Photo

Can't use CTRL+C to move chapter, it just goes to Nalia

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kalistan

Kalistan
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

I have BG2, TOB, patches, BG2 Fixpack, The Darkest Day, Wiemer's Tactics, and Worldmap mod--all installed in that order.
I have had trouble with triggering Chapter 6 after leaving the Underdark in BG2. Nothing happens and I am still on Chapter 5.
Instead when I try to use Ctrl+C, I just get nalia's ending that is in TOB. What do I do? Thanks ahead for any help

P.S. The reason why I put this in Worldmap forum is that before chapter 5, the game would also stall when trying to go into
either North Forest or Small Teeth Pass areas, but not Forest of Tethyr. That's another problem I have had so far.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

I have BG2, TOB, patches, BG2 Fixpack, The Darkest Day, Wiemer's Tactics, ... the game would also stall when trying to go into either North Forest or Small Teeth Pass areas, but not Forest of Tethyr.

The Tactics overwrites a lot of things... it would need to be installed before the Fixpack to have somewhat better and more stable game... (that is if you are using the non-BWP'es Fixpacks patched version).
What comes to the chapter change try this in the console:
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",6)
Why you had this problem, because you installed the TDD without having the Worldmap mod already extracted in the install folder. Probably...
What comes to the Ctrl + C cheat, you do know you have to activate the cheat keys, right ?

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 20 July 2010 - 01:50 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Kalistan

Kalistan
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

I have BG2, TOB, patches, BG2 Fixpack, The Darkest Day, Wiemer's Tactics, ... the game would also stall when trying to go into either North Forest or Small Teeth Pass areas, but not Forest of Tethyr.

The Tactics overwrites a lot of things... it would need to be installed before the Fixpack to have somewhat better and more stable game... (that is if you are using the non-BWP'es Fixpacks patched version).
What comes to the chapter change try this in the console:
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",6)
Why you had this problem, because you installed the TDD without having the Worldmap mod already extracted in the install folder. Probably...
What comes to the Ctrl + C cheat, you do know you have to activate the cheat keys, right ?

Thanks for your reply I will try that setglobal code. There are two things that trouble me though. One is, I had the worldmap extracted
before I installed TDD. Another thing is: if I install it in the order you said, would my savegames still be valid and viable? I have already had to restart once, but another time would be harsh. Thanks for helping me out.

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

The saves won't be any good as your dialog.tlk will be different since you are installing things in a different order.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant