pendant quest crashing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

Files stored http://www2.openend....h1-rake_chaser/

It's not completely reproducible, but I have managed to make it happen twice (and not happen 4 times). From the save:
  • talk to rake_chaser
  • be interrupted by the dandy
  • end up fighting the dandy, kill him
  • talk to the rake again
  • have a zombie be created, fight it
  • repeat for at least 2 more zombies
  • quickload that save
  • BOOM

Note: I think that the dancy should be carrying something nicer than a rusty knife. The description says sabre, which wouldn't fit PST, but surely we could equip him with a stiletto?

I think that the dead duelist is too articulate for a zombie, and needs a new dialog for his zombie state.

Thanks very much for restoring this quest. Do you need any more information than what I provided?

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:54 PM

The zombie isn't supposed to ever be created. He's a standin for when a dialogue is supposed to happen with a creature that doesn't actually exist (it's better than crashing the game). I'm aware it's possible to get a dialogue zombie in that quest, and will try to have it sorted for the next release.

Qwinn

#3 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:17 AM

The zombie isn't supposed to ever be created. He's a standin for when a dialogue is supposed to happen with a creature that doesn't actually exist (it's better than crashing the game). I'm aware it's possible to get a dialogue zombie in that quest, and will try to have it sorted for the next release.

Qwinn

Aha, I misunderstood then. Thank you.

#4 DuchessOfKvetch

DuchessOfKvetch
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

Sorry for thread necro, but I have had issues with this quest chain as well. In short, it seems that either interacting with or killing actors involved can create weird problems. Obviously so with death - as that would be far harder to code checks for in dialogue - but even talking to, say, Adyzoel too early can spawn a fight if you don't already know better (aka with meta knowledge of the quest). Without spoilage, is there a way to at least make these characters 'unresponsive' to TNO before the appropriate prerequisites have been triggered?