Photo

Problem with Thrice-Armored Boots

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tadmeyer

tadmeyer
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:57 AM

I spent 25000 gp on boots that apparently do nothing? When I equip the Thrice-Armored Boots there is no bonus to armor class or to missile protection. Anyone else have this problem?

#2 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

I spent 25000 gp on boots that apparently do nothing? When I equip the Thrice-Armored Boots there is no bonus to armor class or to missile protection. Anyone else have this problem?

The AC bonus reflects on the "AC vs Type" section (scroll down on your character sheet), not in the "shield" AC display.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

Yes, I left them that way rather than making them subject to the AC cap due to "popular demand" (see here). So they give a -2 separately to slashing, piercing and blunt and a -5 to missile defence.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 tadmeyer

tadmeyer
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for the response. I guess I didn't look hard enough to see the difference. Sorry for asking about something that was already discussed before, but with the board's search function not working, it was hard to find out.

#5 zelazko

zelazko
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:32 PM

I already have yellow and blue boots of everyday. I need to find another last pair (Everyday Red Boots?). I dunno where to find them. Posted Image

EDIT:
I'm curious where to find them. I searched shops and individuals who sell almost all over the sword coast expect Baldur's Gate. I'm stuck in chapter five so it looks like I have to wait untill they open the gates.

Edited by zelazko, 21 January 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

The other pair are Everyday Green Boots. There should be several pair scattered about in various shops (not Aurora's). You might have to scroll down their inventories. If you get stuck, you can search stores for the item code (agboot21) with an editor like DLTCEP or Near Infinity.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle