• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:42 AM

Is it intentional that your "Dream" creature will look alternately like a rakshasa, a ghoul queen or a green wight, and that your "Nightmare" will appear alternately like a shadow beast, a Planescape shadow or a yellow wight, depending on which mods and components you've got installed? What are they supposed to look like, the PS:T animations?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#2 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:47 AM

I'm not sure if I understand the question... Normally Dream looks like rakshasa and Nightmares looks like shadow fiends (as far as I remember :P ), but when you install optional component those are given P:T animations - Dream looks like a Night Hag and Nightmare looks like P:T Shadow. I think wight slots weren't used before, but since I can't be sure, this is optional component (and probably noone use it :P)
I was told that P:T animations doesn't exist in Infinity Animation, cause you and rest of IA team want to make them better than those uploaded by Cuv so long time ago. Of course I understand it :)

Edited by Lava Del'Vortel, 05 July 2010 - 05:47 AM.

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:23 AM

I'm not sure if I understand the question...

I think you did, since you answered it :P. Well, more or less... I'm guessing they're supposed to look like the PS:T animations, or you wouldn't've made a component for that.

Oddly enough, the Never-Ending Journey mod uses both wights in their proper slots (MWI2 and MWI3 - see here) as does Infinity Animations. So if your component is installed, either NEJ2's wights will end up looking like ghoul queens and shadows or your creatures will look like wights, depending on which mod is installed last. I can fix it in Infinity Animations (it already does this for all the disorganised megamod animations) but I guess I need to port the PS:T shadow to a BG2 slot.

Incidentally, the animation you and Cuv call a night hag is actually a ghoul queen (see here for the difference). Both animations have been ported to BG2 slots, and are in this archive.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:00 AM

So it's worse than I thought... I mean I knew that there must be some mod that uses this slot, but now... Well, I will contact with thee via PM to talk about this and Infinity Animations :) Thanks for letting me know about the whole case :)