Problem with Vicis voice

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Caine-7-

-Caine-7-

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

Hi my english is not the best but I will explain so good I can.

I installed the Bigworld Projekt
And startet a new game. Well I searched for Viconia , and she joined my party.
When I try to talk with her after she joined my party I get a lot of options I can chose from.

ONE and here is the problem is:
"Viconia, you sound... strange"

After u do that her voice changes to the voice she had in Baldurs Gate 1.
At the begining she had the voice from Baldurs Gate II

cause I play the german version of the game, that is a big Problem...cause the first version is a big pile of shit!
U can do this with all NPC
There is no way to change the voice back over the PID options
I want her good voice back...
Why is there the option to change her voice only in one direction?

Oh and Vici is not talking to me any more. dont know why...no Friendship no romanze or do I need to be at the Baldurs gate II area of the big World map???

I hope I can get some help
I am getting confused

#2 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

BG1 content for Viconia is just the BG1 NPC Project stuff. She doesn't have that many talks with the PC anyway, so you might just be out of talks. So this has nothing to do with the Viconia Friendship.

The BG1 NPC Project also includes "you sound strange" in player-initiated dialogue as a string fixer, in case players are having problems with character dialogue. So...don't choose that option, and it won't happen. I don't think that there is a way to fix it. Try reloading from a save before you told her that she "sounded odd."
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#3 -Caine-7-

-Caine-7-

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

Oh ok well thank u for u fast answer :)
So when I reach the Baldur Gate II part of the game, and get Viconia in my party again she should be " resetet" right ? like the game wont keep my sort of Level up.
Itīs like a new NPC then ? Got nothing to do with the Viconia I have now. Have I got that right?

And the Friendship stuff starts in the Baldurs Gate II Area??
Oh and I think itīs a great idea all this mods just wow, I feel like a little kid playing his fav. game like I played it the first time, just mind blowing!

#4 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

I think that everything should be normal in BG2. Viconia's creature file is different there, so it should be OK. And yes, the friendship does start in BG2.
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#5 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:37 AM

Hi Caine7! Yes, the Viconia content should begin when she joins in BGII. Hope you enjoy!