15 replies to this topic

#1 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:23 PM

[Re-opened thread]

1. Are you looking for original art, photoshopped art or a portrait edit?

Original or Photoshopped art (see below), as close to what's considered BG2 style as possible, so the result doesn't look so much like a photomanipulation, but more like a BioWare portrait.

2. Male or female? What race, age and character class, possibly alignment?

Female Sylvan elf, adult (meaning she appears about 20 by human standards). Ranger, NG.

3. Describe the character's features (face, eyes, hair, clothing, etc)

Customary facial structure of an elf (well defined and elegant features, somewhat more angular than humans), with large, almond-shaped eyes, wild and wavy hair, thin lips, the chin forming a rounded point without a cleft. Her pointed, upward-sweeping ears should be clearly visible. Erysseril is physically strong and solidly built for an elf, with broad shoulders, a slightly heavy chest
and heavy yet long torso, tapering to narrow hips. Leather armor. Pendant of a unicorn's head facing left.

4. What color preferences do you have (skin, eyes, hair, armor, clothing, etc)?

Skin: coppery, with green accents around ears and chin.

Eyes: the color of the ocean.

Hair: strawberry blonde.

Armor: elven leather, finely made to resemble leaves on the forest floor, in dark shades of green and earth tones to better blend with natural woodland surroundings.

Clothing: Short woodland green cape with a summery yellow border worn with armor. No headgear.

5. Would you like a weapon, a spell effect or an item to be shown in the portrait? If so, what kind?

Her unicorn pendant, which is simply a white unicorn's head facing left, in a thin silver setting, hung from either a silver chain or a leather cord, whichever is easier.

6. What kind of a background would you like?

Ideally an outdoor wilderness setting or just sky, with or without clouds, consistent with BioWare NPC portrait backgrounds.

7. What kind of an expression would you like the character to have? Dangerous, happy, serene, mysterious, playful, sad, etc etc?

Serene and somewhat happy.

8. Do you have a portrait you would like to be used as a model/reference picture (for pose, expression, looks, colors, etc...)? Post it here if you have!

Reference image to use as a rough guide.

9. Should the artist post the portrait here, or PM or email it to you?

Whatever is convenient.

10. Any deadlines?

Sooner is better, but no hard deadlines.

11. What game and what mod is this for?

BGII - SoA/ToB, for Erysseril Gwaethorien NPC, a joinable female Elf ranger.

12. Anything else you'd like to mention?

I'll gladly compensate anyone who creates the portrait set in a meaningful and helpful way, if possible. Credit will go to any artist who contributes material, and I'll include any links the artist wishes, in the readme file smile.gif

I'm hoping to ultimately supply three different portrait sets for Erysseril.

Edited by Eric P., 14 April 2013 - 10:02 AM.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#2 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

Anyone willing and able to try a hand at this? Please? Anyone? :)

- E

Edited by Eric P., 15 July 2010 - 05:46 PM.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#3 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:27 PM

I'd be willing to give it a try. Just as soon as I find some spare time!

#4 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:37 PM

I'd be willing to give it a try. Just as soon as I find some spare time!

That would be most excellent :)

Thanks,
Eric

#5 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

Your order, sir: One female Sylvan elf.

Attached Files

#6 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:03 AM

Your order, sir: One female Sylvan elf.

Well, now...these are b-e-a-utiful!!! :D
If one change is possible, could the eyes be a bit slanted, the way many images show Elves' eyes to be? If not, I'll gladly take these as they are, but that change would, I think, complete the Elf look.

Bravo and much, much thanks! You're added to the list of credits :)

- E

#7 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:06 AM

Sure, I'll see what I can do.

#8 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

Is this any better?

Attached Files

#9 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:26 AM

Is this any better?

Ahhh, the eye angle looks just right to me now :) I'm wondering if one eye should be any higher or lower than it is, in order to make both of them look more even with each other (and considering the slight angle of the face). Her left eye (the one on the right, as we look at the picture) might need to be raised just slightly for this. What do you think? We could ask someone else to look at the image, just to get another person's perspective. That's the only detail that concerns me, otherwise I'd say the portrait is ready!

Thanks,
Eric

#10 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:57 PM

Here, try this on for size.

Attached Files

#11 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:26 AM

Here, try this on for size.

I love these biggrin.gif Thank you very, very much! This set will now be included in the mod package. I'm hoping to get one or two other artists to agree to creating additional alternates, but so far, your portrait is the closest thing I've ever seen to what Erysseril should look like...and I've seen and collected TONS of fantasy art and portrait graphics over the years! I've also added you to the credits in the mod's readme file.

Best wishes always,
Eric

Edited by Eric P., 14 April 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#12 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:00 AM

Concerning the character portraits, I may have made a mistake with Erysseril's seasonal colors. It appears that BGII begins in the month of Mirtul (May), which would place the start of the game in spring. If the game always begins in spring, then Erysseril's colors should be a woodland green with yellow accents, instead of yellow with red accents for summer. I've posted separately to ask about the game's starting time of year to confirm this.

If I determine that a change is in order, I hope that won't be a problem. I won't ask for a different version of the character portrait for each season, as the game wouldn't run through an entire cycle of four seasons, I'm sure...

Thanks,
Eric

Edited by Eric P., 14 April 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#13 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:55 PM

Confirmed: I done blowed it sad.gif Erysseril's cape should be in spring colors, again meaning woodland green with yellow accents. Correcting the previous description to reflect this...

- E

Edited by Eric P., 14 April 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#14 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:30 AM

This has all made me very hungry. I demand cookies!

Attached Files

#15 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:46 AM

This has all made me very hungry. I demand cookies!

Absolutely beautiful :) We're finished, and this will be the main portrait set (I have only one alternate, but it needs some more editing, as my attempts have left it looking odd).

Thanks, and I'll see what I can arrange about the cookies ;)

- E

#16 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

[Deleted]

Edited by Eric P., 21 November 2012 - 07:51 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Erysseril, NPC, Portrait