Photo

No area icons on the big map

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kalistan

Kalistan
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:12 AM

I have installed baldur's gate w/sword of the coast, baldur's gate 2 with throne of bhaal, and the patch to throne of bhaal, then I installed bg2fixpack, Big Picture 1.79, check the bodies, shadows over soubar, worldmap, the darkest day, and the baldur's gate trilogy 1.09. All of them in that order.

Before i installed the game i did a clean uninstall and also erased it's directories of baldurs gate and baldur's gate 2.

Now the problem is is when i leave candlekeep from a new game, the only thing listed on the big map is watcher's keep, and it is listed twice in different places. Each time i click on either watcher's keep the game crashes. But anyways I would like to play through baldur's gate 1 using the trilogy pack with the extra kits from TDD. There are no area icons when i leave candlekeep other than the two watcher's keep. even the area i am presently in candlekeep or the immediate vicinity where gorion dies is not on the big map. If anyone knows of a solution i would dearly like to know. Thanks for the help!

Here is my weidu log file

/ The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack: v9.01
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 179 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #14 // Level-50 Ruleset (Code By King Diamond)
~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies: 1.12
~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores: 2.2
~SETUP-CTB_FF.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check the Bodies Fast Forward, v1.1 (for CtB v1.8 or later)
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar: 1.13
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!): 1.13
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate v7.1 - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons -> New Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...: v7.1
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Worldmap for Throne of Bhall -> Use new Worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well: v7.1
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.13: v1.13
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits: v1.13
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.09 (8 May 10)

PS Another thing, it won't let me install the world map after the darkest day, i first have to install the world map otherwise TDD says it's missing a component.

Edited by Kalistan, 27 May 2010 - 02:19 AM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:33 AM

The Worldmap mod(SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP) needs to be installed after the BGT and TDD. :doh:

If you wish to have better knowledge on the install order, I would suggest that you would read the BWP .pdf's, and try the BWS...

PS Another thing, it won't let me install the world map after the darkest day, i first have to install the world map otherwise TDD says it's missing a component.

REQUIRE_FILE ~BP-BGT_Worldmap/Revised/TBL/new_map_mods_links_TDD.tbl~ ~Please EXTRACT ONLY the BP-BGT Worldmap mod into BGII - SoA folder for TDD to commence; more in TDD/README~

You understood that wrong... what it actually requires is the file needs to be extracted into the game folder, but it needs to be installed after the TDD, so the changes made by this mods installation are taken into the final files...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 27 May 2010 - 04:58 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Kalistan

Kalistan
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

The Worldmap mod(SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP) needs to be installed after the BGT and TDD. :doh:

If you wish to have better knowledge on the install order, I would suggest that you would read the BWP .pdf's, and try the BWS...

REQUIRE_FILE ~BP-BGT_Worldmap/Revised/TBL/new_map_mods_links_TDD.tbl~ ~Please EXTRACT ONLY the BP-BGT Worldmap mod into BGII - SoA folder for TDD to commence; more in TDD/README~

You understood that wrong... what it actually requires is the file needs to be extracted into the game folder, but it needs to be installed after the TDD, so the changes made by this mods installation are taken into the final files...

Thank you very much. It worked. I had to start over though with totally new characters. On my character export files, the dragon slayer changed to a Lord, and my merchant to a delver...all of them changed, and my save games were corrupted. Oh well. Anyways thanks for the info. I'm going to be playing the whole trilogy through, so that should keep me busy.