FinnJO's Subrace Mod for BG2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Softis

Softis
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:39 AM

Hi everyone!

Im running bg2 with ToB and FinnJO's Subrace Mod for BG2 together with The darkest day. Right now the subrace mod isnt working as it should, obviously because it might not be compatible with The darkest day but I think it might be a small easy to correct error in one of the files so I wanted to try to post here and see if anyone had any ideas. Now to the problem:

The mod itself seems to be working perfectly, the bg1 stats are applied correct and I get the dialogue where I can choose my subrace. The problem is that the subrace doesnt get applied on me but on the closest NPC or monster. (one time the golem guarding the door in the begining became a thiefling) I dont know but it seems like the spell is casted correctly (this mod seems to change race by casting a spell on you) but targets the wrong object.

The mod can be downloaded from SUBRACE MOD if anyone want to try.
This mod is dead so I cant post at the mods forum but I have a positive image of spellhold :)

Edited by Softis, 22 April 2010 - 08:02 AM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:52 AM

The mod can be downloaded from SUBRACE MOD if anyone want to try.
This mod is dead

Well, the address is bit off, the right address is this. So no double http's...

The spells have obvoiusly wrong target in your game, so it's a scriping cheese up... I don't have the cabability to help just now, but your current WeiDU.log might help a bit to sort this out. So open the file with Notepad and copy paste the info to a post, so we can take a look.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Softis

Softis
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:32 AM

Thx. Changed the url.

heres the log:
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BGII-SUBRACE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Subrace mini-mod for BGII v1.0
~SETUP-BGII-SUBRACE.TP2~ #0 #1 // GUI changes for subrace mod
~SETUP-BGII-SUBRACE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Alternate NPC subraces
~SETUP-BGII-SUBRACE.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG1 stat bonuses
// Recently Uninstalled: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.34
// Recently Uninstalled: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.34
// Recently Uninstalled: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.34
// Recently Uninstalled: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.34
// Recently Uninstalled: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.34
// Recently Uninstalled: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Upgradeable Equipment: v4.34
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.34
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.34
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.34
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.34
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.34
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Upgradeable Equipment: v4.34

#4 Softis

Softis
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:48 AM

Another thing I just noted that might be a clue is that as soon the intro is over my character is listed as the correct class race but after the autosave comes my character automatically becomes a thiefling undepended by class or race. Imoen still remains thief/mage until the mod pops up.

EDIT: I thought some more over this and found out what caused me become a thiefling.
The mod is divided into 4 parts
The subrace part, the gui change, subraces for NPC and BG1 stats.
I remembered that Imoen is a thiefling in this mod so I uninstalled the 3rd part. Although this made my chosen race to not become a thiefling it didn't solve the other problem. The spell is still targeting closest NPC instead of me and Imoens change into a thiefling is targeting me instead.

Edited by Softis, 22 April 2010 - 08:01 AM.

#5 Softis

Softis
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:28 AM

Instead of searching where this mod malfunctions I must ask, anyone know any other subrace mob for BG2? I am totally depending on you guys on this one since I dont know much about scripting. :)

#6 -Mortrau-

-Mortrau-

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

Problem in almost all of the .spl files. NearInfinity.jar - programm that I used to solve it. SrVicon.spl - file without mistakes. Just compare it with others and you'll find a problem. I have BGT and this is works there. So...
1) Open baldur.key with NearInfinity.jar. Ignore messages about errors or something like that.
2) Find needed .spl file. For example - SRED.SPL (file with drow subrace).
3) Double-click on the "Melee(1)" in the "Abilites" (field in right-down corner).
4) In new window there are several "Effects". Double-click on each.
5) Now, you should click on the second line "Targettype" and change "TargetPresetTarget" to "TargetSelf" by clicking "Update Value" button. Do this with EACH EFFECT. Do not change .spl files with effects of subrace specific spells and abilities. Change only subraces .spl's.
6) Save changed file.

P.S. My own changed files were deleted after comp-crash. So I don't want to do this work again...

#7 -Grimwald-

-Grimwald-

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:00 AM

The new download page is here: http://www.baldursga...;sa=view;down=4