Photo

Multiclassed Multikit Builder Mod [experimental]

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#21 FlameWing

FlameWing
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:20 AM

We can build a Multikit only for the main character : Charac ?

... or we could assign several Multikit in the same party that is either :
- in a single player game (with Multikit for NPCs as jaheira, Minsc ...) ?
- or a multiplayer game (with different Multikit for every online gamer) ?
- or in the case of a single player game with characters imported from a multiplayer game (to play with different characters created with the Multikitbuilder) ?

I will answer by quoting myself:

It is also per-character: any multiclassed character can have a multikit, just select the script for the character and press 'k'.

So the answers are: 'no', 'yes', 'yes' and 'yes'.

#22 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

... and I can use kits from other mods like this : MegaModKits ... ,

Awesome !

Thank you :D

:lol:

Edited by salomonkane, 15 June 2010 - 11:52 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#23 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:57 AM

A few more details please :) :
When I create a new Multikit, installation uninstall the previous kit ,
During the installation I record references for the kit ,
When I open the Custom-Interface I have only one script / multikit ;

1) Precisely : So how to use several multikits in the same game ?
2) Precisely : How to save previously created multikits ?

Subsidiary question : Can I use the builder for multiclass human/race ?

Edited by salomonkane, 17 June 2010 - 01:09 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#24 FlameWing

FlameWing
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:25 AM

I figured out a way to make the applied spell effects remain attached to the kit, so that they are removed when turning off the kit. It will require some reworking of the way things are done, and probably won't be up before the weekend. The applied abilities can be removed with a minor 'hack' of resetting the specifics flag, then switching to each of the base kits before finally moving back to true class. So the next version will probably allow full removal of the kit, as well as making it non-cumulative.

I am also studying a way to make for easier install of multiple multikits, as it currently requires tp2 editing.

#25 FlameWing

FlameWing
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

I just released a new version. As promised, the kit can be fully removed now. However, I find that the new method causes some in-game slowdowns when BG2 has to recalculate the effects. And when removing the multikit too. But many bug fixes, and a two-part create-install setup that allows you to create and install as many multikits as the game can handle.

New file is in the first post.

[edit] Oh, I almost forgot: you MUST uninstall the older version before using this one.

Edited by FlameWing, 18 June 2010 - 04:13 PM.

#26 FlameWing

FlameWing
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:42 AM

Another new version to fix a backup collision.

Edit: Remember to copy over your multikits from multikit2.tp2 to the new file, or you will lose them. It is best to uninstall them before this update, too, and reinstall them after.

Edited by FlameWing, 19 June 2010 - 08:43 AM.

#27 FlameWing

FlameWing
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:04 AM

Updated first post with a new version. The mod now features an HLA table merger and rudimentary editor, so you can have your own custom HLA table for the multikit. The editor is limited to enabling/disabling HLA entries from the component kits to make the final table fit within hard-coded constraints in BG2.

Also, I implemented a rudimentary parser in WeiDU, meaning you can delete multikits without being forced to edit the tp2. Forbidden mage spells will now be deleted when you add the multikit, and the new algorithm for determining maximum # of stars has actually been included in this version.

I recommend that you uninstall all multikits before upgrading. I also recommend that you save your "m7multikit/multikits.tp2" file to keep your multikits.

#28 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:46 PM

This is incredible :) really truly amazing. I need to look at your code sometime.

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#29 lroumen

lroumen
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:39 AM

Curiously when pressed on K / L, to enable / disable Multikit it receives more spells

Ah, yes; that is a known issue (and it is in the readme). The end effects are not being tied to the kit spells, which means they don't get removed if you remove the kit. Result: add the kit multiple times and you get the spells multiple times... this goes for any cumulative bonuses too, as you can attest by looking at your Kensai/Necromancer/Assassin's THAC0 after you play with K/L a few times. I still haven't come up with a good solution, and one may not even be possible :-(

Hello Flamewing.

I really like the work you've put into the mod. I've had similar problems to fix in my own mod (class changing between bard and thief at will) and the problem is in how the CLAB file is enforced onto a character when you change its class. I had to fix it by clearing the CLAB completely and applying the bonuses on a level-based script.
I was wondering whether you managed to fix this problem because I would be very interested to know how it could be done.

I think that if you can scan the CLAB files of the kit, you can remove the GA_xxxx abilities via a removespell (the counterspells would be made at installation I guess), but I don't think that the AP_xxxx abilities can be countered unless you want to create counterspells for these as well.

However, would it be possible to create a backup cre before pressing K to replace the ingame cre when you press L?
Inconveniences such as item destruction and level problems could be overcome using a dropallitems type of workaround and a level tracker. It should be possible on NPCs (though not certain about Death Variable checks in scripts), but I wonder if it also works for the protagonist (does it end the game if you recreate the protagonist in-game?).

Just adding some thoughts for a fix to the problem.

Alternatively, disable the L feature... but that is probably not what you want.

Edited by lroumen, 12 July 2010 - 02:41 AM.

#30 FlameWing

FlameWing
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:37 AM

I was wondering whether you managed to fix this problem because I would be very interested to know how it could be done.

I did, with some costs. By taking the AP_ spells and blowing up their effects into eff files conditionally applied to the kit, they stay attached to the multikit spell. That way, they are properly removed when the multikit is removed. The gained abilities do not work so cleanly, but by cycling through the component kits, they are removed. It seems that all abilities that are granted by a kit are removed when the kit is removed, even if you didn't gain them from the kit. Hm. This means I could actually remove them all with a counterspell, as you suggest later.

#31 lroumen

lroumen
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:13 PM

That sounds brilliant. If you don't mind I will have a snoop around in your code to see how you accomplished it though I'm certain I will not understand most of the specifics :).
This is really very interesting. Great job!

#32 FlameWing

FlameWing
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:11 AM

The code is heavily commented; I did this so that it would be easier to understand it should anyone want to take a peek.

Edited by FlameWing, 17 July 2010 - 06:26 PM.

#33 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

Hello FlameWing :) , I can not install the 0.21,

Debug :

Spoiler

WeiduLog :

Spoiler

Thank you for your help :D ...
Quo Vadis ?

#34 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:53 PM

[./override/IMMCLOUD.ITM] loaded, 450 bytes
ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 28 of 0-byte file IPLOT01K.ITM
ERROR: [IPLOT01K.ITM] -> [override/IPLOT01K.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("IPLOT01K.ITM: read out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Core Multikit Files], rolling back to previous state

You don't have a Fixpack, and as the WeiDU cannot patch already broken item that's there by default, the install fails.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#35 FlameWing

FlameWing
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:25 AM

I updated the mod to correctly handle 0-byte files. But Jarno Mikkola is correct, you should install the fixpack in any case (as it fixes many bugs).

#36 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

I've this now : :mellow:

Debug :

Spoiler

WeiduLog:

Spoiler

(...) :)
Quo Vadis ?

#37 FlameWing

FlameWing
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

Hrm. That file (miscbw.itm) has been corrupted. Can you post the results of running `weidu --change-log miscbw.itm` at the command line?

#38 salomonkane

salomonkane
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:41 AM

Can you post the results of running `weidu --change-log miscbw.itm` at the command line?

-Done :)

Spoiler

(...) :)

Edited by salomonkane, 23 July 2010 - 03:46 AM.

Quo Vadis ?

#39 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:47 AM

Can you post the results of running `weidu --change-log miscbw.itm` at the command line?

-Done :)

That's not it, the answer #6 in here tells you how to make a --change-log with the new WeiDU.exe's ... essentially copy and rename one of the setup-*modname*.exe's as WeiDU.exe, then make a new .txt file into the game directory... and then open the file with Notepad, 'save *it* as' "change-log.bat" and put this in it:
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log miscbw.itm >change-log.txt
After you re-save it, you need to just run it like any other .exe file, it will then print file called change-log.txt into the game directory... open that and copy paste the content to a post...

PS.. there's more than one file that fails...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 July 2010 - 04:11 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#40 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

I get errors when installing this mod. Something and resources?