Photo

Aegis Pack DLC

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

BioWare released a new DLC called the Aegis pack that can be found on here: http://masseffect.bi...e.com/info/dlc/

Seems better than the Equalizer pack at least but I still don't know if I'm going to bother buying it. I've heard good things about the Incisor but I'm a little uncertain still.

Also, one important question:

Why the hell can't BioWare design headgear that doesn't look absolutely retarded? I mean, really, the kestrel helmet looks nearly as dumb as the crap in the Equalizer pack.

#2 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

Cerberus network? What Cerberus network. :mellow:

Personally, I have like 80 Bioware FUNBUCKS™ left and I'll be fucked if I buy another 400 just to get another 80. Maybe if they ever release any other dlc that's worth paying for, but eh.

On the plus side, at least female version has a chestplate that isn't like HAY EVERYBODY LOOK AT MAH BOO-BAYS. Also, the rifle is apparently the only weapon in the game that doesn't have a dumb and crippling damage penalty when used by anyone not named Shepard, so it's actually quite good.

Here's a couple of stolen screencaps of the Kestrel:

kestrel.jpg

edit: also the stats of the armour pieces are as follows:
  • Helmet - Increases head shot damage by 5%, increases weapon damage by 3%, increases shields by 3%
  • Chest - Increases melee damage by 10%, increases weapon damage by 5%, increases shield strength by 3%
  • Shoulders - Increases shields by 8%, increases melee damage by 10%
  • Arms - Increases weapon damage by 3%, increases shields by 3%, increases melee damage by 10%
  • Legs - Increases shields by 8%, increases heavy weapon ammo capacity by 5%

Edited by vilkacis, 06 July 2010 - 11:53 AM.

#3 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

I presume this is the particular time we start calling out Judge Shepard? Also chest increases melee and weapon damage, what? Even on the male version?
Obviously a sumo wrestler in a past-life. <_<

Hows-it-work aside, all things considered the naming seems fitting, if one looks into mythology, they earn points for that. :)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#4 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

Meh...unless they can figure out how to de-helm you while you speak, I'm sticking with N7. And besides...pretty colours. :P

#5 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

It's in pieces. Note the stats for the individual parts above.

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:05 AM

I don't think the M-29 Incisor sniper rifle is that good from what I've read, simply because I'd personally take a high damage single-shot sniper rifle over Incisor's lower-damage burst-fire, even if the damage matches up with the rapid fire. It's a moot point though, because the M-98 Widow is clearly superior to all other sniper rifles.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Archmage Silver, 09 July 2010 - 05:22 AM.

#7 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:38 AM

Lol I can barely tell who is female and who is male with that armor...But yes a decent helmet...so many bad rogue and mage helmets in dragon age as well...Seems like Bioware can only make decent ones for Warriors

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#8 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:41 AM

Lol I can barely tell who is female and who is male with that armor...But yes a decent helmet...so many bad rogue and mage helmets in dragon age as well...Seems like Bioware can only make decent ones for Warriors

Let's just be honest and say that there aren't any good mage helms in DA. ;)

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:08 AM

I don't think the M-29 Incisor sniper rifle is that good from what I've read, simply because I'd personally take a high damage single-shot sniper rifle over Incisor's lower-damage burst-fire, even if the damage matches up with the rapid fire. It's a moot point though, because the M-98 Widow is clearly superior to all other sniper rifles.

Ouh, and you'll be satisfied by knocking out the shield of the opponent, and then you go in and destroy the opponent via hand-to-hand-combat? I noticed that the Incisor was very powerful with a few bursts, you'll of course have to hit with them, but usually you can take your time long distance fights to re-aim between the bursts, when you don't have to reload the weapon.

Well, good and Over Powered are two different things, one is to actually give some additional value to the slot, and the other just gives a lot of stats bonuses while looks ... don't matter.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#10 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:42 AM

I'm just saying, I never liked the idea of a burst-fire sniper rifle, so if they're equally deadly, I'll take the one-shot variant. Not that there's anything better than the M-98 Widow anyway. M-98 Widow, Assassination Cloak and maxed sniper rifle upgrades ftw.

And yeah, I was just referring to the looks of the mage hoods, because they look like utter crap.

#11 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:07 PM

How about: there are no pretty mage helms in DA? :rolleyes: I know, I'm a bit vain when it comes to my game characters, but still.

Regarding the Aegis Pack, the armor looks pretty decent, but the stats don't really entice me. I think I'll save my BioWare points for the Overlord DLC. At least the chestplate isn't ridiculous for females. Vilkacis had the right of it, most armors are really... silly. ("a chestplate that isn't like HAY EVERYBODY LOOK AT MAH BOO-BAYS.": Vilkacis, you had snorting with laughter!)

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#12 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

It's so much more satisfying to pop the top off someone's skull with one shot. If I'm not playing a soldier or infiltrator then I stick with the Mantis rifle rather than the Viper. (I always take the sniping skill once on the Collector ship. All my Shepards snipe to some degree).

And yeah, I do like the non-boob emphasising armour. Not everyone is stacked like a pr0n star.

#13 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:23 AM

It's so much more satisfying to pop the top off someone's skull with one shot. If I'm not playing a soldier or infiltrator then I stick with the Mantis rifle rather than the Viper. (I always take the sniping skill once on the Collector ship. All my Shepards snipe to some degree).

This. I prefer the single-shot sniper rifles for this reason alone, they're just way more satisfying to use.

#14 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:23 AM

Heh yeah...I was referring to the looks of all the helmets as well...I dont understand how the art team and design team can put such ugly mage and rogue helms along with most of the mass effect ones too...It is one to thing make helms for low lvl chars and what not ugly but when all of them are mostly ugly its quite lame id say...

Edited by Vicen, 10 July 2010 - 07:23 AM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#15 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:51 AM

Yeah, you'd think simple, normal hoods would have been available for both rogues and mages, but no... they have feathers and stuff in them. And the Mass Effect 2 goggle-helms are definitely the "new shit". Heh.