• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

Download link,
So I uploaded that and in totally unprofessional way totally botched a few things right from the start, but anyways...

Components:
Battle Priest of Tempus (from TDD), Cleric kit.
Charming Rogue (from NEJ), Thief kit.
Cleric of Tempus (from NEJ), Cleric kit.
Firewalker(from NEJ), Fighter kit.
Moon Knight(from NEJ), Paladin kit.
Pit Fighter(from TDD), Fighter kit.
Priest of Sylvanus(from NEJ), Druid kit.
Bladesinger(from TDD), Fighter kit.
Delver(from TDD), Thief kit.
Vagrant... Ranger kit.
Anti-Paladin(from TDD), Paladin kit.
Dark Paladin(from RoT), Paladin kit.
Cleric of Ilmater(from NEJ), Cleric kit.
Amazon(from TDD), Fighter Kit.
Dark Knight(from TDD), Fighter Kit.
Saurial(from TDD), Paladin Kit.
Vampire Hunter(from TDD).
Blademaster(from TDD), Fighter Kit.
Mage Hunter(from TDD), Fighter Kit.
Ravager(from TDD), exclusively Gnome Fighter Kit.
Rhythm Warrior(from TDD), Fighter Kit.
Tactician(from TDD), Fighter Kit.
Sellsword(from TDD), Fighter Kit.
Apprentice(from an old non-WeiDU kit mod), Human and Half Elf Fighter Kit.
Dragonclaw... Human and Half Elf Fighter Kit. A requested kit from the G3 forum.
Drow Ranger(closely matching the TDD kit), Elf Ranger Kit.
Ninja(from TDD), Thief Kit.
Samurai(from TDD), Human Ranger Kit.
Divine Wizard kit, Human Cleric Kit. I conjured up this kit myself.
Dragon Dancer kit(from an old non-WeiDU kit mod), Elf Fighter Kit.

And the kits might be buggy, as I have not changed much of their original content, as a word of caution. And as the original mods had their spells named as they were, there might be quite many compatibility bugs to slash through, but I'll try my best to manage them when someone points them, but please be exact on your reports on what's happening, what race the character is, on what level it's on and other things that might be related to the fact. These were done from requests, and so if someone wishes me to remove one or more of them, I will do so... and more request are always welcome. The only rule I have about the requests is that I'll do them only if the kit is not already installable by a separate component, and the reason for that is that we update the kit to a 'modern way' to install kits.

Change log:
1.0-1.01c
Stupid stupid failures...
1.01c-1.01d
BattlePriestofTempus item's -> to be usable by cavalier, and kit back to be cavalier...
Alphabetized the kits install order
Added: Cleric of Tempus
1.01d-1.01e
Cleric of Tempus had missing spells in the CLABCLTM.2da(as they were in the original character), and so the description was changes to reflect the proper changes, so the spells are gained on several levels and not at the level 1.
1.01e-1.01f, 3 new kits, added to the end of the install, so there shouldn't be need to uninstall the previously installed kits from the 1.01e or d...
1.01f-1.01G, 3 new kits, added to the end of the install, so there shouldn't be need to uninstall the previously installed kits from the 1.01f or e or d... :P
1.01G-1.01H, 4 new kits, added to the end of the install, so there shouldn't be need to uninstall the previously installed kits from the 1.01G, f, e or d... I also found a .bam that was intended for the Bladesinger, so now the "Disarm" spell should have an interface icon. I am sure there's a lot of other spells that do not have theirs, but I haven't bothered to go search.
1.01H-1.01I, 5 more kits added to the end of the install, so there shouldn't be need to uninstall the previously installed kits from the 1.01... if you don't wish to update them.
1.01J, the Sellsword Kit added, and a lot of bug fixes, ranging from fixing the Priest of Sylvanus to not overwrite the light crossbows :ph34r: ... to adding more .bams to the spells, and description refinements.
1.01K, added five more kits, they match closely to what the originals were, but there were a few changes, such as the drow kits do not match the TDD kit identifiers and are not effected by the changes in the TDD and as they are threated as different kits, the effects of the changes can be read from the kits description.
1.01J, added two more kits, the Divine Wizard kit and the Dragon Dancer kit, a few kit description refinements and many spells changed to use my own prefix for further compatibility, WeiDU.exe updated to v226.

So that it's understood, if you already installed this mod, and don't wish to uninstall(& clean the game directory from the file mods files)_extract_and_install the newest version completely, you might not get the newest most updated changes to each of the kits, so you might still be missing the few .bams, and other minor fixes, but you can still use the old kits and the new. Or you could manually go and ... näh, you really shouldn't bother.
And remember to use the ToB Extender if you have more than 10 kits per class and race... or you can of course install these kit selectively.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 December 2010 - 11:23 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#2 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:11 AM

Here is a trick to try all these fabulous kits in a Fantastic Experience :ph34r: :

-In a Solo/Multiplayer Game :

That's actually probably a single player game just started in the multiplayer mode so it can then be saved which then can be copied to the single player mode and then played as a single player game, as you just have to just copy the save from the 'mpsave' -folder to the 'save' -folder and you can then play it as you would play already started single player game... yes, you probably heard that from me before. :P

(in the J.M. :devil: Chronicles)

-Do You Will an Insane Challenge try This : BG2/TOB with the hardest modules of Tactics / Improved Battles / SCS 2 / Ascension / Redemption on the hardest difficulty setting ...

Enjoy 8) .
Quo Vadis ?

#3 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:57 PM

Looks cool but why the 2 Tempus cleric kits? More variety like Bladesinger or Delver would be nice as they are dual classed at level 8 so you have a fighter/mage or thief/mage respectively.

Any plan to add a couple of evil kits like the Anti-Paladin from TDD or Dark Paladin from Region of Terror? Let me know if you have problems with the TDD kits. :)

:cheers:

Edited by Hoppy, 11 June 2010 - 12:58 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#4 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:44 AM

Hello Hoppy :D ,

plan to add a couple of evil kits like the Anti-Paladin Dark Paladin from TDD gold from Region of Terror

-The ambition is to make the MegaModKit as complete as possible,

Tempus cleric why the two kits?

-Because these two kits have significantly different abilities, the Nej kit had my preference, due to a predefined backround that I intend for one of my avatars,

More like Variety Bladesinger ...

-Absolutely, I even called Bladesinger "the Star" of megamod Kit .

Let me know if You Have Problems With The TDD kits. :)

-I do not know if Jarno, that has adapted nicely all these kits, intends to continue its update, maybe you could participate especially because you coordinate TDD :) .

Currently I am trying to develop an Acid-Kensaî Kit from the mod-tactic of Weimer, inspired by the encounter "Kuroisan", any help or any advice is welcome :D ...

P.S.:
As you're a fan of historical sentences allows me to share with you a few :

"Kill Them All, the Lord Will Recognise His Own." (Arnaud Amalric and Albigensian Crusade).
"Let them hate me Provided They Fear me!" (Caius Augustus Germanicus, aka Caligula).
"The fear of HaShem is the beginning of wisdom." (Moses Maimonides' Guide of the Perplexed and the Kabbalah).
"God is a circle whose center is everywhere and circumference nowhere." (Nicolas de Cues in De la docte Ignorance).

Cheers :cheers: .

Edited by salomonkane, 12 June 2010 - 08:18 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:57 AM

Update came... salomonkane, you'll be surprised, hopefully positively.

More variety, like Bladesinger ...

-Absolutely, I even called Bladesinger "the Star" of megamod Kit .

Yeah, and I call the Bladesinger to be the most OP kit there is in this bunch...

plan to add a couple of evil kits like the Anti-Paladin Dark Paladin from TDD gold from Region of Terror

-The ambition is to make the MegaModKit as complete as possible,

But the requests are always replied with more implementation haste... even if it doesn't seem to be so in the forum, as there's a bit more conversations going between me and the others than just 5 messages.

What comes to the paladins, I'll try to get to them, but for now the 3 new kits should give you a good kick.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 12 June 2010 - 05:57 AM.

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:53 AM

I vote for this to become a TDDsinTDD-cum-RoTsinRoT-cum-whatever-other-all-or-none-kitpack-you-can-think-of mod :coolthumb: Come on who's with me?? *crickets*

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#7 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:24 AM

Change log : 1.01e-1.01f, 3 new kits, added to the end of the install , so there shouldn't be need to uninstall the previously installed kits from the 1.01e ...

This is the work of goldsmith :clap: :D !

Edited by salomonkane, 12 June 2010 - 07:32 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#8 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

i would like to see the vampire hunter from tdd be added. If you can remove the dual class restriction, that would be even better (dual classed vampire hunter/cleric ftw). Will definitely be keeping my eyes on this one.
i have a witty signature thought up, i just haven't posted it yet.

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

New release G... look the first post.
Aucth, I forgot half of the Anti-Paladins description, I'll see if I can get the rest into the v1.01I release.

i would like to see the vampire hunter from tdd be added. If you can remove the dual class restriction, that would be even better...

The dual-class restriction should be easy to remove... we'll see when I get to make more.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 15 June 2010 - 03:24 AM.

#10 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:56 AM

i also forgot to ask for one of the amazon kits (TDD preferred) ... jaheira makes a wonderful amazon/druid milticlass

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:17 AM

i also forgot to ask for one of the amazon kits (TDD preferred) ...

The Imp crushes the publics belief and releases the H-version of the kit mod, with only one request: Tests these please.

Component additions include:
Amazon(from TDD), Fighter Kit.
Dark Knight(from TDD), Fighter Kit.
Saurial(from TDD), Paladin Kit.
Vampire Hunter(from TDD).

Addition to change log:
1.01G-1.01H, 4 new kits, added to the end of the install, so there shouldn't be need to uninstall the previously installed kits from the 1.01G, f, e or d... I also found a .bam that was intended for the Bladesinger, so now the "Disarm" spell should have an interface icon. I am sure there's a lot of other spells that do not have theirs, but I haven't bothered to go search.

Any more requests?

#12 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:52 AM

leveled up to 25 and the amazon kit seemed to work fine. the bam was missing and the weapon didn't create for the vampire hunter spell. the invisibility worked just fine though.

#13 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:08 PM

:wall: Of course... well that's fixed.(v1.01I)

New update, just 5 more kits... and hopefully a few repairs to the previous components, you'll of course have to reinstall the kits if you wish to use the repairs.

Erhm, there's a bit of a problem with the Priest of Sylvanus kit, as it overwrites all the vanilla Crossbows, to fix that, I need to remove the feature, and the usability, in the next version(vXXX, =sex). :P

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 22 June 2010 - 02:14 PM.

#14 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:18 PM

Big Up :new_thumbs: for Amazon & Vampire Hunter :D !

Thank's for :
(TDD)
Tactician,
Ravager,
Rhythm Warrior,
Blade Master,
:coolthumb:

For the next release I'd like :
(TDD)
Drow Priest
Drow Assassin,
Vindicator,
Sellsword,
Samurai,
Ninja,

THX a LOT :lol: .

Edited by salomonkane, 15 June 2010 - 03:25 PM.

Quo Vadis ?

#15 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:17 AM

New update.

For the next release I'd like :
(TDD)
Drow Priest
Drow Assassin,
Vindicator,
Sellsword,
Samurai,
Ninja,

That's going to take some time... but thanks for noting most of the bugs for me, fixed... I thingno, actually I don't... all of them, except the Moon Knight.

#16 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:14 AM

Imp!
Nightcloak of Shar (from DR?), yes please :cheers:

EDIT: And/or Priest of Shar (TDD), whichever you find the bestest.

EDIT2: Any easy readme:s to be found of what the kits do? :)

Edited by Dakk, 21 July 2010 - 03:16 AM.

#17 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:48 AM

EDIT2: Any easy readme:s to be found of what the kits do? :)

just use lol's kit guide, that your best resource right there ...

#18 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:13 AM

Frickin' awesome. lol might be bat-crazy but he's got his shit together.

Thanks for the link.

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:00 AM

Nightcloak of Shar from DR, yes please :cheers:
And/or Priest of Shar from TDD, whichever you find the bestest.

Well, should you know, the Divine Remixes kit balance is partly build so that the spell system is part of it, and I am not going to force players to use that, as I myself despise the whole though of it, and the mod itself already has a 'modern' kit install system ... but I could enhance the TDD's kit with a part of the DR's kit, but that might be complicated... I might take suggestions too.

The next update might still take sometime, as I am in a process to redefining the ToB start items for most of the kit, so the kits should be able to use most of the items they gain... so you don't wake up in a dark forest naked, with a bag of useless garbage and a potion of nonsense. <_<

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 21 July 2010 - 10:21 AM.

#20 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

Yey, update.
5 additional kits: Apprentice, Dragonclaw, Drow Ranger, Ninja, Samurai.
Hopefully the last repair for the Moon Knight kit, ToB items redistributed for the first 6 kits, thanks salomonkane. + other minor fixes.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 29 July 2010 - 02:49 PM.