Photo

Beregost Crashes Solved!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Lupuss

Lupuss
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

Would you recommend deleting the door? It won't block the way to the building?

#22 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:52 AM

Install the fix in the first post - as it says there, it works on new games or those where you haven't visited Beregost yet (as you say you haven't).

If you don't know how to do that, copy and paste the code in that codebox into a file named Setup-BeregostFix.tp2 and save that in your BGT folder. Copy and paste another mod's .exe, renaming it Setup-BeregostFix.exe. Double-click on that and install as any other mod.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#23 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:50 PM

PATCH_IF ( x = 233 && y = 303 ) BEGIN
        END

Did you intend to have part of your patch do nothing, neglect to provide the WRITEs for one of the points, or found they were unnecessary for this one?

(And as I said in the BG1 Fixroom, I'll say again publicly - this is an awesome discovery :Bow:.)

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#24 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:28 PM

Deliberately left alone. Redundant coding I suppose. I just left it there to remind me that there were four impeded coordinates for that open door.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#25 MisterDutch

MisterDutch
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:44 AM

Install the fix in the first post - as it says there, it works on new games or those where you haven't visited Beregost yet (as you say you haven't).

If you don't know how to do that, copy and paste the code in that codebox into a file named Setup-BeregostFix.tp2 and save that in your BGT folder. Copy and paste another mod's .exe, renaming it Setup-BeregostFix.exe. Double-click on that and install as any other mod.

Would this method work for BG Easy Tutu aswell? (I have the ToB version) Or is the whole code thing & .tp2 / .exe method suitable only for BGT?

Kudo's to you ASC64 for solving this, if the BG community could give out nobel prizes I'm sure you would deserve to get one :D

Edited by MisterDutch, 17 May 2010 - 12:45 AM.

#26 FumY

FumY
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

Ascension64 you are the best!

Greetings from Spain :D

#27 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:00 AM

Would this method work for BG Easy Tutu aswell? (I have the ToB version) Or is the whole code thing & .tp2 / .exe method suitable only for BGT?

The code is the same except for the area name, so you need to substitute that as indicated in the commented line (so fw3300 instead of ar6700). Or you can just install the Gavin Tutu mod from gibberlings3.net, which has this built in.

#28 MisterDutch

MisterDutch
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:33 AM

Thanksa bunch, Miloch. :) That seemed to to the trick. (the substitution, not the Gavin Tutu mod, no need for him)

Kind regards,
-MD

#29 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:26 AM

Ascension64, thanks alot for this fix. I would say this was the worst stability problem with TUTU or Trilogy ever since they were originally created. The reason being that you can't avoid Bergest and yet it would randomly crash your game and corrupt your save files. Thanks to you, BGT is now more stable than the original game in every way. Your work for this community is much appreciated.

#30 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

Do you object if I drop this in as a component in the next release of SCS? (With full credit, obviously.) Since I don't think there's another release of EasyTutu coming any time soon, it'd be one way to get it more widely distributed to the non-megamodding bit of the community. (It looks as if the code is robust against being installed multiple times, so that doesn't preclude others doing the same.)

#31 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:26 PM

Should be fine. Installing the same component multiple times shouldn't cause any problems.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#32 -Spookycat-

-Spookycat-

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

The code is the same except for the area name, so you need to substitute that as indicated in the commented line (so fw3300 instead of ar6700). Or you can just install the Gavin Tutu mod from gibberlings3.net, which has this built in.

Thank you for the instructions.

Using the preferred load order for Tutu mods, where should the Beregost fix be installed --> early in the list or near /at the end of the list?

#33 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

Using the preferred load order for Tutu mods, where should the Beregost fix be installed --> early in the list or near /at the end of the list?

It doesn't really matter, but you may as well put it in early. If you're installing Gavin or SCS (and maybe other mods) they already contain the fix, so you needn't worry about it.

#34 -Gavin-

-Gavin-

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

That's all nice and fine and all and I appreciate you finding this out but exactly *what* do I do with that code you posted? It serves no purpose as random code on a BBS board unless people know what to do with it.

#35 -Gavin-

-Gavin-

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

"Edit BALDUR.SAV with NearInfinity"

Considering NearInfinity doesn't recognize .SAV files, how are we supposed to this?

C'mon now.

#36 -Anonymous-

-Anonymous-

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

Can somebody please tell me the WeiDU command line to run this patch? I'm using

WeiDU.exe --game-by-type BG BeregostFix.tp2

and get:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [AR3300.ARE] not found in KEY file:
        [C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II/chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

#37 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:13 AM

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [AR3300.ARE] not found in KEY file:
[C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II/chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

This doesn't apply to BG2, only BG1. It's already in BGT if you're using that, so you needn't install it separately.

#38 -Anonymous-

-Anonymous-

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

This doesn't apply to BG2, only BG1. It's already in BGT if you're using that, so you needn't install it separately.

I failed to notice it was using my BG2 install directory. For the record, adding

--game <BG1 DIRECTORY>

to the command seems to have worked.

#39 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:15 PM

Shouldn't this be in the fixpack?

#40 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

BG1 Fixpack, perhaps.

--------------
Retired Modder