Photo

Beta-testers Wanted: Keldorn romance mod

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 mystymoo

mystymoo
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

Is it possible to still get this mod + the TOB beta portion? :o been looking everywhere since Petal and thorns death 

#62 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:01 AM

Fortress Lady: No, the mod is not BGII:EE compatible.

mystymoo: I have the beta as of 2012/18/01, not sure it's the newest one - and berelinde seems not to be around to react to problems, so I am not sure I should spread it. Is anyone still actively testing who can tell us what berelinde's philosophy for the testing is?

#63 mystymoo

mystymoo
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:58 PM

I was testing this mod on P&Ts but I went away for a bit, when I came back the website was gone, I kinda wasn't so bothered as I had the mod but my laptop finally died (And by died I mean my toddler spilled an entire cup of water on it) so I lost everything that was stored on it :( 

#64 -tibicina-

-tibicina-

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

Which version #? I have 20120118 and states it requires tob...

#65 MissEscalla

MissEscalla
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:37 PM

I am utterly enchanted by this Mod. I have played it through twice now, only to discover I don't have the TOB portion of the mod.

A beautiful job was done, creating the dialogue between Keldorn and the PC. It flows, and comes across as so very sincere a heart break for him, and the eventual coming out the other side.

Now, if only someone would be kind and direct me to the TOB portion, I would be so very grateful.

I am new to the forum, but if anyone needs help with Editing conversation.. NOT code..  I would be happy to help them.

I should point out, I am playing the MOD on EE as that is the only version of the BG that I have. I have had one conversation I needed to use EE KEEPER to advance past, talk 11 I believe. Other then that.. everything has run smoothly for me.

Edited by MissEscalla, 10 December 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#66 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:37 AM

MissEscalla, I have the beta version from 2012-01-18 ("keldorn_rom-b20120118.exe"), this is the latest I have, and I see tob-content there. I tried to install it on BGII:EE but it won't work because it doesn't check for bgii:ee. I can either link this version directly for you or maybe I find the time to do a quick tp2-update to make it EE compatible. Please nudge me about this if I don't answer shortly.

Unfortunately the forum Tolkien Across The Water seems to be gone, too, so I don't know what the status of developpment of this mod was.

#67 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:13 AM

I don't know what's the idea Berelinde has, but I think:

- one should surely link the current version as the 'definitive' version for SoA and the only one actively released by Berelinde.

- you could share the ToB version, given the fact that I frankly think it's a waste Berelinde wrote content for it and no one can enjoy it. If she one day comes back, she will have the time to just remove the link/ask you to put it down/complete the mod if it is still in beta status.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#68 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

I am absolutely not aware what the official beta status of this mod is. All I know it's a mod that so far nearly all testers adored, berelinde is not around currently (I am not saying "any more" on purpose), and I have a version including ToB content- I will make it ready for BGII:EE and would be happy for any test reports (MiscEscalla, I got your PM, thank you :) )

But I will also Email berelinde to ask her OK. I kind of assume that berelinde would have no objections to her mod being tested and debugged while she is away, though.

#69 MissEscalla

MissEscalla
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:03 AM

I will absolutely report back everything and anything. It truly is an elegantly written MOD. It's sensitive to the issue. It is serious, as is Keldorn, at the same time there are delightful moments of whimsy, angst and romance.  

I am SOO excited, thank you so much Jastey! I cannot wait to be able play this.  *crosses fingers its okay with Berlinde.*

#70 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:43 AM

Email to berelinde sent.

Sergio: What is the current version officially released be berelinde? Do you know? (Because I don't.)

#71 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:03 AM

I have green light from berelinde!

I will do a BGII:EE version "light" - only traify the journal entries and move them into the game.tra to make them EE compatible etc.

I hope I'll find the time to do this this week end.

#72 Setepenre

Setepenre
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:13 PM

I'm so glad Berelinde's all right.  I've been so worried about her and her absence.  I helped beta-test Keldorn way back when, and it is indeed a very lovely mod.  I loved everything about it and hoped that one day it would be polished and made public.  I haven't yet played BGEE and don't know the first thing about adding mods to it (I'm petrified by the very thought, actually!) but hope that all goes well for it.  Thank you, Jastey, for taking the time to contact Bereline and updating us about Keldorn, at least. 

Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled to death by the entrails of the last cleric.

God may be your co-pilot, but never let him take the stick.

#73 MissEscalla

MissEscalla
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:17 PM

I am so giddy right now! Thank you Jastey!

#74 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:10 AM

-- All reported bugs have been fixed locally.

#75 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:31 AM

See here for the new beta. Testers welcome! (Thank you for your interest, and patience.)