Photo

Mouse scrolling bug

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Freddy

Freddy
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:27 PM

There is an annoying bug I can't find any mention of on the forum, so I thought it deserved its own thread as i've heard of it before on other forums.

When playing the scrolling arrow vanishes after 8-9 seconds on my normal machine so I can't scroll (opening inventory fixes it until it vanishes again in 8-9 seconds)

If I instead use D3DWindower or virtualbox to play I find I can only scroll the screen up and left with the mouse, not right or down, I don't lose the ability to scroll up and left as time goes on though.

Does anyone know the cause of this or of a possible solution?

#2 ZuTheSkunk

ZuTheSkunk
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:00 AM

possible solution?

A temporary one until some better is found: using arrow keys. That's what I'm doing when playing in a windowed mode (INI file, fullscreen=1 to 0). ;)

My English is not perfect, sorry. It's not my first language.

#3 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:10 AM

Strange bug indeed. Have you checked the "Cursor Clip" box in the "Direct input" tab when you used D3Dwindower ? Anyway, using the arrows, as ZuTheSkunk said, is your best solution.

Edited by ghostdog, 12 August 2010 - 02:12 AM.

#4 Freddy

Freddy
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:52 AM

Hello,

Yes, Cursor clip is on when I use 3D3windower. It seems that I need both "cursor clip" and "DDraw colour emulator" on, otherwise there is no scrolling at all (instead of just left and up).

The best I can find is someone saying it's a bug with the infinity engine in a 2003 forum post.