BG1 Missing Files

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

I am going through the instructions in biG World v9.1

I get to the part about how the patching of TotSC has deleted some files. Instructions say to unpack them into my BG main directory. But, where do i get them from?

I already have downloaded many of the mods I want to use. I do not want to use all of the features of all of the mods, so I dont want to use the BiG_World_Setup to automate this process for me.

Is it true that if i useBiG_World_Setup I cannot choose which parts of each mod I wan to install?

Is it possible to use BiG_World_Setup and have it access the files i have already downloaded?

#2 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

http://kerzenburg.ba...loads.php?id=10

you can find it here

or here

http://www.shsforums...attach_id=15886

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#3 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:00 AM

I am going through the instructions in biG World v9.1

I get to the part about how the patching of TotSC has deleted some files. Instructions say to unpack them into my BG main directory. But, where do i get them from?

I don't know, I will let others answer this question

I already have downloaded many of the mods I want to use. I do not want to use all of the features of all of the mods, so I dont want to use the BiG_World_Setup to automate this process for me.

Is it true that if i useBiG_World_Setup I cannot choose which parts of each mod I wan to install?

It is false and true :
- If you use BWS, you will not be able to choose which components of mods you want within BWS, but after that (after choosing mods/downloading/extracting/...), you can edit the install.bat to do so.
- If you use BWS-beta, (which is a beta) you can choose which components you want within BWS-beta.

Is it possible to use BiG_World_Setup and have it access the files i have already downloaded?

Put them in the Download folder of BWS and BWS will check if they are in the appropriate version and download them again only if they are not.

Hope this helps.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:43 AM

Put them in the Download folder of BWS and BWS will check if they are in the appropriate version and download them again only if they are not.

Actually they need to be put into the folder specified in here:
Posted Image

Believe it or not, but prowler already gave the right answer... see that mod needs to be installed into the BG1's directory before the BGT is installed in BWS...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 June 2010 - 03:47 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:57 AM

Believe it or not, but prowler already gave the right answer... see that mod needs to be installed into the BG1's directory before the BGT is installed in BWS...

Oh, I didn't mean he was wrong :hug: I just never have this problem myself :woot: (well, in fact, I have never used this file).
By the way, has it something to do with BG1 DVD-version or not ?