Photo

Runthrough - Test of Tactic-version

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:33 PM

I've started a new game some days ago (currently being in Nashkel, ready to kill some kommandos and their wicked leader... :P )

I'll post all my bugs here (and also in the mod's forum, if there's still one), comments on some mmods or components, and also what I would suggest to include in / exclude from the BWP.

Weidu.log

Spoiler

English Tactic-version (except TS25MiniMod for testing reasons ;) ) with a good deal of mods let out and Some small changes in the install.bat.

BUGS:

Finch NPC

First dialog (There's something slimy in my bedroll) doesn't go on. If one clicks on continue, the dialog (monologue?) stops...

Identify all Items (Bg2 Tweaks)

I also cannot use, for example, Finch's glasses to identify items. Same is true for merchants, who cannot help me... I installed Identify all items-Tweak, but not everything (mod stuff, potions from BGT Spawn System Hobgoblins) is identified.

COMMENTS:

BGT Spawn System:
Well, I went to the Gnoll Fortress with a party of six, all level one. I had (as spawns) to kill less then ten Gnolls (normal, elite etc.), some dogs and I think two ogres. Hardly a fortress. More like a kindergarden...
Although I like BGT Spawn System very much, I would appreciate it very much, if nowhere less monsters would spawn than in the vanilla game. BGT Spawn System is great for "high-level" parties, but makes the game (in some areas) easier for low level parties, what is probably not the intention.

IA: I simply love it. :wub: (like SCSII, Gerri's Bildermod and BG1NPC-project...)

BPW-COMPONENTS:

Reputation did not go down after I left Candlekeep. I thought there's a mod that this happens, but it isn't installed, so no bug/problem, but maybe something one might include into the standard installation...

I also like to give NPCs in BG1 other kits. Would be nice if all such components would be available in the BWS-beta (Jarl's Tweaks etc.). Kivan as an archer... well, he killed 35% of all enemies, nuff said... :Bow: [Actually, this smily is called "bow"... :D ]

And do you know what I hated most in BG1? No, not Sarevok, since he was actually one of the guys in the Geman version who didn't sound like an... well, stupid. No, I hated that I could not go directly into the Cloakwood Forest. Isn't there a component in SCS or BG1NPC mod that allows one to go to the first map? I don't need to go to the rest (BGTTweaks ca do that, I think), but to enter the wood at least is a bit more realistic (especially since one gets in Beregost quests to go there, meaning almost at the beginning of the game...).

Bg2Tweaks: Identify all items: better not include it in the BWS-beta at the moment...

Edited by Fennek, 29 May 2010 - 12:34 PM.

#2 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:32 AM

As for Finch - it's standard bug for Megamod game. I have it 1,5 years ago. Some broken dialogs and not-worked glasses.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#3 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:14 AM

Update (no bugs, just things I noticed)

I think these bags etc. of plenty are MUCH too expensive. I can buy one bag that gives me unlimited bullets for slings for about 800 (!) gold in Nashkel. Well... We talk about unmodified bullets, where 20 cost 1 gold and which can also be found very often... Doesn't make much sense, especially since one often wants to use +1 bullets etc.
Not sure where they come from...

I also thought that it would be nice if Gorion would carry a bottomless bag around with him. This item also doesn't help one in the game, it's simply there to make carrying stuff a bit easier, especially if one wants to picks up EVERYTHING. :P
I guess I can buy one at Thalantyr's shop and really hope that it doesn't cost more than 100 gold (waht will certainly not be the case). As I said, I think these bags are there only to make the game's inventory less annoying.

Finally: It's still possible to fool Oublek in Nashkel by returning only one emerald from Prism, keeping the other by dropping it on the floor... :whistling:

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:52 AM

I guess I can buy one at Thalantyr's shop and really hope that it doesn't cost more than 100 gold (waht will certainly not be the case). As I said, I think these bags are there only to make the game's inventory less annoying.

:whistling:
You could as well make a wish:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("bag04")

And have your both wishes come true. Yeah...

Edit: 2 -> 4 :doh:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 06 June 2010 - 06:39 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:42 AM

Good idea! :cheers:
(But it was bag04; maybe a mod changed it since I have a colour in the bottomless bag-description)

#6 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:32 AM

Something else: I did not take Xan with me, so I did not notice it until now: His kit was not changed to sorceror. (Moonblade, on the other hand, worked well...)

#7 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:57 AM

These XP-modifications... Whenever I see that enemies give 5XP, I think that it was actually better to get 7XP (yes, I talk about kobolds). The mage on position 6 never gets XP... I really notice that I'm in BG1 again (got maybe 300 XP, probably less, for a gnoll assassination squad..), where I wasn't for years...