Photo

level 1 npc trouble

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:51 AM

I, once again, reinstalled the whole thing (with the latest Big World installer, 9.0), though I removed generalized biffing from the directory to run the installer because that used to give me trouble to later on install the different lvl 1 npc. Now that I try to install it, the program seems unable to find ajanati.cre; ressource not found for copy...only worked for Aerie, doesn't seem to work for any characters other than Aerie who is first in that list to install.
Also I searched through my SoA directory, that file seems only available in backups of other mods.

Either way, run the whole thing again with generalized biffing? Or would that just make it worse? I can of course provide the Weidu log if needed.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:49 AM

You don't want to run it on a biffed game. Probably need your WeiDU.log, maybe your setup-level1npcs.DEBUG log too, though I think this forum would be better.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:48 AM

the game isn't biffed yet...or at least, it shouldn't be, because i removed the generalized biffing setup.

Spoiler

the setup-level1npcs.DEBUG log is riduclously long...

Edited by Discordia, 23 April 2010 - 08:18 AM.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

Well, if you look at your WeiDU.log, you'll notice that the BGT was never installed. :lol:
And the C#AJANTIS_SVA doesn't use the original resources that the BGT does, so the character cannot be is not Level 1 NPCed. It's all possible that the v1.3eib2 needs the BGT.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 06 April 2010 - 01:44 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

what? why was bgt never installed...
that is odd.

oh well, i'll have to do a complete reinstall...again.

thanks for pointing it out.

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

Check your setup-bgt*.DEBUG files for ERRORs, which should exist if there was any attempt to install them (but not if it was skipped for whatever reason).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

the setup-level1npcs.DEBUG log is riduclously long...

So? Put it into a .rar archive and let us download it... :P

#8 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

in bgt debug this is the first error

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [DDKIV1.BCS] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

maybe i have been restoring my installation to often and it's time for a complete new installation.

#9 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:20 PM

i reinstalled the whole thing...twice...and it still doesn't work. right now it's installing with generalized biffing, any tips on how to apply the mod after that?
like copy some of the needed files someplace else...or something like that.

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:27 PM

Eh, well you seem to have 2 different problems here:
1) BGT won't install
2) Level 1 NPCs won't install (might make sense if 1 is the case)

So what still doesn't work, BGT? I'm confused because ddkiv1.bcs is neither a BG2 nor BG1 script from what I can tell. Might want to zip and attach your bgt DEBUG log, probably in the BGT forum where you'll get more help from the experts (I am not one when it comes to BGT).

Question though: did you do clean, full, patched BG1-TotSC and BG2-ToB installs before installing BGT?

#11 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

to answer your question, yes, i did all of that, but roughly 3 months ago, and i have used the auto restore function ever since.

also, i just finished the install and bgt seems to work normally, at least from what little i can tell from walking through candlekeep.

haven't tried starting the game in the other installs...which would have been a pain without any biffing whatsoever, so i don't know if the bgt wasn't really installed...the weidu aside anyway.

now it worked...except that everything has been biffed so i can't really run lvl 1 npc.

unless there is some other way to start it, my error is

ERROR: error loading [override/pdialog.2da]
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "override/pdialog.2da")

FATAL ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "override/pdialog.2da")

which is to be expected...i guess. but how to circumvent it?

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

now it worked...except that everything has been biffed so i can't really run lvl 1 npc.

unless there is some other way to start it, my error is

ERROR: error loading [override/pdialog.2da]
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [LEVEL1NPCS/LEVEL1NPCS.TP2]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "override/pdialog.2da")

FATAL ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "override/pdialog.2da")

which is to be expected...i guess. but how to circumvent it?

Oh... that's a known issue if the game is biffed. I think you just need to extract pdialog.2da (use Near Infinity or DLTCEP) and save it in your override, then try the L1NPCs install again.

#13 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:12 PM

awesome, thanks.

#14 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:35 AM

alright, it's me again, for some reason i thought that i needed to install never ending journey as well...and so i redid the whole thing, extracted the pdialog.2da to override and everything went smoothly...so far. however when it comes to deciding what kits they should use...i get <invalid strref 3423xx> for the first three choices (cleric, i assume lathander, helm and talos)...also, there are lines of dialogue in there in between...i think from a bard. and more invalid strrefs...

what went wrong?

i thought i uploaded my weidu list, but i didn't see it...so here it is.

Spoiler

Edited by Discordia, 23 April 2010 - 08:17 AM.

#15 AndrewB

AndrewB
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:14 AM

that... is funky. I haven't seen anything like that before. Perhaps Miloch or Jarno or someone else has. In the future, can you hide your WeiDu log between [spoiler.] [./spoiler] tags (without the periods)? Makes it a little less "spammy".

edit: after looking over the log, I wonder if it's got something to do with the Paladins of Faerun mod. It supposedly replaces all the Bioware kits with it's own.

Edited by AndrewB, 23 April 2010 - 08:19 AM.

BEGIN BIFFING

ACTION_IF!(FILE_EXISTS ~McFly~) THEN BEGIN
SAY ~BUTTHEAD!~
Posted Image
END BIFFING

#16 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:21 AM

sure can...

hmmm...maybe.

i would rather prefer to not try this by brute force method and reinstalling the whole thing just to realize that wasn't the problem though.
also, i'm pretty sure i had that installed before and it worked fine.

#17 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

alright, i unistalled generalized biffing, installed lvl 1 npc, reinstalled generalized biffing. which all seemed to work fine as far as i can tell.

appearantly BGT didn't install...again, or maybe i just don't know how to start bg1 it from the new menu. it doesn't seem to appear in the weidu log though.
either way, when creating a new bg2 character those kit errors appear again, which leads me to believe that my current installation is fubar.
judging from this it's most likely that it would have occured whether i had uninstalled generalized biffing or not, also that it is the cause of it all.
i wonder what the underlying problem is though...some incompatibility with the biffer from never ending journey i wonder...

to try it out i started the game.
supposedly bg2. i was in a room with some guard and couldn't move and the interface was removed...and nothing happened, i couldn't even end the game or enter into the menu or hit alt + f4. well, the latter i could, but to no effect.

oh well, i guess next time i'm gonna read through that installation guide...
i always figured the incompatibilities were pointed out by the installer.

Edited by Discordia, 23 April 2010 - 12:20 PM.

#18 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

reinstalled, the whole thing, kicked some mods (like semi multi clerics, spell 50 and other things that would be rather obviously incompatible) and now it works fine, even lvl 1 npc installed without trouble.

except that now i have another problem:

random dialogue errors and some locations bear false names, mostly dialogue excerpts. the starting area, where gorion got ambushed, is called:
"what, are you five? i am done with you." (or something similar) and the road between the friendly arm and beregost is called something like "yes my love"

anyone ever seen something like that?
i guess i'm gonna search through the forum as well, maybe i find someone else with that problem...

Spoiler

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:05 AM

random dialogue errors and some locations bear false names, mostly dialogue excerpts. the starting area, where gorion got ambushed, is called:
"what, are you five? i am done with you." (or something similar) and the road between the friendly arm and beregost is called something like "yes my love"

Did you actually started a new game after all the installation was done and so arrived to the Gorion's ambush site, or did you randomly choose to load a previously made save that has it's dialog.tlk attached to it still... the only way to have the dialog go the right way is to start completely new game from Candlekeep with level 1 char and zero XP etc...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 April 2010 - 12:05 AM.

#20 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:21 AM

of course...i even started 2, just to doublecheck. well, actually i deleted the exported pdialog.2da prior to starting the second, somehow i thought maybe that would remove my problem.
then again, the second character i just imported from the other save game...though that shouldn't cause any trouble right? either way, it would be too late for that now.

after probably 100 times of restoring my backup and installing the whole thing, i thought, this time i better go for a completely fresh and clean install.

any tips on what mods not to use if i wanna add never ending journey?

btw, how are your companions handled there, supposedly you start it right in chateau irenicus...which means you'll only have the characters available that you pick up there, even if there's a whole bunch of them with all the mods.

Edited by Discordia, 24 April 2010 - 12:22 AM.