• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drunkyduck

drunkyduck
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:24 AM

Hello everyone...

I got a strange problem.

I installed the 4 disc version of the game by following the guide that ThunderPeel200 wrote.

Part of the mods that were sugested not to be installed I didn't, and the rest I of them I installed.

This is my system:

OS = XPSP3
26" monitor ( 16:10 ) ( resolution: 1920x1200 )
CPU:AMD 2500+ (barton)
RAM: 2 GB DDR400 (PC3200)
GPU: GeForce 2Ti 32 MB
Sound card: Audigy 1

In short those are the exact steps that I did:

- Installed the game on C:\Torment
- Installed Bigg's Widescreen mod
- Installed Ghostdog's incredible mod
- Installed the Ultimate Fixpack
- Installed Unfinished Business
- Installed Tweaks Pack

And..on 26" monitor game really look fantastic and run almost without any problems. There is only one: When I visit any area NPCs tend to 'disappear'. I mean, they are still there BUT I have to ....'find them'. What I want to say is that, for isntance, when I need to talk with them I need to keep clicking (checking) on the whole screen area until I manage to 'select' them because they are kinda invisible. Yes, thats the correct term. NPCs tend to be invisible.

Then... while I am 'moving' my character on the other part of the screen they (the NPCs) sometimes show up, but then, they go into 'invisible' mode again. Its really hard to play the game this way. :(

Can someone, please, tell me if there is any fix for this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by drunkyduck, 08 August 2010 - 11:27 AM.

#2 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

Play around with the various settings in the "video" section. If this doesn't help, then it may be the fact that many of the newest graphic drivers have problems with PST. Basically their DDraw emulation sucks. Look here for possible solutions.

#3 drunkyduck

drunkyduck
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

Thanks ghostdog, for your reply and help.

In the meantime while I was waiting for some suggestion, I found the partly solution of disabling direct draw by starting dxdiag from 'run' manu. That way the game worked, but in manu of the game there were some trail that cursor is always leaving.
Now, on that link that you provided me with, there seams to be a 'fix' that will make that 'trail' less noticeable, so I will try that.

It's strange that my graphic card (gForce 2Ti 32 mb) has these issues, because it is very old card.

Thanks again for your help!

Edited by drunkyduck, 18 August 2010 - 01:26 PM.