Photo

Elyce quest -- 2 questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:17 AM

1. The only stat that matters for this is charisma, correct? My charisma 8 character was unable to talk them out of it, while a charisma 12 one had no problems.

2. Is there any way you could set things up so that Elyce doesn't bother you with her problem if you are in the middle of killing hive thugs, for example the ones who stole Poriphon's necklace?

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

1. I believe that's correct.

2. Good idea, I'll see what I can do there for the next version.

#3 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:52 AM

If you talk to Elyce your dialog option is something like: 'I will go talk to them right now.' But you need charisma 12 to talk them out of fighting. (At least if you talk to Tarin. It had not occurred to me until right now that talking to the other one might need a different value in charisma, which is possible.) Thus my poor charisma 7 character had to save up the coppers for 2 charisma tattoos (worth
+3) and go up two levels putting the resulting stat point into char. Which meant that the two hostile characters spent _6 days_ insulting each other, waiting for me to talk to them.

Now this was certainly convenient for me, but I am not sure this is how we would like the quest to run. At the very least, I think that saying that you are going to talk to them 'right now' and then ignoring them should make you more chaotic. But surely they should go after each other with knives after a certain amount of time has passed?

#4 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:44 PM

They should attack each other if you can't resolve the dispute after min or so. Sounds like there is problem with certain dialog path/script trigger, something Qwinn would know more about. Also, I believe that Tarin you need CHR and other guy you can intimidate with STR.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#5 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:02 AM

testing -- 18 str wasn't enough to intimidate Ma'eth.