack Component - Spellweaver: Wild Sorcerer kit
~WILDMAGE/SETUP-WILDMAGE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Wild Mage Additions: New Wild Magic Spells
~WILDMAGE/SETUP-WILDMAGE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Wild Mage Additions: Spellshaper Kit
~WILDMAGE/SETUP-WILDMAGE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Misc spell modifications
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Allow Breach to take down Stoneskin effects applied by items: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #201 // Instant casting for warrior innates: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #202 // Revised Bhaalpowers -> Enhance the Bhaalpowers and standardize their casting time: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #218 // Regain Bhaalpowers in ToB: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #203 // Make druidic shapeshifting uninterruptable: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #210 // Restore the Dispel Magic vulnerability to Nishruu and Hakeashars: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #212 // Make alignment detection spells more accurate: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #220 // Simple Thief script: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #230 // Simple Bard script: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #324 // Use Icewind Dale's Dimension Door animation -> Fast animation speed, shorter delay between animation start and creature appearance/disappearance: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #303 // Give Shambling Mounds their proper soundset: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #304 // Give Mariliths their Icewind Dale soundset: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #310 // Distinctive creature coloring: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #500 // Slightly expanded storage capacity for containers -> Use the recommended storage capacity value (999): v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #510 // Expanded temple services: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Restore innate infravision to Half-Orc characters: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Prevent skeletal undead from being affected by Illithids' Devour Brain attack: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #102 // Change Spiritual Hammer into a ranged force weapon: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Magical arrows and bolts deal bonus damage equal to their enchantment level: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #125 // Rangers' Animal Empathy improves with experience: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Additional racial traits for Dwarves: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Additional racial traits for Gnomes: v3.53
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #115 // Allow Mages to scribe memorized spells onto scrolls -> Scrolls can be scribed everywhere: v3.53

#16 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

If I have PnP Fiends installed and try to turn a wild mage into Spellweaver (It's done by in-game script) the game just freezes, giving a "pop-up error" sound but not actually giving any pop-up. (to be more specific, basic PnP Fiends component is enought to trigger this)

When do you experience this problem? Before the dialogue, during the dialogue or after or what?

#17 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 04:25 AM

A few spells pertaining to the Spellweaver kit are corrupted. [1] PnP Fiends contains code that ends up propagating this corruption and the result is a crash when the spells are cast.

1. The global effect index is outside the valid range.

Edit: The upcoming v3.54 will be resistant to this issue.

Edited by Wisp, 13 June 2011 - 04:59 AM.

#18 stranger_

stranger_
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

Hello, everybody.

Radiant Mephit is stuck on casting of ?Detect illusion?, while Blade in offensive/defensive spin state

Description:
Radiant Mephit, which is spawned in the room with the deactivated golem in Irenicus dungeon on level 1, is stuck on casting of ?Detect illusion? while a blade character is in offensive or defensive spin state and located in its range of sight (see screen-shot).

Steps to reproduce:
  • Blade character activates offensive/defensive spin in radiant mephit?s range of sight
  • Observe actual results:
Actual results:
While Blade character does not live offensive/defensive spin state, radiant mephit continues to detect illusion, even if attacked.

Expected result:
I think it should stop detecting illusions after 3-5 attempts and respond on offence.

Reproducibility: Always

Note: it seems to me that problem in blur effect of spins. When character enters under ?blur? and ?mirror image? spells on him/her everything works fine. Mephit dispels them and attacks.

Screen-shot: Posted Image

P.S. Sorry if posted in a wrong thread, but I think its an compatibility issue

Attached Files

#19 Pol

Pol
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

Note: it seems to me that problem in blur effect of spins. When character enters under “blur” and “mirror image” spells on him/her everything works fine. Mephit dispels them and attacks.

P.S. Sorry if posted in a wrong thread, but I think its an compatibility issue

I think it's not a compatability issue. The offensive spin ability has a "cosmetic" blur effect which sets STATE_ILLUSIONS (IESDP lists this state as any combination of invisibility, mirror image and II but it includes blur also) for AI purposes although it's not illusionary in terms of it's source and can't be dispelled by illusion sectype/school removal, the Claw of Kazgaroth and cloak of displacement would show this bug also.

Edited by Pol, 06 December 2011 - 04:29 PM.

#20 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

It's pretty much as Pol says.

This is caused by a limitation of the engine's scripting language.