New DLC is... Underwhelming

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:18 PM

New vanity items DLC will be released for sale later today (May 4th). It's called the Equalizer. It's also very, very lame. Welcome to the rip-off.

New Mass Effect 2 DLC goes on sale Tuesday May 4, the Equalizer Pack. The Equalizer Pack contains the Archon Visor, the Capacitor Helmet and the Inferno Armor. You can read more about the Equalizer Pack here: Equalizer Pack and see new screenshots of the items in action in the gallery Screenshots.

... I'll pass...

#2 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:33 PM

Mmm. Likewise. I'm not really interested in pixelcrack - new missions, perhaps. (Provided they're not like Firewalker though).

#3 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:31 PM

Definite pass. Somehow when they say "new downloadable *content*" - well, "You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

#4 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:47 PM

Somehow when they say "new downloadable *content*" - well, "You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Well considering the average DLC has a 85.86% probability of being absolute corporate bile garbage most of the time, it might be so that a new language has been created in the gaming industry. Same too could be said about the developers, Bioware included, who go on about how "epic" their game is.

Price of trying to outsell everyone and everything around you, I guess. The only question remains is whether the majority of players will actually sell their souls to feed this spiralling situation of cheap sale tactics.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#5 -Xarn-

-Xarn-

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:14 PM

Hehe, this would be nicer to know about month ago, when I was arguing about how some DLCs are worth the money, but usually it is just ripoff.

#6 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:38 PM

Allow me to sum up my thoughts on this in a handy bullet-point list:

• So much for the "exclusive" pre-order bonus!
  • People who have the pre-order bonus will have to pay for it again in order to get the helmets!
  • This is exactly the kind of things the Cerberus network was created for!
  • Fuck you, Bioware!

#7 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:04 AM

Vilkacis raises the exact same points I would like to raise (well, except for the last one, I was raised not to say the "f" word. So I say "frak" instead. :whistling: ).

There's no way I'm paying 160 BioWare points for *this*. Uh uh, no way, no how, not ever, not in a million years.
What are they thinking? We're not made of money??... *shakes her head and walks off mumbling to herself*

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#8 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:45 AM

To laugh or to cry... to laugh or to cry... xD

#9 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:28 AM

Allow me to sum up my thoughts on this in a handy bullet-point list:

• So much for the "exclusive" pre-order bonus!
  • People who have the pre-order bonus will have to pay for it again in order to get the helmets!
  • This is exactly the kind of things the Cerberus network was created for!
  • Fuck you, Bioware!

This. So this.

I'm not paying for 3 items when I already have 1 of them! I hardly think 2 unnecessary helmets are going to be worth it.

#10 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

Well I still have 240 bioware points from some other purchase and I didnt get the inferno armor...and I suppose this is better then the stupid gift giving thing in Dragon Age...I doubt anything thats 160 points will be better then this...But still I wouldnt pay for it myself if I didnt have left over points...its definatly a rip off

Edited by Vicen, 06 May 2010 - 04:59 PM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#11 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:37 AM

I just checked... I have340 BioWare points (didn't even remember I had any!), but after some more careful consideration, I'm not getting this. Completionist or not, this is pushing it.

Oh, and every time I see the title of this thread, I can't help but think, "well, *that's* an understatement!"... ^_^

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#12 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

I just checked... I have340 BioWare points (didn't even remember I had any!), but after some more careful consideration, I'm not getting this. Completionist or not, this is pushing it.

Oh, and every time I see the title of this thread, I can't help but think, "well, *that's* an understatement!"... ^_^

Using deceptively mild wording in the thread title increases the "WHAT?" factor threefold. ;)

#13 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:16 AM

"DLC" stands for "downloadable crap" I take it? Obviously not downloadable content...

I've shat better mods than the likes of this (ones I haven't even bothered releasing, and even if I had the right to, I certainly wouldn't ask for money for half a handful of items).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#14 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

I can't believe they are asking money for THIS. Who in their right mind would want to waste money for this crap.