Photo

Black Talon vs Chill

Ardenor Crush Crusade

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Black Talon vs Chill (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is better: Ardenor Crush of the Chill, or Taugosz "Tenhammer" Khosan of the Black Talon?

1. Ardenor (11 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Taugosz (11 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 -JR-

-JR-

Machete-Wielding Historian

• Staff
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

Any member is heartly invited to start any new thread in the Circus. I'll make that a challenge! I will award the title of Honorary Zulu Warrior to anyone who starts a thread that attracts responses from more than 10 members.

I think votes count as responses, but let's still hear your justification; this is an interesting subject.

Also, does anyone think that Taugosz's name, apparently originating from him killing ten men in one swing of his hammer, is an exaggeration, or did he push them over a cliff or something?

Dwayne, link that information page here when you get the chance.

Edited by -JR-, 14 May 2012 - 10:28 PM.
Added Tags

"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." - C.S. Lewis

#2 Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks

Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks

Colonial Marine

• 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

http://forum.candlek...?TOPIC_ID=11047

This has good information on mercenary groups, and this is the quote for easier access:

This group formed less than a decade ago, when Taugosz Khosann earned his Tenhammer nickname by slaying 10 people with a single swing of his huge warhammer, thus wresting leadership of his bandit gang from the former leader. Tenhammer has led the Blacktalons to a more legal occupation.

Someone editted the site and put random punctuation and letters in, but I edited it out.

Edited by Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks, 16 April 2010 - 02:12 PM.

Corporal Hicks, Dwayne C. (Serial Number A27/TQ4.0.48215E9)

"well the god we all praise and worship was not aware of his full potential till one fate full night, He was just out of medical school and brought to c-sec prison for the "murder" of some teachers that did not amuse MR.HEART, so what would anyone else do in that situation but murder the infidels. While he was in c-sec he was the one everyone would think would be a good target for there own "plesure" if you know what I mean!!! So people would try to hurt the young salarian, But he put them in there place and he was praised,scum there think they have been through hell but they haven't even made it to the front gate before they met the doctor and one night while his cell mate was sleeping he started to refresh his medical abilities and that was the night where he was blessed by his brother Ardenor crush to clone or "bless" others with a second or multiple organs and the guards figured this out and they went to take the doctor away, but really the doctor had the plan of making his cell mate look like a "god" and look like the doctor so they took the wrong person and the real,hot,amazing,clever,good doctor escaped and for years no one knew he was alive since the cell mate was put to death, but the real doctor could never die ahahahhahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha"

#3 -JR-

-JR-

• Staff
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

Taugosz is a much, much better fighter, but Ardenor still got my vote. "A curious human be a dead human. Touch me not."
"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." - C.S. Lewis

#4 Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks

Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks

Colonial Marine

• 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

Dude, he's a freaking hobgoblin! How could you not like him?!
And he's the leader of the freakin Chill.

"well the god we all praise and worship was not aware of his full potential till one fate full night, He was just out of medical school and brought to c-sec prison for the "murder" of some teachers that did not amuse MR.HEART, so what would anyone else do in that situation but murder the infidels. While he was in c-sec he was the one everyone would think would be a good target for there own "plesure" if you know what I mean!!! So people would try to hurt the young salarian, But he put them in there place and he was praised,scum there think they have been through hell but they haven't even made it to the front gate before they met the doctor and one night while his cell mate was sleeping he started to refresh his medical abilities and that was the night where he was blessed by his brother Ardenor crush to clone or "bless" others with a second or multiple organs and the guards figured this out and they went to take the doctor away, but really the doctor had the plan of making his cell mate look like a "god" and look like the doctor so they took the wrong person and the real,hot,amazing,clever,good doctor escaped and for years no one knew he was alive since the cell mate was put to death, but the real doctor could never die ahahahhahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha"

#5 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

TAUGOSZ. If you right-click on him he says "Taugosz Tenhammer has no need of 'people skills.' " Also, he took three magic missiles, two crossbow bolts, two arrows, and several melee rounds vs Khalid and Gavin to die. Ardenor took...one Oil of Fiery Burning and one Holy Smite. Pathetic. AND Tenhammer dropped better equipment. Made my wanton destruction of the bandit camp completely worthwhile.
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#6 -JR-

-JR-

• Staff
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

He was tougher because of his better equipment. Plus, again, Ardenor is a friggin' hobgoblin, how could you not like him? Hrooeraherahoo!

Only strike against him was that he wasn't originally a hobgoblin.

#7 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:15 PM

Any member is heartly invited to start any new thread in the Circus. I'll make that a challenge! I will award the title of Honorary Zulu Warrior to anyone who starts a thread that attracts responses from more than 10 members.

I think votes count as responses, but let's still hear your justification; this is an interesting subject.

I consulted one of the local Zulu chieftains. He said votes on their own don't count for much -- you can buy them for a few dollars in Africa. He is not going to give the assegai (stabbing spear) and hide shield to anyone unless there are at least 10 posted replies from different people, not just votes. Don't argue with him, he once slew 10 British redcoats with one swing of his knopkerrie, the Zulu war club.

Our chieftain places great value on rhetoric. One of our prominent politicans, Chief Mangosotho Buthelezi, once spoke continuously for 12 hours at a political rally. He didn't actually say anything, but which politicians do?
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#8 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

Behold the non-Zulu warrior bearing the honorary items that are at stake in this challenge to get 10 people to post repies to your thread!

See, lovely Zulu beads, an assegai, a hide shield and America dental work (not part of the award). The warrior is my composite morphing of Halle Berry and Jada Pinckett Smith. I chose those two ladies because they are not... um... ugly....

Our local Zulu chieftain certainly likes both of them. He told me he gets first dibs and I'd better keep my ancient, grubby paws to myself.

LionWarrior.jpg

Well, *harrumph* back on topic: the chieftain ordered me to vote for Taugosz.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.

#9 -JR-

-JR-

• Staff
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:54 PM

Very well, but as mania overtakes me I am beginning to not care about the prize, so I'm not going to draw out this discussion in an effort to fish for responses from the dozens who will read this and remain silent. Seriously, who would not see fit to add their input into such an important issue?

Taugosz Khosann
Neutral Evil
Strength: 18/43
Dexterity: 12
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 11
Wisdom: 12
Charisma: 10

Ardenor Crush
Lawful Evil
Strength: 18/77
Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 13
Intelligence: 14
Wisdom: 12
Charisma: 9

Look at the intelligence scores. He's stupider than a hobgoblin. But, cunning aside, in a straight up fight:

I did some testing, and as I initially estimated, Taugosz is much more efficient warrior. While armed and armored. When they were both stripped, however, they were essentially evenly matched. Both their armor class ratings rose to 10, despite Ardenor's superior Dexterity, and more often than not (in my series of tests at least) Ardenor's higher strength made up the difference in the few extra hit points Taugosz had.

Taugosz lay humbled and unconscious on the ground for the third time out of five matches, but then unfortunately a bandit came running up and shot him to death with a single arrow. Cue Ardenor, <CHARNAME>, Bandit Spectator, Chill Hobgoblin Spectator, and Tersus (Garclax lay dead and bloody on the ground because he wouldn't stop running his mouth) to charge him down and butcher him.

Edited by -JR-, 05 June 2010 - 09:24 PM.

#10 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

Scipio: That picture is creepy and evil. :wacko:
But neutral evil is cooler than lawful evil.

"I'm betraying you!"
"But...but you're Lawful!"
"...blast it."

Do you mean that you actually ctrl+Q'ed them into your party and sicced them on the bandit camp? :blink:

Edit: There's better NPC vs NPC battles to discuss anyway

Edited by Ipsissimus, 16 April 2010 - 04:05 PM.

And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice

#11 -JR-

-JR-

• Staff
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:14 PM

As numerous politicians have proven, there are plenty of lawful ways to betray someone.

There's better NPC vs NPC battles to discuss anyway

BLASPHEMY

#12 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

BLASPHEMY

Oh really? Or, as Eddie Izzard puts it, "Blasphe-me, blasphe-you, blasphe-everybody!"

#13 Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks

Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks

Colonial Marine

• 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

Ardenor Crush is THE most interesting character in any game ever!!! I am a Lieutenant in the Chill, and I take personal offense at Ipsissimus's thoughtless remarks. Everyone who votes for Taugosz is racist against hobgoblins!

#14 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:34 PM

If a 'goblin (hob) waylays you,
Slice him up before he slays you.
Nothing makes you look a slob
Like running from a hob'lin (gob).

Edited by Ipsissimus, 16 April 2010 - 05:35 PM.

#15 Scipio

Scipio

• 1790 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:38 PM

Scipio: That picture is creepy and evil. :wacko:

More evil than me?
Creepier than me morphed into a hobgoblin?
Scarier than Platneus, our tame wildcat?

Uncle_Scippy.jpg

#16 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

In order:
1) You as hobgoblin.
2) "non-Zulu warrior"

Clearly, however, you are the most evil, as you are the source of this...this horror.

#17 -JR-

-JR-

• Staff
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

If a 'goblin (hob) waylays you,
Slice him up before he slays you.
Nothing makes you look a slob
Like running from a hob'lin (gob).

Ipsy, that's hateful.

#18 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

Hey, I didn't write it! And if you don't know what the Roguelet's ABC is, you should be ashamed of yourself.

#19 Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks

Corporal Dwayne C. Hicks

Colonial Marine

• 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

Hey, I didn't write it! And if you don't know what the Roguelet's ABC is, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Well if anything goes now, then I'm gonna come on here and start quoting from Mein Kampf. I didn't write it!

#20 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

Difference being that the Roguelet's ABC is...y'know, relevant. Also, that is a Straw Man fallacy. You deliberately picked out the weakest part of my argument and used it to theoretically defeat the rest of it. So, no, it's not "anything goes."

*smite illogic*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ardenor Crush, Crusade