Photo

1 Thing i do not like about this mod.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

The one thing i do not like about this mod is that the Inn prices for resting did not get put up like Hard times has. Will this be updated in the future?

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

Eh, you mean to go along with the "Store Prices" components? I guess we could add a component that changes inn room prices; it would be easy enough. Or just stealth it into the existing Store Prices components. Then the question is, do we adjust temple cure and tavern rumour prices too whilst we're at it...

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:55 AM

Eh, you mean to go along with the "Store Prices" components? I guess we could add a component that changes inn room prices; it would be easy enough. Or just stealth it into the existing Store Prices components. Then the question is, do we adjust temple cure and tavern rumour prices too whilst we're at it...

You should make all those, be in separated components... :hug:
The cleric healing service is not a "store", nor is the tavern a one, as it's from the people you get the clues, not from the taverns keeper while you get yourself hammered. And the 'hotel' is neither. So 4 components at least.
Edit: Total of 4 components(inn rooms, temple cures and tavern drinks, item prices).

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 03 July 2010 - 05:08 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:35 AM

The cleric healing service is not a "store", nor is the tavern a one, as it's from the people you get the clues, not from the taverns keeper while you get yourself hammered. And the 'hotel' is neither. So 4 components at least.

Well, technically, all those things are controlled by "prices" set in "store" (.sto) files. I suppose you are not looking at it from a technical perspective though. Anyway, I guess we can slop more components into this mod, in absence of spinning this kind of stuff off into a tweak mod (which is a lot of work not high on my priority list right now). But I only count 3 new pricing components (inn rooms, temple cures and tavern drinks)...

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:26 AM

8 gold to sleep in the best room lol. Its royal. Hardtimes its 275 gold.

#6 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

8 gold to sleep in the best room lol. Its royal. Hardtimes its 275 gold.

Uh, isn't it simpler to just not rest in the mod's stores?

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#7 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:31 PM

I think dmxdex meant that all inns in the game are 8 gold for the best rooms, but in BG1, if you're playing Tutu or BGT with the mod Hard Times installed, the best rooms cost 275 gold, and the "Store Prices" component of Aurora doesn't affect prices in the game's inns.
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:24 PM

Aye, Aurora does not add any inns (though we add drinks and cures, believe it or not). It must be a strange deflation going from the BG1 part of the game with Hard Times to BG2 without it, unless the BGT version handles both parts. If Aurora is installed on top of Hard Times, it will multiply whatever Hard Times has set as prices, though I guess we could set them as hard values rather than multipliers.

#9 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:23 AM

So is this going to be worked on then? how long would this take to complete?

#10 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:24 AM

Can i manually edit the inn prices for rest somehow?

Edited by dmxdex, 04 July 2010 - 11:32 AM.

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:29 AM

You could, but it'd be a lot of work. On top of that, store files (including inns) you've visited are stored in (you guessed it) your saved games. So just editing the game files to your override wouldn't be enough.

What would you set the prices for each room to, if you were setting them manually?

#12 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:41 AM

You could, but it'd be a lot of work. On top of that, store files (including inns) you've visited are stored in (you guessed it) your saved games. So just editing the game files to your override wouldn't be enough.

What would you set the prices for each room to, if you were setting them manually?

Same as hard times. I find it annoying they are so cheap its so silly. And like you said hard times will not adjust going into BG2 So im just going to have to sit tight until someone can adjust it. Hopefully soon. Im more or less found agood balance of things i like to my modded game. Just this and setting the randomiser correctly.

#13 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

Same as hard times.

Well to save me installing or hacking into such a mod, what are the prices? Base *10? *100, 40/60/80/100/200 or what?

#14 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:50 AM

Same as hard times.

Well to save me installing or hacking into such a mod, what are the prices? Base *10? *100, 40/60/80/100/200 or what?

the cheapest is 8 peasant, merchant is 25, i cannot remember the next one but the royal is 275. This is candlekeep but maybe they change place to place.

#15 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

Is this mod going to have an update for it with the new Inn prices?

#16 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:21 AM

Eventually, but it's not going to happen overnight. I've got a lot of real life stuff going on over the next couple weeks at least, and a couple other mods I'm updating.

If you just want a quick fix, you can paste this in a text file and save it as setup-innprices.tp2 in a folder called innprices in your game folder. Then copy and paste another mod's setup-modname.exe, rename it setup-innprices.exe and execute it.
BACKUP ~innprices/backup~
AUTHOR ~null~

BEGIN ~Inn Prices~

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.sto$~ ~override~
  PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x9b BEGIN //If valid size
    PATCH_IF LONG_AT 8 = 2 BEGIN //If an inn
      //Adjust these to whatever prices you want
      WRITE_LONG 0x60 8 //Peasant price
      WRITE_LONG 0x64 25 //Merchant price
      WRITE_LONG 0x68 150 //Noble price
      WRITE_LONG 0x6c 275 //Royal price
    END
  END
BUT_ONLY
It won't affect prices at inns you've already visited, which are stored in your saved game.

#17 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:39 AM

Eventually, but it's not going to happen overnight. I've got a lot of real life stuff going on over the next couple weeks at least, and a couple other mods I'm updating.

If you just want a quick fix, you can paste this in a text file and save it as setup-innprices.tp2 in a folder called innprices in your game folder. Then copy and paste another mod's setup-modname.exe, rename it setup-innprices.exe and execute it.
BACKUP ~innprices/backup~
AUTHOR ~null~

BEGIN ~Inn Prices~

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.sto$~ ~override~
  PATCH_IF SOURCE_SIZE > 0x9b BEGIN //If valid size
    PATCH_IF LONG_AT 8 = 2 BEGIN //If an inn
      //Adjust these to whatever prices you want
      WRITE_LONG 0x60 8 //Peasant price
      WRITE_LONG 0x64 25 //Merchant price
      WRITE_LONG 0x68 150 //Noble price
      WRITE_LONG 0x6c 275 //Royal price
    END
  END
BUT_ONLY
It won't affect prices at inns you've already visited, which are stored in your saved game.

Cheers mate i will give that a whirl soon.

#18 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:19 PM

Ok i finally got round to trying it. When i run the EXE it just says Queried (pid = -1)? It doesn work?

Off topic. Why does baldurs gate go at 100 miles an hour at 60fps? the screen movement is so much smoother compared to 30fps. Characters run very fast though. And another thing. The mage book spelling is memoriz instead of memorized? Not sure if this too do with the font pack i downloaded.

Edited by dmxdex, 23 July 2010 - 12:37 PM.

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

Ok i finally got round to trying it. When i run the EXE it just says Queried (pid = -1)? It doesn work?

You didn't probably do it the right way, or you had just needed to wait as the WeiDU.exe's autoupdate would have kicked in had you waited a more than a moment, try this:

Attached Files

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 July 2010 - 01:03 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#20 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

You didn't probably do it the right way, or you had just needed to wait as the WeiDU.exe's autoupdate would have kicked in had you waited a more than a moment, try this:

Still doesnt work. I left it for a good while and it doesnt go anything.

I just notice im getting it with all the exe's? wtf. I just did a new setup of mods. Not sure what has gone wrong. i will do a reinstallation tomoz and let you know it if works.

Edited by dmxdex, 23 July 2010 - 02:33 PM.