Photo

Weapon Upgrade Questions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Wrack

Wrack
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

Playing through V0.52 and taking the path through to Piney Bluff, etc. I noticed that one of Icar's dialogues with Rurik mention fixing a problem with Glowfire, and I believe the sword was mentioned as upgradable somewhere in the forums. However after the dialogue nothing happened, and using the console to try and further things along brought up nothing new along those lines. Even in Rurik's smithy no new options are available.

A similar thing happened regarding the Sword of Spartusia, while I am aware it can be upgraded in Myth Drannor, Rurik mentioned to Aleigha that he could improve it if some special booze is obtained from the temple of Liira. But after the item is gotten, nothing further transpires. Incidentally, I've noticed that the upgraded version appears to be lost if Aleigha is captured by slavers...it returns as usual after resting, but as a +2 sword, not as Squelcher.

Also, is the Shatterspike upgrade based on interparty dialogue too, possibly with Rurik ?

Edited by Wrack, 12 April 2010 - 06:00 PM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

The item upgrades are done in the Rurics smithy, in Saltmarsh... you'll also need other things, like money, certain components...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Wrack

Wrack
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:12 AM

That makes sense, however typically when an item is upgradable you can ask rurik about it and he tells you what the other items and money you need are. In my case despite the weapons being in the inventory they are not mentionable in the smithy dialogue options. How am I supposed to find out what the items and money required are, or communicate to Rurik that I am interested in upgrading them? Are the options for glowfire, etc, disabled until a particular chapter or something like that?

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:28 PM

Rurik will "attempt" to upgrade Aleigha's sword but isn't able to. Not sure why that set of dialogs hasn't triggered yet for you but I haven't tested it in maybe a year. So maybe something is now broken.

Her sword will be upgraded by Blight in Myth Drannor. As for the slavers, the sword should have reappeared at the same level she lost it at. Another interesting bug.

Some of the other swords get upgraded by items you won't pick up until the slaver series. Therefore, you can't upgrade until you get to Selgaunt. Since we are just now working on that part of the story, I suspect those dialogs with Rurik aren't finished yet.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#5 -Wrack-

-Wrack-

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:33 AM

Have just found out that Icar can upgrade Glowfire and Shatterspike in Piney Bluff after doing the Gaunlet quests. No idea where to get a blessed whetstone from, though I'll keep an eye out for one.

Also wondering if atm the forge in the Villa is meant to lead to anything? Icar mentions he can't make anything in it because of the weave being too strong/out of control.

*spoiler warning*

I mention the whetstone and the forge because if they are linked to something Icar can do, surely one must be able to obtain the items before the slaver series, as part of completing those adventures involves slaying Icar.

#6 -Wrack-

-Wrack-

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:33 AM

Have just found out that Icar can upgrade Glowfire and Shatterspike in Piney Bluff after doing the Gaunlet quests. No idea where to get a blessed whetstone from, though I'll keep an eye out for one.

Also wondering if atm the forge in the Villa is meant to lead to anything? Icar mentions he can't make anything in it because of the weave being too strong/out of control.

*spoiler warning*

I mention the whetstone and the forge because if they are linked to something Icar can do, surely one must be able to obtain the items before the slaver series, as part of completing those adventures involves slaying Icar.

#7 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:51 AM

*spoiler warning*

Which forge? I need to know if it is in a house or if it is the forge outside. Also no quest requires you to kill Icar. You have the option to duel him if he did not join.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#8 Yowenir

Yowenir
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:56 AM

Which forge? I need to know if it is in a house or if it is the forge outside. Also no quest requires you to kill Icar. You have the option to duel him if he did not join.

I'll just step in for a sec, because I've been wondering about the same point, where Icar has a dialogue that seemingly ends in Nirvana. Wrack must be referring to the forge in the van Arthog villa, on TC0422.

I don't have glowfire or shatterspike though, maybe that is why?

regs
Yow

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:10 AM

I'll just step in for a sec, because I've been wondering about the same point, where Icar has a dialogue that seemingly ends in Nirvana. Wrack must be referring to the forge in the van Arthog villa, on TC0422.

Or, I am pretty sure Wrack's referring to the forge dialog that the player gets in Piney Bluff after the Gauntlet quest is done... I though the Icars forge would be there... but I haven't played the CA much lately, nor with Icar in party much, I wouldn't know... much...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 18 April 2010 - 04:14 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#10 Yowenir

Yowenir
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:28 AM

Just to clarify - Wrack states, that shatterspike and glowfire to be upgraded in Piney Bluff, true - he but encountered the openended dialogue at villa (Van Arthog villa TC0422 as I interpret him).

Have just found out that Icar can upgrade Glowfire and Shatterspike in Piney Bluff after doing the Gaunlet quests.

[...]

Shatterspike/Glowfire/Piney Bluff - i'm not involved there, i don't have either sword.

Van Arthog villa - i encountered the same problem where Icar states "something amiss" or something like that, don't remeber the exact wording. Wondering what would trigger/ activate this forge. I remember, I even cheated in Rurik there, as he was not part of my group at that time, just to test if he could do anything there (seemingly he can't).

regs
Yow

Edited by Yowenir, 18 April 2010 - 06:44 AM.

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:24 AM

The forge found in the basement of the Villa cannot be used at this point. Icar and Rurik will talk about something being wrong. That is as far as that dialog and forge goes.

Icar can upgrade some items in Piney Bluff. If he is with you at this point, you will not get a chance to fight him later in the slavers. There are several upgrades that will not be possible until you return from the slavers. You pick up the components during those mods.

Rurik can upgrade some items at his place in Saltmarsh.

There is a new forge on the map TC1560. However, currently the map does not show it. There is a future quest to pickup a missing anvil for Icar so he can work here.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#12 Yowenir

Yowenir
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:28 PM

The forge found in the basement of the Villa cannot be used at this point. Icar and Rurik will talk about something being wrong. That is as far as that dialog and forge goes.

Icar can upgrade some items in Piney Bluff. If he is with you at this point, you will not get a chance to fight him later in the slavers. There are several upgrades that will not be possible until you return from the slavers. You pick up the components during those mods.

Rurik can upgrade some items at his place in Saltmarsh.

There is a new forge on the map TC1560. However, currently the map does not show it. There is a future quest to pickup a missing anvil for Icar so he can work here.

Thank you for these clarifications.

regs
Yow