The new Russian translation?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 -anger-

-anger-

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:08 PM

There is no Russian version of the game at all. Search the Internet. It's a fake. You was fooled by Macbeth and Refiler. There are only pirated versions with very awful quality of translation. The russian tra-files are awful too.

Sorry for my english.

#2 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:25 PM

I don't think anyone implied that there was an "official" Russian translation but a fan made one by Macbeth and Refiler.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#3 -anger-

-anger-

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:28 PM

I know what I’m talking about. I know their work, tell you again - it is awful. There is only one quality fan's translation - http://pst-l10n.wikidot.com/ and it isn't completed yet. Use Google, check the Russian Internet if you don't trust me - it's the most popular result.

Sorry for my English again.

#4 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

Well, there's no way for me to judge. And even if what you say is true, better an "awful" translation for my mods than none at all. If the people doing the "quality" translation are willing to come over and translate my mods once they're done with the main translation, then I'll see about finding someone who knows both english and russian who can evaluate which one is better. Till then, I see no reason not to include the work with my mods. If there is indeed no main translation for the game, then no one will be trying to play it translated and it should make no difference.

Qwinn

#5 -anger-

-anger-

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:20 PM

There are many "unofficial" main translations for the game in Russia, and many of them already includes translation for your mods. And you already judge by choosing one of them in practice. And sole reason why you do so - just because some guys made "tra" for you. This is convincing argument of course, but neutrality in this case is better. Anyway, do what is right in your own sight, but be aware what such view also exists.

Sorry for my English in third time.

#6 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:16 AM

First, no need to apologize, your english can be understood with little trouble.

There are many "unofficial" main translations for the game in Russia, and many of them already includes translation for your mods.

Er, I don't see how this is possible. I believe any translation for my mods would have to be installed *as part* of my mods, otherwise there'd be no way to line up the dialogue lines with the TRA lines.

If there are already "many" russian translations of my mods (and this seems dubious in light of your claim that there are "only pirated versions with very awful quality" of the main game), well, why didn't any of them show up before and offer to have them be a part of the actual package? Until they show up here *with* those translations, and ask me to integrate them with my mods, there's no reason whatsoever why I should consider their work at all, much less consider it *better* than Macbeth's and Refiler's, again, particularly if all the other pirated versions out there are "very awful quality" as well.

If someone shows up here with a different translation, claiming it is better than the existing one, well, I'll see if I can find anyone to judge them. (Oh, joy, I always WANTED to be in the middle of a Russian Civil War, woohoo, now THIS is why I mod!) Till then, no, I see no good reason to extricate Macbeth and Refiler's work. For one thing, they outnumber you 2-1. For another... they showed up. And for another, they brought their work.

(Sigh. Art imitates life. The Germans do everything by committee, the Russians are already fighting, and the French promise to show up but never do.)

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 13 April 2010 - 12:27 AM.

#7 -anger-

-anger-

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:56 AM

Er, I don't see how this is possible.

Oh, it is very simple technically, just a small patch over yours usually, which only translates the text differences.

and this seems dubious in light of your claim that there are "only pirated versions with very awful quality" of the main game

I find it hard to express my thoughts in English, but I will try.

Fist, there is no Macbeth's and Refiler's main translation at all.

There were only three original translations made by pirates in far 2000. All the others, except one, it is only editions with some alterations of those translations. Ask Macbeth or Refiler if you do not trust me. And their edition is the worst of the existing.

Till then, no, I see no good reason to extricate Macbeth and Refiler's work.

Do as you think fit.

By the way, there is no war there are only various opinions.

#8 Refiler

Refiler
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

Qwinn, this is a real translation. We've done it and it is updated all the time.

It is tested on some russian forums (http://forums.aerie....9dde18d&start=0).

I do not know that guy.

In addition I'm working on the adaptation of the russian version of Torment.

It is not a fake. If you need some kind of guarantee, I can grant them.

P.S. It is really a surprise for me...

#9 -Green-

-Green-

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:31 AM

Transfer from Macbeth and Refiler's the best. http://pst-l10n.wikidot.com/ - transfer dung, disgusting.

#10 Aldark

Aldark
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:39 AM

I can say only one thing - the fake is the anger's words. Really, there is no official translation of Planescape, pirates' translation is awfull, but such folks like wooder and Macbeth are ones who want to make this world better :). Yes, their translation is based on pirates' one but it is MUCH better than pirates' dialog.tlk. I've used it, so I can say it from "first person" (don't know this word in English :)). I am also one, who has helped Macbeth with translation, with some scripts and with "worldmap fix". So if you think we are fooling you - you can think so. But KNOW - we are TRYING to do something with translation PST into russian.
And Macbeth's translation of mods is PERFECT. 8)
P.S. Я знаю кто ты, -anger- ;)

Edited by Aldark, 13 April 2010 - 08:06 AM.

Jack-of-all-trades, tech jedi, arcanecoast.ru administrator

TraDE : classic BG, IWD, PS:T and NWN .TLK/.TRA editor
cppbg : Open source C++ library for manipulating Infinity Engine files

#11 Aldark

Aldark
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:58 AM

One more thing I can add - Macbeth's and Ko translation doesn't contain any parts of this damn http://pst-l10n.wikidot.com/. I used it before - quality of this translation is... well, I think pirates have done their work better. You can see the skills in translating from russian to english of guys from that site right here. :D
So, I am over.

Edited by Aldark, 13 April 2010 - 08:07 AM.

#12 -anger-

-anger-

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:56 AM

Ha, seems like they outnumbered me more than 2-1. Refiler also known as Macbeth personally and the couple of his friends. And seems for them it is really a war what they are obviously wants to carry into this plane. Isn't it pitiful! There is no necessity engage in such war; there is a risk to take a wrong side. I will tell again: neutrality in this case is better. Let them translate anything but there is no sense in integrating their work with yours before you can find an independent judge.

we are TRYING to do something with translation PST into russian

При этом окончательно испоганив этот самый перевод.

Я знаю кто ты, -anger-

Рад за тебя. Не знал, что я популярен.

#13 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:31 AM

AERIE team - *most populated* site, where russian fans and translators works. More than 5 years active working.
Today our count is low, but we still alive.
Also, we ALWAYS check our translations before send it to authors.
Anyway, it's simple: we cannot give our transltions to 1 000 000 people for test and add all additions and correct all corrections (blah). But our deals is real and we want to make IE-rpg and IE-mods more *russian*. Many many empty words does not coast one real deal.

-anger-
There is no perfect transltion.
If ya want to add your personal tra or tra that u' seems best, you can also send it QWINN.
Such type I saw in several mods.
Russian
Russian (revised).

When your transltion will be ready, return and we shall speak more. Until now - please don't muddle the water

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#14 Aldark

Aldark
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:35 AM

Я знаю кто ты, -anger-
Рад за тебя. Не знал, что я популярен.

Конечно знаю. Ты один из тех калек что не умеют ничего делать. И мне кажется что флудом заниматься нехорошо. Ты сам когда-нибудь пробывал что-нибудь сделать? Или только на словах мастер? Можешь сколько угодно писать какие мы неудачники, все равно ты останешься в проигрыше. Теперь ты посмешище - Удачи.

Не нравится перевод - используй другой и не порть нервы остальным. Могу позычить тебе беретту, если хочешь. Не думаю, что без тебя мир станет хуже.

I feel, Qwinn, you can close this theme right now or delete it. I don't see any sence in continuing this useless disscusion.

Edited by Aldark, 13 April 2010 - 10:42 AM.