Killing Davaeron and going up via Lift do not trigger Chapter 5

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 -RobeN-

-RobeN-

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

Hi,

I have a problem with BGT 1.08.
Everything seemed fine till Mine and Davaeron.
First thing that was not OK was that I could go to the Mine Map straight through - the access to Druids' Map and Viverns' Nest Map was gained through Mine Map...
I believe that correct order is: Druids' Map -> Viverns' Map -> Mine Map.

But that is not a big deal yet.

When I have killed Davaeron and all other enemies in the Mine, I have taken Letters (3) and Key from Davaeron.
I have used the lift to go up, but Chapter 5 was never triggered.
I've tried many many times, no Speed Boots, no clothes at all... but it just won't go :-(

Bridge to Baldurs Gate does not open and I cannot continue the game...

What's funny CTRL - C does not trigger next Chapter, but plays info about Nalia from BG2.
I have tried in new install of BGT, but it was very same way.

Is there any way to trigger Chapter 5 via Console? Or any other way to push game forward?

#2 Sai

Sai
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

Did you flood the mine?

#3 -RobeN-

-RobeN-

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:31 AM

Did you flood the mine?

Yes.

Davaeron Killed
Letter read
Up with elevator
Miners rescued
Mine flooded

I can observe cutscene with flooded mine, then one of Miners thanks me for everything, I get info that mine was flooded.
When I try to go inside again other of Miners informs me that mine is flooded and that I cannot go down anymore.
In my journal I can see info that I should go to Baldurs Gate to inversigate the case, but...

I'm still in Chapter 4, Bridge to BG is up and Guardian says that City is Closed...

#4 Sai

Sai
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:34 AM

So you receive the cutscene for the mine being flooded, but the chapter conclusion doesn't appear?

#5 -RobeN-

-RobeN-

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:45 PM

So you receive the cutscene for the mine being flooded, but the chapter conclusion doesn't appear?

Yes, I can see cutscene video of flooded mine, but chapter does not change and chapter conclusion does not appear...
I'm still in CH4 and I cannot continue the game... Progress blocker...

That is why I ask if there is any way to trigger CH5 Start/CH4 Conclusion via Console.

#6 Sai

Sai
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

Yes, I can see cutscene video of flooded mine, but chapter does not change and chapter conclusion does not appear...
I'm still in CH4 and I cannot continue the game... Progress blocker...

That is why I ask if there is any way to trigger CH5 Start/CH4 Conclusion via Console.

Any chance you have a quicksave available from just before Daevorn?

And I don't think this chapter has an item that will make you advance, but I'm pretty sure it has a variable, I'll see if I can find it - but your best bet is to reload a quicksave right before the kill.

#7 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

GetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL")
See what value that returns, then add 1 to it and enter e.g.:
SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#8 -RobeN-

-RobeN-

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

Unfortunately this command just sets 5th Chapter (journal), but it does not unlock bridge to BG.
There has to be other GLOBAL variable that is connected to bridge itself.

#9 -RobeN-

-RobeN-

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:33 AM

Any chance you have a quicksave available from just before Daevorn?

And I don't think this chapter has an item that will make you advance, but I'm pretty sure it has a variable, I'll see if I can find it - but your best bet is to reload a quicksave right before the kill.

I have normal save just before fight with Davearon, but I have killed him over 30 times :-)
Earlier saves do not change anything...

Seems like BGT bug :(

#10 -RobeN-

-RobeN-

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:37 AM

Wait!!!
This time it worked!!!
I've used these 2 commends and it worked when I was right after the fight with Davearon!

I'll check if everything else is OK and I'll inform You about results!

Thanks!

#11 RobeN

RobeN
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

Problem solved!

Thank you Miloch for solution.
Best regards,
RobeN
Posted Image

#12 RobeN

RobeN
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:43 AM

Problem is solved - thread may be closed.

Thank You all for Help!
Posted Image

#13 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:59 AM

A slight offtopic about Wyrm's Crossing drawbridge: when it lowers down, there's a cool sound of chains rattle at this moment. However, because of the bridge being opened as soon as you enter the map, there's no way player could hear this sound during normal gameplay because he's too far away. The only way to actually hear it is to stand close to the bridge and manually change appropriate variable. ;)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#14 -JOE-

-JOE-

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

Wait!!!
This time it worked!!!
I've used these 2 commends and it worked when I was right after the fight with Davearon!

Thanks!

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:16 PM

Wait!!!
This time it worked!!!

Thanks!

PLEASE could you explain in details what to do to me? Same thing is happening to me, I can't access the farm map that is supposed to appear after killing Daevorn... Thanks a lot!

#16 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:14 AM

PLEASE could you explain in details what to do to me? Same thing is happening to me, I can't access the farm map that is supposed to appear after killing Daevorn... Thanks a lot!

Are the two messages above both from you?
I think you mean the Ankheg farm, from which you reach the BG bridge. It is not supposed to appear after killing Davaeron; it should always appear (even in chapter 1), if you travel North from FAI (and probably east from Bandits Camp as well).

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#17 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:28 PM

Dumb Dead() trigger... ?

AR8603.BAF
IF
	Dead("Davaeorn")
	Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		RevealAreaOnMap("AR7900")
		SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",4)
		IncrementChapter("Chptxt-5")
		SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",6)

Best fix is to
CLUAConsole::SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADDAVAEORN", "GLOBAL", 1)

Edited by Ascension64, 31 December 2010 - 05:29 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)