Photo

Missing Mods

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 dannyb1166

dannyb1166
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:27 PM

Trying to download these mods. Blackwyrm homepage is not working. Does anyone know whyere to get these mods. Thanks
1.7. Baldurdash Weidu v1.68
8.3. Herbs and Potions Add-in for Baldur's Gate 1.0.3
11.10. Tower Of Deception v3.3.1
13.10. Herbs and Potions Add-in for Baldur's Gate 2 v1.0.4
13.15. RItemPackv2 = RPG Dungeon Item Pack
13.29. Volcanic Armoury v1.0
15.18. Solestia v1.2
18.9. igi?s Facing the Shade Lord again
18.10. K'aeloree's BWL Contest Items
19.14. Teleport Spell v14
21.3. Sheena v1.7
23.1. The Sorcerer's Place Collection v8
23.2. Paladins of Faerun Kitpack v4
24.1a. Daulmakan?s Item Pack MOD for Baldur's Gate II v1.3
24.9b. Daulmakan?s Item Pack MOD for Baldur's Gate II v1.1
24.10. Mix Mod v5

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:19 PM

Not sure why you need two different versions of Daulmakan's Item Mod but that's available here anyway. None of the rest of them are worth it - maybe Mix-Mod for some of the stacking components, which should be on IEGMC. And get the SP Collection from G3, not the crappy overwriting version available elsewhere.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 dannyb1166

dannyb1166
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

going by what BiG_World_v9.2_english says

#4 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:55 PM

It's a typo in the Big World PDF (it says v1.1 in the index and v1.2 later when it should all be v1.3), it's meant to be the same version installed in two steps, although the reason for doing it ("This mod must be installed in two steps, because the component 'More Work for Cromwell" can no more be installed after SCSII.') was a mod conflict bug that's been corrected in the last version.

Check my sig for the download link.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#5 dannyb1166

dannyb1166
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for the links. Main one i'm looking for is Baldurdash Weidu v1.68. Can probably do without the rest. havent worked out exactly what ones to install yet

#6 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

Thanks for the links. Main one i'm looking for is Baldurdash Weidu v1.68. Can probably do without the rest. havent worked out exactly what ones to install yet

You really don't need that either.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#7 dannyb1166

dannyb1166
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

Ok thanks for your help

#8 Phobia

Phobia

Zeke's everything

• 87 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

Maybe you don't need any of them, but if you're interested, I can probably send them to you. ^_^ Sorcerer's Place Collection is over at G3, and Volcanic Armoury is located here. I don't know the location or status of the other mods, except for the BWL ones, which is down for now. RPGDungeon has removed their item pack, too. :blink:

Edited by Phobia, 20 July 2010 - 09:36 PM.

Left the modding forums

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:47 AM

I uploaded the Baldurdash Weidu v1.68 to here a lot before the BWL did it to their server... as they used that to upload it there, even when they didn't publish my post they stole the mod from.
I have also uploaded the Paladins of Faerun Kitpack v4-v5 into here. Although the Sigil.cz's download links should work just fine.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 21 July 2010 - 05:51 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#10 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:51 AM

Here's to hoping that Valiant will consider alternate hosting arrangments for Tower of Deception. I imagine most communities would be only too happy to give it a home.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#11 dannyb1166

dannyb1166
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

thanks for the links. still looking for. Tower Of Deception v3.3.1. Install the mods tomorrow. thanks for your help

#12 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:07 AM

still looking for Tower Of Deception v3.3.1. install the mods tomorrow. thanks for your help

Take this... I had to put the .exe into the .rar archive because I couldn't upload it otherwise.

Attached Files

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 22 July 2010 - 12:08 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#13 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:56 AM

You really don't need that either.

I thought the BWP Fixpack applied a special version of the Baldurdash Pack for fixes not yet included in the G3 Fixpack ? Or have I misread the PDF (again  :P ) ?

#14 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:03 AM

Some mods require Baldurdash to be installed (because of inter-community hate, not because of technical need). BWP Fixpack solves this by turning Baldurdash from "fix bugs and also install unrelated tweaks because of a penis issue" into "show up as installed, but don't do anything".

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#15 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:18 AM

turning Baldurdash from "fix bugs and also install unrelated tweaks because of a penis issue" into "show up as installed, but don't do anything".

:ROFL:

That sounds good, I'm in need of some nerd drama ! Care to give more details, or point to a flame thread related to this ?  :twisted:

Cheers,

Fred

#16 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:43 AM

I doubt it - the author of that version of Baldurdash is the kind of person who silently adds "incompatible with X" to his mods to show his contempt, rather than post threads about it; moreover, you need to pay to access his forum, and even if you paid, that forum is currently offline because of server migration. Ditto for the forums of other drama queen modders.

if you want quick lulz, that version of Baldurdash already went offline some time ago:
Author is a web site designer and keeps an online portfolio
Hackers deface his web site (fully deleting its contents)
Author didn't keep backup of that web site
Author accuses other communities of hiring hackers to cause him economical harm
Author spitefully removes all downloads of that version of Baldurdash

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#17 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:37 AM

:doh:

Hear, hear, the spirit of Prilla is still among us !   :Bow: I thought this kind of modder would have lost interest as soon as BG was no longer a mainstream game...

So that means unless I am actually installing NeJ, I will not need to install BD ?

Cheers,

Fred

Edited by Tonton Fred, 22 July 2010 - 02:38 AM.

#18 dannyb1166

dannyb1166
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:16 AM

Thanks. Got all i need Now. Going to to a bit of head scratching hot to install big picture on windows 7 64 bit now. Or would it be better to use windows xp thats built into it?

Edited by dannyb1166, 22 July 2010 - 04:17 AM.

#19 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:26 AM

I didn't have any problems (although I only installed the Ascension-related components, not the BP main component).

#20 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:25 AM

Author spitefully removes all downloads of that version of Baldurdash

You aren't quite right. I don't know about rival communities hiring hackers, or that being the cause, but there was a person in russian community who've assembled a megamod installation few years ago, then uploaded it on tracker. While it would sound fine, except for 'authorship rights violation', that installation was bugged beyond repair and was looking out of every corner on torrent trackers and such. And people kept downloading, coming to forums, posting same problems again and again, sometimes on everyday basis. Worse yet, some cretin motherfucker moron burned that pile of shit and began selling it. Several forum regulars said they saw it selling quite well, I can only wonder how many people bought it. Rather typical for Russia, happened once with BG mods already, before I came to community. And we keep talking about BWL's mastermind, as if he's somewhere near...
In the end I simply asked moderators in the largest russian gaming portal to put a warning into BG thread's header to avoid that thing like a plague. Thank goodness, nowadays it seems to have finally stopped haunting us.
So that's the story in a nutshell. Now then, Vlad (and Kulyok?) demanded to delete their mods from that package, but obviously enough that didn't seem to work. Author then vanished for quite a time, but about a year ago he made a reappearance and started making a patch for his package. Vlad saw him active once more and again demanded to exclude his mods, the silence being the response. Few days after that he removed links to his mods and posted an explanation thread, telling that those interested can get a download link from PM. Mods included both NEJ/TS and Baldurdash. Well, about the latter I'm not 100% certain, but he sent me a link for new versions twice, and since NEJ Part 3 isn't out yet, that must mean BD was there. Can't check PMs due to dead BWL forum.

Retired from modding.