Is Kasumi worth having?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:02 AM

Still on my first run through ME2 and wondered if the DLC was worth the price of admission, so to speak.

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:38 AM

I'd say it's worth it - the pack is pretty cheap, and considering the fact that Kasumi is the final member of Shepard's crew, it's a good enough investment.

Kasumi also unlocks the Port Observation deck aboard the Normandy, and while her dialogue is handled the same way as Zaeed's, you can at least get drunk at the unlocked bar. Check the wiki for the quest info:

Kasumi @ Mass Effect Wiki (Spoilers)

#3 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:23 AM

It's horribly overpriced. ME2 (regular edition) costs ~$60 and you get ten characters, each with a recruitment and a loyalty mission (plus, y'know, the actual game). Kasumi costs more than 10% of the game's price... and offers half the content of the original NPCs (since she has no recruitment mission).

That said, she is a fun character and her abilities are useful.

Basically, I don't recommend buying it because you're allowing Bioware (or EA, whatever) to rip you off and encouraging them to do it again. But at the same time, it lasts longer than a bucket of expensive ice cream or a take-out lunch, so it is kind of worth it in a "you could do worse with those seven bucks" kind of way.

Edited by vilkacis, 03 May 2010 - 08:24 AM.

#4 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:38 AM

Yeah, you can look at it that way too. Plus you can get a full game from Good Old Games for the same price. I'm completionist in games though, so I couldn't pass it up personally, and it is entertaining.

#5 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:46 AM

I've mixed feelings about Kasumi. On one hand, she's a fun and useful character, with good voicing, a decent loyalty mission, and an extra SMG. On the other hand, when you buy the DLC, you're condoning the DLC process (which I don't, but... *sigh*). I also enjoyed the extra formal outfit for my Shepard, call me superficial. She's also the only NPC who comments on your Shepard's romantic involvement. I do have one complaint, though, she's say "it's so sad that you and Jacob aren't a couple anymore", and then she'd comment on how cute we were together... <_<

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#6 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:39 PM

I went ahead and got it. Yes she's not bad, though I do find that with so many characters, you don't really get time to explore them all (the dialogues, yes, but not so much on missions). Anyway, I did like her quest - that was pretty fun. And not having a locked door on the Normandy is a good thing.

#7 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:51 PM

A funny detail:

Spoiler

#8 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

A funny detail:

Spoiler

Haha I did that was quite awesome...But yes she is quite a decent companion and her optional outfit is better then her old one IMO. DLC sucks that you have to pay for it but at least its only a one time fee and most of the time it is worth it...at least when it comes from Bioware heh...

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#9 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:11 AM

her optional outfit

do not taunt little red riding hood.jpg

I'm not against paying for new content, but it needs to be both worth it and sanely priced.

Kasumi is really neither, but you can still have plenty of fun with the mission and character and the Locust is a great weapon.

The latest DLC (two bucks for an existing model and two new helmets) is just an insult.

Especially considering that they're both face-concealing, which is the big problem people have had with the full suits from the moment the game came out.

#10 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:53 PM

Well Kasumi is fun and her abilities are useful however the mission she had was a bit disappointing since I expected to be sneaking around splinter cell style the whole mission not just first 10min. I mean what's the point of having a thief in your crew if there won't be any thieving. They should have made several missions with her like you have to steal some secret plans and stuff for the alliance or cerberus or just crap to sell and get rich :devil:. All in all if you really want it and have money to spare buy it.