Photo

BWP v9 DL

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mereinid

Mereinid
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:12 AM

Hey Peoples. I have a question for you. Ok, let me start of with saying I am a contractor working in Iraq. While I have satellite internet it is by no means fast..about double that of dial up. I just bought me a new monster gaming laptop ( ASUS G73JH-A2 17.3" ) I am going to have my wife do some large downloads and installs there that will require some serious patches. I was wondering if there is anyway she can go ahead and predownload the mods that I want installed and I can guide the install of BWP v9 to that area? I usually install the mod compilations that include all mods except the beta ones. Once I get the laptop here I will do the full install of BG1 & BG2 with both expansion packs as I have the discs here playing BWP v7 on this laptop.

I think I have totally confused you, if I have just let me know. You can get me here.
Out here,
Matthew
The more one knows, the less one believes.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:26 AM

I was wondering if there is anyway ... go ahead and predownload the mods that I want installed and I can guide the install of BWP v9 to that area?

Yes, the BWS has a folder dedicated to the all the downloaded packages, it's this in the selector:
Posted Image
So you just put all the BG2 mods you have there and the BWS will use them if they are still usable... I also recommend that you use the "Further customization of your mod-settings."

The other possibility is that you instruct your partner to install the games the patches and the BWS, and then they could pretend that they would setup the eXpert install, let the BWS do it's downloading... and when it's done, it will ask question on what is to be installed, to where the process can be stopped. But that option is only really optional if you have a geek wife.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 26 June 2010 - 04:34 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Mereinid

Mereinid
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:25 AM

Hey Jarno, sweet the Big World download folder is here! I have 2.1GB of files in there with all the mods I am currently using on this Sager laptop. Right so all she has to do is install BG 1 and BG 2 and I can run the set up here and it will do it's thing? While I have a geek wife, she is no where near the level I am. But, excellent. Thanks again. MY days of exploring the Sword coast shall start anew..in about 12 days.

Out here,
Mereinid
The more one knows, the less one believes.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:00 AM

Right so all she has to do is install BG 1 and BG 2 and I can run the set up here and it will do it's thing?

Yes...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.