Photo

Conflicts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lady of payne

Lady of payne
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 01:59 AM

You didn't got in this mod chance to stop conflicts between Anomen and Keldorn. And Aerie. Please do it.
My projects:
Aerie Portrait Pack

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:33 AM

It's been a long time since these banters were written, so I had to go back to the workroom to find out why these were never included. It turns out that the reason was that everyone felt these fights were unpreventable.

The intention of the IEP was always to enhance the game experience, not to change it, so all those involved in that phase of the project, K'aeloree, Solar's Harper, ChooChoo, vilkacis, a few others, and myself, discussed how we thought we could do it without changing the intent of conflict.

Who knows? If somebody can present a logical, compelling reason why Keldorn or Aeire would not attack Anomen if he fails his test, and a possible tactic the PC might use to prevent it, maybe the issue could be revisited. In any case, K'aeloree is the lead for the project, so it would be his decision whether to rethink this one or not.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:30 PM

As berelinde said, we felt that those particular conflicts were unavoidable. It would be very difficult to persuade those characters to stay together, and require far more work than one conflict dialogue, so we gave them a miss.

#4 Lady of payne

Lady of payne
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:32 AM

we felt that those particular conflicts were unavoidable. It would be very difficult to persuade those characters to stay together

Yes, You are right. I read this dialogues again.
My projects:
Aerie Portrait Pack