Comments on "While Shepard Watched"

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:02 AM

First thing is a little bit of clearing up. It's almost entirely my own invention, but that's my take on how the Normandy can be seen speeding away from the Collector base and the relay in the cut scene as the base explodes, and than be back in Omega if you continue playing afterwards. Although Zoe Shepard, amateur astronomer, may not sound quite right even to me. Zoe Shepard, willing to sell scientific data to the highest bidder, is rather more plausible. I can defend what I've written in terms of Mass Effect canon, but it's quite speculative. And I will go through Lair of the Shadow Broker, since I've downloaded it, and take Zoe's story through that. I'm expecting other dlc too, so Zoe isn't going away. But with Mass Effect 2 finished, she'll be quieter for a while.

Though I had this idea for a series of chapters covering her earlier, pre-ME1, life.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#22 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:44 AM

First thing is a little bit of clearing up. It's almost entirely my own invention, but that's my take on how the Normandy can be seen speeding away from the Collector base and the relay in the cut scene as the base explodes, and than be back in Omega if you continue playing afterwards. Although Zoe Shepard, amateur astronomer, may not sound quite right even to me. Zoe Shepard, willing to sell scientific data to the highest bidder, is rather more plausible. I can defend what I've written in terms of Mass Effect canon, but it's quite speculative. And I will go through Lair of the Shadow Broker, since I've downloaded it, and take Zoe's story through that. I'm expecting other dlc too, so Zoe isn't going away. But with Mass Effect 2 finished, she'll be quieter for a while.

I look forwards to the Lair of the Shadow Broker content, and any other DLC given the little I know about them. :D More adventures of Zoe are always welcome.

Though I had this idea for a series of chapters covering her earlier, pre-ME1, life.

:woot:

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#23 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:10 PM

Oooh, very interesting. I'm loving this look at what all the other characters are doing. The Batarian standoff with the Turians and the Krogan was great! The bit with Wrex was really cute too ^_^. As for the last part... nice mix of anger and laughter there. :D

#24 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:47 AM

Give it a couple of days, and this story will be going again. Sorry about the long absence.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

#25 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:35 AM

No need to apologise. Life has its times, and so does life online. I know I and many others are looking forwards to your next update. ^_^

#26 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

Whoa. Is anyone else getting ? in the older posts where there should be " ? I'm not looking forward to going through changing those.

Back from the brink.

#27 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

*blinks* I am too, actually. I wonder how on earth that happened. If you need a hand helping to edit those, give me a yell. Or a PM rather. :)

#28 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

Sorry it took me a while to catch up with what you've posted! Really enjoyed the soft interlude and how nervous and hesitant and eager your Shepard was. I think you portrayed it beautifully in a short amount of time.

I did notice one or two typos, eg.

“Oh, Speard, you’re here already. I’ll let you in, hold on."

But they were pretty minor, and I think I'm just nitpicking here. :)

I'm glad to see a return of your Zoe, especially with the release of Mass Effect 3 just over the horizon. You really are what made me engage with the Mass Effect universe, and as always I love seeing your take on it. Looking forwards to more when you have the time!

#29 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

Well, I've worked out what was wrong with my attempts to write up the Arrival DLC. Hopefully get that out tomorrow or Saturday. And my copy of ME3 is on the way :lol2:

So now, I just need a name for the adventures of Zoe Shepard, Part 3. And to stop myself trying to recreate her in SW;tOR, of course.

Back from the brink.

#30 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

Heh, I'm playing SW;tOR myself at the moment, and I know with the Trooper story it is especially tempting to create Shepard. ^_^