Photo

BWP installation Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 superbai

superbai
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:34 AM

So... being a complete newbie at this, I decided to install the BWP Tactics version.

Followed the instructions, everything went well until near the end of the installation using BiG world Install.bat, the part in which you had to restart your computer before you can continue the installation.

Well, during the restarting process my computer ran into some problems and got shut down, I'm wondering if there's a way for me to complete the installation without doing everything all over again. Should I manually install the last few parts of the megamod?

Attached is my weidu log. Many thanks.

Attached Files

#2 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:04 AM

Yeah, you could, or you can use the attached file.
Just remember that you cannot install a complete mod with this file, it's just for this case.

Edited by dabus, 15 May 2010 - 01:05 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#3 Capricornus

Capricornus
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:57 AM

Greetings,
I had the same problem with my Tactics install at the Infinity Animations.
After reboot i used dabus's attached file but the Infinity mod doesn't installed because of some missing files like Belhifet and IWD Marilith etc.
The requried folder (infinityanimations) and file (Setup- infinityanimations.exe) is still exist in my SoA directory so i don't know what's the matter but
I smell 16 hours of installing again... :wacko:
Thanks for your time
"The Self is a Sun inside every atom"

#4 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:35 AM

Wait a second, it seems you just need to extract the files from the archives again -- if you have closed the batch fast enough:

Open a cmd-window, go to the BG2-folder and extract these files from your download-archives.
rmdir /S /Q infinityanimations

"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" x "YourDownloadFolder\infinityanimations-b5.rar" -aoa

"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" e "YourDownloadFolder\IA_Base_Anims.rar" -aoa -o"infinityanimations\content"
"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" e "YourDownloadFolder\IA_BGII_IWDII.rar" -aoa -o"infinityanimations\content"
"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" e "YourDownloadFolder\IA_IWD_Svirfneblin.rar" -aoa -o"infinityanimations\content"
"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" e "YourDownloadFolder\Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip" -aoa -o"infinityanimations\content"
"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" e "YourDownloadFolder\Shadows_harpy_frostgiant.zip" -aoa -o"infinityanimations\content"
"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" e "YourDownloadFolder\IA_NWN_01_Modron.rar" -aoa -o"infinityanimations\content"
"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" e "YourDownloadFolder\IA_IWD.rar" -aoa -o"infinityanimations\content"
"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" e "YourDownloadFolder\IA_BG2_Restores.rar" -aoa -o"infinityanimations\restore"
"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" e "YourDownloadFolder\IA_Fiends_Genies.rar" -aoa -o"infinityanimations\content"
"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" e "YourDownloadFolder\IA_PST_Abishai.rar" -aoa -o"infinityanimations\content"
"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" e "YourDownloadFolder\IA_Wh_Dr_Wyv_LoP.rar" -aoa -o"infinityanimations\content"
"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" e "YourDownloadFolder\NWN_Misc_I.rar" -aoa -o"infinityanimations\content"
"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" e "YourDownloadFolder\Moinesse_edits_IAised.rar" -aoa -o"infinityanimations\content"
"YourBiGWorldSetupFolder\Tools\7z.exe" e "YourDownloadFolder\IA_PST_paletted.rar" -aoa -o"infinityanimations\content"

You just have to replace the YourBiGWorldSetupFolder and YourDownloadFolder with your actual locations

Edited by dabus, 15 May 2010 - 03:41 AM.

#5 superbai

superbai
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

Yeah, you could, or you can use the attached file.
Just remember that you cannot install a complete mod with this file, it's just for this case.

Hmmm... I'm having another problem. The file you give me runs fine, and I again arrive at the reboot option.

The problem is, when I type in Y and my computer reboots, I can't get into windows again. A blue screen flashes right after the window7 logo appears, and my computer automatically restarts and does the same thing all over again. There seems to be some kind of configuration error caused by the installation. The only way for me to get back into windows is by using the restart with last best configuration option.

Anyone has a similar problem? What should I do?

Attached Images

• Untitled.png

#6 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:09 PM

I wonder what caused that. Anyway, try what the helpfile suggested (the manual step).

Installing with non-ANSI compatible language systems
Baldur's Gate II uses the preset non-Unicode codepage to load resource files. Some of the resources in Infinity Animations use characters like £/µ/Þ/... which map to different numerical values. Therefore, if the installer detects a codepage other than the Windows-1252 "ANSI" codepage used with most Western languages, it will batch-rename the content files in question to map to the appropriate symbols for your system's codepage (e.g. by replacing µ in the animation prefixes by オ in Shift JIS systems).

If you have a different codepage and wish to change it manually yourself (and only if), you can set the default system locale for non-Unicode applications to English. This can be done as follows on Windows systems:
-> Control Panel
-> Regional and Language Settings in Classic View (or Clock, Language and Region then Regional and Language Options in fancy view)
-> Click on the Advanced or Administrative tab
-> Then where it talks about non-Unicode programs, change the language to English

Then remove the folder and extract the files as I listed above.
Then run the batch again.