Photo

This is a fantastic site

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Aerows

Aerows
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

I loved IWD, possibly more than I loved BG. I can't exactly explain why, but I must say, I am incredibly thankful that I found this site! I picked up a new laptop over the holidays to cart around with me, and while it will play DA:O and ME (first one), I wanted something that I could also play that wasn't quite so action oriented - it's very small (11.6), decent hardware (Radeon HD3200 and an X2 1.5 CPU). With a screen like that, it was crying out for some older games. I found this site and the G3 site to configure both IWD and IWD2 in widescreen, and I couldn't be more thrilled. I was sitting tonight playing IWD right in front of my main system for about 3 hours without even realizing how much time had passed.

Thanks so much for keeping these games alive. I'm going to delve into Tutu when I get done going through IWD again in normal and HoF mode.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:48 AM

Can't really say that the SHS keeps the IwD alive, but anyway.

Thanks so much for keeping these games alive. I'm going to delve into Tutu when I get done going through IWD again in normal and HoF mode.

This might be the stupidest question of the century, but still; Which of the four Tutu's are you talking about? :lol:

See, there is the BG1Tutu, the EasyTutu(the advanced BG1Tutu, English only), the IwD1Tutu, and the IwD2Tutu. The 3 others are a bit or more in disrepair, but the EasyTutu really kicks all kinds of evildoers. But the again there is the BGT(-weidu) and the BWP/BWS that uses that, but is not needed.

But what ever you do, I do recommended that you read the newest topics on how to install all the mods on top of each others, for BG1Tutu/EasyTutu, and if you wish an auto-setup tool for a huge combination of BGT and BG2 mods, use this.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 18 March 2010 - 12:50 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

Yeah, I'd say the Gibberlings Three keeps IWD modding going for the most part. Spellhold Studios might keep up interest for the game in general, but if we're nitpicking here...

#4 -Aerows-

-Aerows-

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:41 PM

I'm going to do the Big World modification for BG and BG 2. G3 is great for IWD stuff, but this site also has a lot of IE resources so whether you directly help or not, you definitely indirectly do. That's what my thanks is for.

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

If you're doing the BWP, this is the place to be :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:54 AM

I'm going to do the Big World modification for BG and BG 2. G3 is great for IWD stuff, but this site also has a lot of IE resources so whether you directly help or not, you definitely indirectly do. That's what my thanks is for.

If you put it that way, then yes, obviously. Most of the modders have accounts on multiple sites anyway.

#7 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:07 AM

Domi's IWD2 NPCs are cool: http://gibberlings3.net/iwd2npc/

And I can't pass mentioning IWD NPC, naturally: :) http://pocketplane.net/iwdnpc

#8 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Not to suck up or anything but the NPC mods for IWD 1 and 2 are both fantastic. Playing with the NPCs makes both games a lot more engaging.