Wild Mage Issue

23 replies to this topic

#21 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

Ah, I didn't know that. I suppose I wouldn't be able to simply move the folders to Games due to it being read only, would I? Or would it not make a difference?

Well, technically I suppose you could, because you can move the game folder like I have written in the answer #8, but you also would need to sort out what to do with the Virtual Storage files in the
"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\BioWare\BGII - SoA" folder.

So the less harmful way of doing this is to just uninstall, clear the game folder, the above folder, and then re-install the game into the Games folder...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 16 August 2010 - 10:34 AM.

Cerberus v1.05, MegaModKits v1.01L, iiSpellSystemAdjustments v7.1; mods by Jarno Mikkola the Imp. FAQ for the Megamods. The Frequently Answered Questions.
BWS - Standard = not imba items spells or cheats. Tactical = AI hardly stupid = stupid hard. Expert = broke.
In case the BG2 game crashes post the content of your baldur.err file. To get it to record stuff, open up the 'baldur.ini' in your game folder with Notepad, and under the [Program Options] section in the file, make a new line and type in 'Logging On=1' (without the '' quotes, unless the line is already there)... Save the file and exit. Now go back into the game and try to reproduce the crash. Then look in your game folder again for the Baldur.err file and open it with the Notepad to analyze its contents, or let us do it.
Posted Image

I am afraid of nothing.

#22 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:05 PM

So I've finally got it all working, so thanks for your help, guys. Seeing as I turn into a spellshifter and it's essentially a Wild Mage add on, would it keep my Fighter/Mage class intact?

#23 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:21 PM

Glad it works :) Why not save the game, change class to spellshifter, and see? If it doesn't, just reload.
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#24 -Stephen-

-Stephen-

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:10 PM

And remember, every time you stab a baby; God kills a kitten.

haha

Reply to this topic