Photo

A giant skeleton in the mortuary ignores me

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

I started a new game to check something, with a character with only 8 intelligence.  I proceeded to do things in the Mortuary, and went downstairs, and got the tome of Bone and Ash.  I began work destroying the skeletons.  To destroy the first one I needed to refer to the tome, as expected.
For the second one I could just remember what I had done with the first one, so just start with trying to dispell the enchantment -- also expected.  Destroying the second giant skeleton made TNO go up one level, which I took and placed a skill point in int. Destroying the third went precisely as destroying the second (except that Morte went up a level). But I couldn't initiate a dialog with the fourth giant skeleton.  I saved my game, and on reload I could -- but it was as if this was the first giant skeleton I had seen -- I had to examine it, and its armour, and refer to the tome again.

I have that save, should anybody want it.  When I went back to an earlier save,(the autosave before going downstairs) the problem did not reoccur.