Photo

minor bug in stackable items

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:28 AM

If a character gives items he is carrying to another party member, they go into a fresh inventory slot and do not stack with the existing ones that other party member already was carrying.

#2 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

Also, when running around the mortuary in Act 1, collecting clot charms from containers, they mostly do not stack when you pick them up. YOu can drop them on each other in your inventory and make them stack, though. I will keep watch and see if this is a general 'do not stack when picked up from a container problem'.

#3 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:11 AM

I don't think of this as a bug, just the way the engine handles stacking. I've seen the nuts and bolts of some inventory systems, and autostacking items, while it may seem simple, can actually lead to some flaky behavior.

At any rate, there's nothing *inconsistent* about how it works, so I don't really see grounds for deeming it a bug.

Qwinn

#4 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:28 AM

There is something inconsistent, though, at least for me bandages are stacking when you pick them up from containers. I'd definitely agree that it is minor, though.