4 replies to this topic

#1 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

Hello,

Something slipped past me during a recent reinstall of BGII - SoA/ToB. Now, when I launch the game, I see this as one of the early screens, and this as the character inventory screen. I don't recall which mod and/or files are to blame, so I'd like someone to identify what package changed them, and how I may restore to originals.

Thank you and best wishes,
Eric

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:38 PM

Yes, this problem is only your OS'es, not for PC's, as the gui mods don't all get thrown into the same game at once.

I don't recall which mod and/or files are to blame, so I'd like someone to identify what package changed them, and how I may restore to originals.

Well, look at your WeiDU.log ... and it can be one of these:

2] „Neverending Journey“
3] „The Darkest Day“
4] „Shadows Over Soubar“
5] „Check The Bodies“
7] „Region of Terror“
10] „Big Picture“

The Setup-GUI.exe can install those and a few other that I have discarded as they won't look like that. Or part of it could be from the BG2: GUI SKIN MOD V1.5... Don't really know, as the whole screen is based on many gui's.

Now, to make the screens into a 'single entity', you'll have to install a gui mod that will over write all the other's modifications, but as there is probably not many that do that(without relying on the old files), your best bet's would probably be the BG2: gui ...v1.5, or the w_gui mod, as they modify/overwrite a lot of the files.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 31 May 2010 - 01:50 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:47 PM

I don't recall which mod and/or files are to blame, so I'd like someone to identify what package changed them, and how I may restore to originals.

Well, look at your WeiDU.log ... and it can be one of these:

2] ?Neverending Journey?
3] ?The Darkest Day?
4] ?Shadows Over Soubar?
5] ?Check The Bodies?
7] ?Region of Terror?
10] ?Big Picture?

The Setup-GUI.exe can install those and a few other that I have discarded as they won't look like that. Or part of it could be from the BG2: GUI SKIN MOD V1.5... Don't really know, as the whole screen is based on many gui's.

The weidu.log shows only BG2 Fixpack installed, but I know that I've installed TDD, SoS, and RoT in the past, as well as GUI Skin Mod. I've since gotten rid of TDD and SoS. So, I suppose I could try using GUI Skin Mod to see if it will uninstall/restore the files in question.

Thanks,
Eric

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

but I know that I've installed TDD, SoS, and RoT in the past, as well as GUI Skin Mod.

Question: Why do you have the 'GUI Skin Mod' installed as it's never even mentioned in the BWP guides? :P
Is it because you have an unclean install in the first place, that had that, cause in that case the only way to fix the issue is to make a full reinstall, so the game doesn't have that(and remember to clean up the game folder before you reinstall anything).

No, it's not there as it would be between these;

26. CLOSER INSTALLATION ...........................................................................................................................Seite 193
26.0 Level 1 NPCs v1.2 ....................................................................................................Tweak ...N
26.1. Baldur’s Gate Trilogy - Music ..................................................................................................N
26.2. BGT Graphical User Interface.................................................................................................E
26.3 W_GUI beta 0.2.......................................................................................................................E
26.4. Widescreen Mod v2.2..............................................................................................................N

And it's not there...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 31 May 2010 - 02:14 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:11 PM

but I know that I've installed TDD, SoS, and RoT in the past, as well as GUI Skin Mod.

Question: Why do you have the 'GUI Skin Mod' installed as it's never even mentioned in the BWP guides? :P
No, it's not there as it would be between these;

26. CLOSER INSTALLATION ...........................................................................................................................Seite 193
26.0 Level 1 NPCs v1.2 ....................................................................................................Tweak ...N
26.1. Baldur’s Gate Trilogy - Music ..................................................................................................N
26.2. BGT Graphical User Interface.................................................................................................E
26.3 W_GUI beta 0.2.......................................................................................................................E
26.4. Widescreen Mod v2.2..............................................................................................................N

And it's not there...

Hmmm...well, I'd prefer just to know which file/files got replaced, because the only option I see at this point is to reinstall from discs, but the last times I tried that, the game won't even launch. That's on 100% clean install. As I suspected, Setup-GUI.tp2 got me nowhere, as those megamods aren't installed. If there's no way to determine which files need to be replaced, I don't know if I'll ever be able to play this game again.

Thanks,
Eric

[Edit]
I noticed that Setup-GUI includes an option to install the normal SoA/ToB interface, so I just ran that, and will now test the game again.
[/Edit]

Edited by Eric P., 31 May 2010 - 02:58 PM.