Cassandra vs. Tallis @ Grey Wardens
The Case for Cullen @ Grey Wardens
DA Redemption: "Saarebas" Review @ Grey Wardens

#622 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

Grey Wardens have published an article titled Opinion: When Voice Works on voice acting in Dragon Age II.

#623 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:27 PM

News:
Reviewing "Asunder" @ Grey Wardens
Where Is Morrigan? @ Grey Wardens

#624 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

Asunder did indeed come out, and I read it during the holidays. It's a good light read, but some of it is rather boring - long journeys, long dungeon crawl descriptions. I think it's closer to the Calling in style than to the Stolen Throne. Probably non-rereadable(unlike with the Throne, I've no desire to read it again).

The main gripe I have is the characters. The main guy Rhys is bland - his only conflict is taking two women into an expedition and choosing between them(or flirting with templar woman while the mage woman is crying in the corner. Or whatever. Boring! And kind of gross). Both Wynne and Leliana are these unstoppable Sue juggernauts - everyone thinks how beautiful and dangerous they are, they are always right and so on. Shale is a shadow of her former self - "fleshy things" and "squishy" is practically all she says. Well, that, and nobody cares about making Shale human again - Wynne only pursues her own agenda.

(lore spoilers)
Important lore bits(again, spoilers): Tranquil are not at the risk of possession, because the ritual makes them invisible for the demons/spirits in the Fade, but they are not immune. Also, Tranquil can become normal again, if some spirit touches them in the Fade(not in the normal world, like Andersjustice touched Karl). I thought it would be explained why some abominations looked like humans and others didn't, but no, nobody explained that. Neither Morrigan nor Flemeth are mentioned. And there's a civil war in Orlais.

Hawke's role in mage-templar conflict is now zero(with this book). Seemed like Warden Fiona deserted the Wardens, and together with Wynne they headed The Rebellion, and this rebellion, like, started the great mage-templar conflict. Meaning that neither mage Warden nor Hawke nor Anders really mean anything - real heros are Fiona, Wynne and Wynne's son Rhys(who, incidentally, is kind of a co-conspirator to murders of innocent people, and has been under the influence of blood magic, too).

#625 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

News:
Challenging Tradition @ Grey Wardens

Edited by Archmage Silver, 25 January 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#626 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

News:
David Gaider Interview @ Swooping Is Bad
Memorable Themes from the Dragon Age Soundtracks @ Grey Wardens

Edited by Archmage Silver, 02 February 2012 - 07:18 AM.

#627 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Mark Darrah, the evil mastermind behind the Wild Mage kit in BG II, has published a blog entry at Bio Blog about what is internally known as "Dragon Age Week".

#628 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

News:
Dragon Age II Alignments @ Grey Wardens
Dragon Age II Comic Book: The Silent Grove Cover Reveal @ Grey Wardens

Edited by Archmage Silver, 20 February 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#629 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

What do you know, the internet is brimming with idiots and trolls. When did this hap... oh, wait, that's how it always was. Grey Wardens have an article about BioWare's Jennifer Hepler being targeted because of a 2006 interview where she basically said that she's not really that into gaming even though she works for BioWare.

#630 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

There have been times though, especially when replaying, roleplaying, games, that I wouldn't mind the option of a skip combat button.

Why play game if you want to skip combat? There are books, movies for that reason. The combat isn't crucial part of RPG, but it is part of roleplaying-GAME. It has always been, and it always will be. Combat is part of conflict solution. Do you think good & evil can always solve their problems with talk and hugs?

Also, I never said what people did to her is justified, but I can't help but feel she's partly responsible of it. If you say things like "least favourite part of game is playing game", you are opening yourself for the attack. Why not think before talk? I don't know. To me, it sounds like she wanted attention adly.

The interview was published on October 11th 2006. BioWare hadn't even been acquired by EA yet, and Mass Effect 1 would only be released in November 2007. Dragon Age: Origins was over two years away. BioWare didn't have the mainstream popularity it has today, and I'm betting that their employees felt like they could speak more freely too. After being acquired by EA, John Riccitiello probably made them attend media communication 101 classes to prevent anything controversial.

Original Article @ Internet Archive Wayback Machine

News:
The Silent Grove #1 Review @ Grey Wardens

Edited by Eleima, 28 February 2012 - 02:42 AM.

#631 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

News:
Dragon Age II - A Year Later @ Grey Wardens

#632 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

News:
The Silent Grove #2 Review @ Grey Wardens

#633 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

Grey Wardens have published an article on Origins romances vs. DA II romances titled Love is a Battlefield.

#634 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

BioWare has pulled the plug on Dragon Age II support according to Mark Darrah.

#635 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

*nods* I first read that Dragon Age 2: Exalted March was canceled at Gamespot (I think this qualifies as news)

http://www.gamespot....anceled-6367086

So, the scrapping of general support seems about right.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#636 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

News:
The Silent Grove #3 Review @ Grey Wardens

#637 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

News:
ME3's Citadel vs. DA2's Kirkwall @ Grey Wardens

#638 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

*nods* I first read that Dragon Age 2: Exalted March was canceled at Gamespot (I think this qualifies as news)

http://www.gamespot....anceled-6367086

So, the scrapping of general support seems about right.

Well I guess DA2 now is officially "dead"... I did not think there was going to be an expansion to begin with but I am highly disappointed with the lack of DLC they put out for this game...Ah well here's hoping DA3 is a ton better! And I am not even a harsh critic!(at least for this game)

Edited by Vicen, 30 March 2012 - 11:00 AM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#639 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

News:
Opinion: Don't Waste My Time @ Grey Wardens
Baldur's Gate 2 Redux Mod Interview @ Gamers Nexus

#640 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts