Photo

Multiclassed Multikit Builder Mod [experimental]

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#421 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 09:04 AM

Well, the archive was probably wrongly extracted... aka, can you find this file: <game install folder>/m7multikit/lib/multikit.tpp ?

I checked and there was very nearly nothing in the ./m7multikit directory after the EET install.  Thus my followup, where I manually extracted all the files, including the one mentioned above, and I then placed them in the proper directory.  After running that, I got the 2nd error reported... the one with the missing SPWI975.spl file once again.   :-(    

#422 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 09:24 AM

Thus my followup,

Which was edited after I posted...

Anyweays, you can just extract via Near Infinity say the spwi925.spl -file to any directory, rename it as spwi975.spl and paste that into the games override folder, and hope nothing explodes as a result. And after the install, you can delete the file.

EDIT: after a little hullabaloo, I have made a list of the potential mods that the file reference could come from ... how I got it, like said, a hullabaloo..

DRUIDGROVEMAKEOVER/SETUP-DRUIDGROVEMAKEOVER.TP2  0  0 Installed
TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2  0  0 Installed
TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2  0  1 Installed
TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2  0  2 Installed
TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2  0  3 Installed
TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2  0  4 Installed
TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2  0  5 Installed
EETGBTHFKP/EETGBTHFKP.TP2  0  0 Installed ... and potentially components 1 and 2
EILISTRAEE/SETUP-EILISTRAEE.TP2  0  0 Installed
FR_ROV/SETUP-FR_ROV.TP2  0  0 Installed

ALTERNATIVES/SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.TP2  0  0 Installed

The TDDZ looks especially bad, cause it could very positively refer to the non existant spell, from my point of view.

EDIT: And it does.

You want details about the hullabaloo, it involves a google search.

Edited by The Imp, 22 June 2020 - 12:41 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#423 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:29 AM

Thus my followup,

Which was edited after I posted...

Anyweays, you can just extract via Near Infinity say the spwi925.spl -file to any directory, rename it as spwi975.spl and paste that into the games override folder, and hope nothing explodes as a result. And after the install, you can delete the file.

EDIT: after a little hullabaloo, I have made a list of the potential mods that the file reference could come from ... how I got it, like said, a hullabaloo..

DRUIDGROVEMAKEOVER/SETUP-DRUIDGROVEMAKEOVER.TP2  0  0 Installed
TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2  0  0 Installed
TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2  0  1 Installed
TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2  0  2 Installed
TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2  0  3 Installed
TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2  0  4 Installed
TDDZ/SETUP-TDDZ.TP2  0  5 Installed
EETGBTHFKP/EETGBTHFKP.TP2  0  0 Installed ... and potentially components 1 and 2
EILISTRAEE/SETUP-EILISTRAEE.TP2  0  0 Installed
FR_ROV/SETUP-FR_ROV.TP2  0  0 Installed

ALTERNATIVES/SETUP-ALTERNATIVES.TP2  0  0 Installed

The TDDZ looks especially bad, cause it could very positively refer to the non existant spell, from my point of view.

You want details about the hullabaloo, it involves a google search.

I tried copying an existing SPWI already in overrides - SPWI853.spl and copied then renamed the copy to SPWI925.spl.  This was during installation after the failure (yes, started another full clean installation).  Unfortunately, after adding the SPWI924.spl file, I ® the failure, and the installation still failed at that same point saying it could not find the resource.  

Going back now to try to do the install while skipping the above recommended items.  Thanks so much for the help!!

<Edit> 

Well Shazbat!  my whole effort was to have a Cavalier/Sorc playthrough with the Sandrah Saga.  And, I just found that the Sandrah Saga requires TDDz to be installed.  BLECH!  

Any recommended workarounds?  I am certainly open to suggestions.  Thanks!

Edited by CaptEHCJ, 17 June 2020 - 10:56 AM.

#424 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:33 AM

The spwi925.spl is an existing spell, the mage HLA called Comet. So you don't need to make that, you need to copy it and rename that as the ...75.spl ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#425 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:48 AM

The spwi925.spl is an existing spell, the mage HLA called Comet. So you don't need to make that, you need to copy it and rename that as the ...75.spl ...

Trying one last time right now - full clean install.  During the install I copied the spwi100.spl (as it was the first one I saw in overrides) and then renamed it spwi975.spl.  Lets see if that works!  Will edit this post when I find out.  

<edit>

Well it finally worked.  Apparently I needed to have the spwi975.spl in place BEFORE the install ran.  

On the other hand I now understand that this allows you to add kits to an existing base class - thus no Cavalier/Sorceror.  Ahwell.   Barbarian/mage, here I come! 

thanks for your help!!

Edited by CaptEHCJ, 17 June 2020 - 12:31 PM.

#426 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 01:16 PM

Ok.. after all that I have the Multiclassed Multikit running.  YAY.  

An implementation question.  Note - running EET.  So i created 4 "kits" and installed 2 of them (with the requisite screen scroll in the command prompt afterward).  All said successful.  Now when I create a new Toon and open "Record" and choose "customize" and finally "Script" I then look through the list and see none of the "kits" that I created listed as AI scripts.  Am I simply looking in the wrong place?  Sadly the Readme is not particularly clear on this point.... 

Edited by CaptEHCJ, 17 June 2020 - 07:17 PM.

#427 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:43 PM

Am I simply looking in the wrong place?  Sadly the Readme is not particularly clear on this point.... 

Yes, ... the readme says:

As a rule, you do *not* need to start a new game to take advantage of anything
you installed(from this mod, I The Imp edited this in). You just need to select the generated AI script for the character
you want, turn on party AI, apply the kit with 'K' and revert to whatever other
script you fancy, and even disabling party AI if you want. To disable the kit,
select the generated AI script for the character you want, turn on party AI and
disable the kit with 'N'. You can revert to any other script you like, or turn the
party AI off altogether.

Also you can't have a mod that assigns other features on to the specific keyboard keys... K / N. The scripts name might be the one you assign to kit, in the kits creation... but I used this so long ago last that I have no actual idea anymore.

Edited by The Imp, 17 June 2020 - 07:48 PM.

#428 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:44 AM

AFAIR, you can just choose your particular kit when creating your character and that's it.

I  guess you don't need to use the script anymore.

#429 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:26 AM

Imp - the real question is:   Now when I create a new Toon and open "Record" and choose "customize" and finally "Script" I then look through the list and see none of the "kits" that I created listed as AI scripts.  Am I looking in the wrong place or is the AI script simply not showing up?  

Fouinto - I would love to start a new toon with the kit.  I have tried 2 new toons this monring and when I choose Fighter/Mage, that's it - I do not get any other options.  How or exactly where do you make the kit selection during character creation?  

What I am starting to suspect is that the EET install I have implemented has a number (about 15-20) different AI scripts already in place and those are somehow blocking the AI script that I/we want to have show up for the MultiMod kit...

Thanks kindly one and all for all your help! 

Edited by CaptEHCJ, 18 June 2020 - 07:28 AM.

#430 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:44 AM

You can go over the character scripts, they are in the <gameinstall folder>/scripts/ -folder and they all end up with .bs file name. If you want to get rid of some... temporarily, just move them elsewhere, and see what happens in game after you restart the game.

Edited by The Imp, 18 June 2020 - 07:45 AM.

#431 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:13 AM

You can go over the character scripts, they are in the <gameinstall folder>/scripts/ -folder and they all end up with .bs file name. If you want to get rid of some... temporarily, just move them elsewhere, and see what happens in game after you restart the game.

Good idea.  I removed all scripts (*.BS) and put them in a backup folder elsewhere.  I then restarted the game and no go.  Still not listing anything in the AI.  

BUT, I started a new character and after choosing Fighter/Mage, Lo and Behold (!!) BarbarianMage was an option.  

EXCELLENT...  I'm off to the races!

<edit> well, not so fast.  

So, I made a kit named BarbarianMage which is, as you might guess a fighter/mage kit comprised of a Barbarian and a Standard Mage. 

I made a new character - several times - and each time, the Barbarian looks like it came thorugh - slightly faster walk, 1 more HP,etc.  But the mage - I get 2 spells and am told during character creation that I can memorize 2 spells, which I do.  But, once I start my adventure, I look at my mage book and although it shows 2 spells memorized, I show ZERO spell slots.  I can cast no spells.  I used EEKeper, look at the toons Memorization tab, and it shows Wizard level 1 - (Max can memorize) 2.  If I give the toon 5Kxp, I get wizard level 2.  Still no change.  In EEKeeper, i experimented more.  after working up to 5M experience, it seems that the number of spells useable at any given level is 1/2 rounded down of the number of spells I should have - so if the mage should have 6 spells, i get 3 spell slots.  If one, I get zero spell spots.   And in EEKeeper, the number of memorized spells stays at two level 1 spells forever.  

Edited by CaptEHCJ, 18 June 2020 - 11:06 AM.

#432 CaptEHCJ

CaptEHCJ
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 11:24 AM

I dig in further - delete the kit using Setup-M7multikit.exe.  Make a new Barbarian_Mage kit several times, and each time I get a failure somewhere - I am attaching my debug file.   I will note that I made a Mage_Thief kit of a regular mage and Swashbuckler and that combo worked fine!  It seems that somehow the Barbarian and Mage combo is just not happy... 

Attached Files

#433 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 04:15 AM

How to enable your HLA tables generated by m7multikit if you decided to generate one isntead of using the base classes:

1) Install the multikit as you would.

2) Open m7multikit/multikits.tp2 witha  text editor.

3) Find your multikit's block:(example is via mixing Might'n'Guile's Elven Archer and basegame Priest of Tempus)

BEGIN ~'Priest of Tempus / Elven Archer' multikit~ DESIGNATED 0 REQUIRE_PREDICATE MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~m7multikit.tp2~ 10 @1300033
<<<<<<<< .././m7multikit/multikit-inlined/lum7ZGTAR-inlined.2da
2DA                V1.0
                   ABILITY            ICON               STRREF             MIN_LEV            MAX_LEVEL          NUM_ALLOWED        PREREQUISITE       EXCLUDED_BY        ALIGNMENT_RESTRICT
1 GA_SPPR721 * * 16 99 1 * * *
2 GA_SPPR722 * * 16 99 1 * * *
3 GA_SPPR723 * * 16 99 1 * * *
4 GA_SPPR725 * * 16 99 1 * * *
5 GA_SPPR726 * * 16 99 1 * GA_SPPR727 ALL_EVIL
6 GA_SPPR727 * * 16 99 1 * GA_SPPR726 ALL_GOOD
7 GA_SPPR728 * * 16 99 1 * * *
8 GA_SPPR729 * * 16 99 1 * * *
9 GA_SPPR730 * * 16 99 1 * * *
10 GA_GBSCRBPR * * 1 99 99 * * *
11 GA_GBALCHPR * * 1 99 99 * * *
12 GA_SPCL900 * * 1 99 20 * * *
13 GA_SPCL901 * * 1 99 20 GA_SPCL900 * *
14 GA_SPCL902 * * 1 99 20 * * *
15 GA_SPCL903 * * 1 99 20 GA_SPCL902 * *
16 GA_SPCL904 * * 1 99 20 * * *
17 GA_SPCL906 * * 1 99 20 * * *
18 GA_SPCL905 * * 1 99 20 GA_SPCL906 * *
19 GA_SPCL909 * * 1 99 1 GA_SPCL905 * *
20 GA_SPCL907 * * 1 99 20 * * *
21 GA_SPCL908 * * 1 99 20 * * *
>>>>>>>>
	LAUNCH_ACTION_FUNCTION "m7#install_multikit"
		INT_VAR
			"numkits" = 2
			"explode_spells" = 1
		STR_VAR
			"modprefix" = "m7"
			"modpath" = "./m7multikit/multikit"
			"kitid" = "ZGTAR"
			"kitclass" = "CLERIC_RANGER"
			"title" = ""
			"hlafile" = ".././m7multikit/multikit-inlined/lum7ZGTAR-inlined.2da"
			"kit0" = "OHTEMPUS"
			"kit1" = "D5EARCH"
			"kit2" = "" END

4) Create a new text file called luXXXXXX.2da in your override folder (where the XXXXXX is a maximum of 6 characters chosen for your kit to stay within the 8.3 file limit) and copy everything starting from the 2DA line until the >>>>> so the result will look like this:

2DA                V1.0
                   ABILITY            ICON               STRREF             MIN_LEV            MAX_LEVEL          NUM_ALLOWED        PREREQUISITE       EXCLUDED_BY        ALIGNMENT_RESTRICT
1 GA_SPPR721 * * 16 99 1 * * *
2 GA_SPPR722 * * 16 99 1 * * *
3 GA_SPPR723 * * 16 99 1 * * *
4 GA_SPPR725 * * 16 99 1 * * *
5 GA_SPPR726 * * 16 99 1 * GA_SPPR727 ALL_EVIL
6 GA_SPPR727 * * 16 99 1 * GA_SPPR726 ALL_GOOD
7 GA_SPPR728 * * 16 99 1 * * *
8 GA_SPPR729 * * 16 99 1 * * *
9 GA_SPPR730 * * 16 99 1 * * *
10 GA_GBSCRBPR * * 1 99 99 * * *
11 GA_GBALCHPR * * 1 99 99 * * *
12 GA_SPCL900 * * 1 99 20 * * *
13 GA_SPCL901 * * 1 99 20 GA_SPCL900 * *
14 GA_SPCL902 * * 1 99 20 * * *
15 GA_SPCL903 * * 1 99 20 GA_SPCL902 * *
16 GA_SPCL904 * * 1 99 20 * * *
17 GA_SPCL906 * * 1 99 20 * * *
18 GA_SPCL905 * * 1 99 20 GA_SPCL906 * *
19 GA_SPCL909 * * 1 99 1 GA_SPCL905 * *
20 GA_SPCL907 * * 1 99 20 * * *
21 GA_SPCL908 * * 1 99 20 * * *

5) After you've saved the file, open the luabbr.2da in your override folder with a text editor, you will see lines like this at the end of it:

ZGTAR               .././m7multikit/multikit-inlined/lum7ZGTAR-inlined.2da

6) Change the absolute file path in this line into your XXXXXX only (so if you chose, say, luzgtar.2da, in your previous steps, then you end up with this (the game will know how to resolve this):

ZGTAR               zgtar

Save the file, and you're done.

Edited by Graion Dilach, 29 August 2021 - 04:18 AM.

#434 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 24 January 2024 - 08:03 PM

How to enable your HLA tables generated by m7multikit if you decided to generate one isntead of using the base classes:

[...]

Thanks for the bug report. Fixed it and another HLA table bug that was happening w/base multi-class tables not being properly assigned.

v0.29 has been released, download link is here, fixes these couple of bugs, merges in a three year old PR and makes the mod not modify its files but rather copies of them in weidu_external/m7multikit.