3 replies to this topic

#1 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

Hello Qwinn!

Just today my girlfriend and I installed again PT along with your Fixpack and some of the UB and Tweaks components.

I thought to just mention here things that might be of interest to you as author.

In the Mortuary, at the very beginning, I once opened the door leading out after finding the proper key. The game reported correctly the lost item but the door opened and then closed extremely quick. The game informed me then that I needed a key. After reloading, I did the same and didn't happen again.

Entering the Hive from the tomb resulted then in PC and NPCs no longer having a circle at their feet. After saving and reloading, everything was back.

One question: would it be possible to raise the walking speed for PCs and NPCs without using the running option? The game is frustratingly slow otherwise.

Thank you for the good work!

I will keep this thread updated (if you like) the more I proceed into the game to offer new feedback.

Cheers!

Edited by Salk, 15 April 2010 - 10:14 AM.

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

Hi Salk! Sure, keep me updated on anything you find.

Unfortunately, in most circumstances, bugs that are resolved by simply saving and reloading are difficult to reproduce, and I don't know what I could do about them. Obviously asking you for a save game with the problem would do little good. So not sure what I can do on the two you mentioned.

One question: would it be possible to raise the walking speed for PCs and NPCs without using the running option? The game is frustratingly slow otherwise.

I *think* that raising the FPS in torment.ini will have the effect you're looking for (of course, this will speed up everything in the game at the same proportional rate, not just your walking speed). I'd say try going from 30 to 45 to start with. I'll presume that much is enough for you know what to look for and experiment, if not, let me know and I'll dig and try to be more specific in what you should do.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 07 April 2010 - 09:42 PM.

#3 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:16 AM

The text of several items found in the mortuary miss line breaks (Iron Prybar, Bone Charm, Charcoal Charm, Corpse File Charm, Dustman Embalming Charm, Lesser, and so on) resulting in difficult reading.

It can perhaps be better formatted?

Edited by Salk, 17 April 2010 - 03:30 AM.

#4 -walker-

-walker-

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

Although not an issue with fixpack possibly something that could be fixed in future;

I remember playing PS:T for the first time and meeting Annah, never had much of a conversation with her and thought she was a standard NPC. But you look in the journal screen and she is already reported as a PC even though the player would have no idea at this point that she could be. Same with the other potential PCs too.