Talavan's Castle

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 -Eyeburner-

-Eyeburner-

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:12 AM

I tried Region of Terror before. Talavan's Castle quest was there.
I'm playing it again but I'm about to go to Brynnlaw and Talavan's Castle is not in my worldmap or diary yet, so: who am I supposed to talk to, in order to get the quest? I don't remember how I got it the previous time. Can anyone tell me?
Tnx in advance!

PS: I'm playing BGT and therefore have an important part of my worldmap filled with BG1 sites, I fear Talavan's Castle would be somewhere occupied by one of those sites in the map... but it's not the case, right?

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

The castle will open when you talk to someone in the Government district. Actually they come to you but you have to have a high enough rep and it is an XP check.

The castle will be placed amongst the peppering of BG1 places but will not be hard to find.

Quote from Gilgamesh:

2. Castle Quest (Chapter 2 recommended)
- Go to the Goverment Quarter when you have about 1 million XP and reputation greater than 13. ThereŽs a new character near the main building. HeŽll tell you what to do.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 -Eyeburner-

-Eyeburner-

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:46 AM

The castle will open when you talk to someone in the Government district. Actually they come to you but you have to have a high enough rep and it is an XP check.

The castle will be placed amongst the peppering of BG1 places but will not be hard to find.

Quote from Gilgamesh:

2. Castle Quest (Chapter 2 recommended)
- Go to the Goverment Quarter when you have about 1 million XP and reputation greater than 13. ThereŽs a new character near the main building. HeŽll tell you what to do.

#4 Eyeburner

Eyeburner
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:54 AM

Tnx a lot!
So I could start that quest. But I have another problem with it. I tried plying in Olmar's side and I got an infinite loop after defending his castle from Talavan's army: Olmar appears and tells me to go and conquer Talavan's castle, but right after the loading, when my group appears with Olmar at Talavan's castle map, I get something like a constant re-loading...
Any tip to solve this?
Tnx again!

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:47 PM

Actually I have never played the Olmar side and I have never heard of the problem. If you can upload the save game I might be able to reproduce the bug and find some sort of awesome super sexy solution. Or just a fix :lol:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#6 -Limalama-

-Limalama-

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:37 AM

I am having the same problem with the loop
Not sure how to upload my saved game onto the forum :)

#7 -Eyeburner-

-Eyeburner-

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:51 AM

Actually I have never played the Olmar side and I have never heard of the problem. If you can upload the save game I might be able to reproduce the bug and find some sort of awesome super sexy solution. Or just a fix :lol:

#8 -Eyeburner-

-Eyeburner-

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:54 AM

I don't know how to upload my saved game either. Could you tell me, pls? Tnx!

#9 -Hoppy-

-Hoppy-

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

1) become a member as guests can't upload

2) take the folder with the save game in question and compress it ( zip it, rar it, peazip it, 7zip it, etc) and upload into a post.

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:57 PM

Here is a hotfix to avoid the issue for future reference. Fixed locally for next release.

http://www.shsforums...post__p__501067

- King Diamond