Photo

Download problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Borimur

Borimur
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

Is anyone else having this problem besides me?I click on the download link to get the flie (CA v.052),the file starts to download but at about 10% to 15% complete it stops.I get a message saying that IE can't complete the download because the connection with server was reset.I've tried numerous times to try and download this file always the same results.

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

Try downloading it with a different browser; it sounds like you've got a download manager installed, and unfortunately the software doesn't support that.

#3 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

IE standard downloader drops out constantly on larger downloads, as is expected perhaps. Some other browsers have better luck, and the program Orbit I can voucher does work fairly well. You may see some size variations from time to time, although it is typically only small difference to the stated size.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

IE standard downloader drops out constantly on larger downloads, as is expected perhaps. Some other browsers have better luck, and the program Orbit I can voucher does work fairly well. You may see some size variations from time to time, although it is typically only small difference to the stated size.

Download managers aren't a good idea, as chances are they'll be cut off from the server much like Borimur was. If you do use anything of the sort, I suggest you limit the connections quite a bit, as this is what causes the server to think you're a spammer. :)

#5 Borimur

Borimur
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:33 AM

Is anyone else having this problem besides me?I click on the download link to get the flie (CA v.052),the file starts to download but at about 10% to 15% complete it stops.I get a message saying that IE can't complete the download because the connection with server was reset.I've tried numerous times to try and download this file always the same results.

I'm still unable to download this mod.I uninstalled my download manager as K'aeloree suggested but it didn't help.At about 10 min. into the DL it stops and i get the message from Internet Explorer saying the connection with the server was reset, same as before.Is there anyway to get around this?Any help would be greatly appreciated.I really wanted to check out this mod.

#6 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:50 AM

Try using a different browser. I've used both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, and the download took a long time, but it worked.
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#7 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:26 AM

Try downloading it with a different browser; it sounds like you've got a download manager installed, and unfortunately the software doesn't support that.

I use Mozilla SeaMonkey (which is similar to Firefox) with the FlashGot plugin and Free Download Manager (which also works with IE); although the download manager always receives the wrong file name "index.php" (the right one appears as a comment), the link is fine and it always works; I only have to rename the file.

Maybe it could be a problem with your connection?

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

Mozilla SeaMonkey (which is similar to Firefox) with the FlashGot plugin and Free Download Manager

Exact same setup (except I use Firefox :P)

About the file name thing, checking the "Generate filename automatically" option in FDM seems to work around that ;)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#9 Borimur

Borimur
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:26 AM

Thanks everyone for the help.I installed Mozilla Seamonkey/DownThemAll add on and was able to get the file without any problems.

Borimur