Of IWD/IWD2 Portraits & Artists

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:38 PM

I know IWD1's portraits were done by Jason Manley, but the IWD2 portraits are somewhat of a mystery to me. Wikipedia offered this information:

[quote name='http://en.wikipedia....e_II']Jason Manley, the portrait artist for the previous Icewind Dale games, left Black Isle Studios in late 2001; several new works he painted before his departure were later used in Icewind Dale II. Black Isle Studios artist Justin Sweet was asked to substitute; Justin Sweet's artwork has also been featured by Wizards of the Coast.[/quote]
I assume this means that IWD2's portraits are a mixed batch from the two artists, but does anyone know better? How many portraits did each of them come up with, which ones belong to whom etc?

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:42 PM

P.S. I'm not in a hurry about getting an answer, so if anybody comes up with anything later, don't hesitate to post.

#3 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:42 AM

Justine Sweet did the portraits for IWD2. They also used Manley's from IWD as well. Sweet's portraits have a unique look compared to Manley's.
Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#4 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:52 PM

Thanks for the link, that should help quite a bit! :)

#5 -JR-

-JR-

Machete-Wielding Historian

• Modder
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

Such incredible art. Manley was amazing, but Sweet... wow.

"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." - C.S. Lewis