Photo

Resting CTD (Solved: Mage Hunter Problem)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Anprionsa

Anprionsa
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:33 PM

Using ShadowKeeper I was able to alter the game and I was able to rest. I have no idea why but I was able. Why do you think that happened? Also I will keep you updated if the problem arises again.

#22 Anprionsa

Anprionsa
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

Still having problems in some area and then I use the ShadowKeeper trick and it works sometimes, but not every time.

#23 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

Like I said, your character is obviously messed up. What exactly are you changing in ShadowKeeper?

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#24 Anprionsa

Anprionsa
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

Changed just the stats (moved something up and another thing down)

#25 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

Changed just the stats (moved something up and another thing down)

Maybe it is some bugged stats or a bugged kit perhaps. I might have missed something but are you playing a kit especially a modded one?
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#26 Anprionsa

Anprionsa
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

Mage Hunter (One of the fighter kits)

#27 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

Mage Hunter (One of the fighter kits)

Good to know as I know much about TDD kits. Now, do you have any HLA's or innates that you may have gotten from quests or items?

EDIT: If you have some innates from Chores, the alchemy one makes the game crash on resting with a MH. It should not be accessible as a Wizard Slayer can't get the innate in CTB and neither should a Mage Hunter. Delete the innate with Shadowkeeper and you original stats should be fine to revert back to.

Edited by Hoppy, 03 November 2010 - 07:16 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#28 Anprionsa

Anprionsa
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

The plants are making the game crash? Like the ones for making potions? Ill try it now.

Edit: Hmmm.... deleting the plants didn't do anything for my resting ctd. Alas I am back to not knowing /sadface

Edited by koawinter, 03 November 2010 - 07:31 PM.

#29 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

The plants are making the game crash? Like the ones for making potions? Ill try it now.

Edit: Hmmm.... deleting the plants didn't do anything for my resting ctd. Alas I am back to not knowing /sadface

The alchemy innate spell? Do you have it on your character? It is offered through CTB chores and I know it crashes the MH on rest so look for that. It's not an item it's a spell :)

- King Diamond

#30 Anprionsa

Anprionsa
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

Well that wasn't the issue as I don't have those spells. Also I'm in the kobold mines and it seems to be having issues (as in some other parts) for resting. Sometimes I am able to change my character stats for it to work, but here it doesn't like it.

#31 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:46 PM

Well that wasn't the issue as I don't have those spells. Also I'm in the kobold mines and it seems to be having issues (as in some other parts) for resting. Sometimes I am able to change my character stats for it to work, but here it doesn't like it.

Can I have your save game? You can zip it and upload it and maybe I can find something wrong.

Edited by Hoppy, 03 November 2010 - 07:46 PM.

- King Diamond

#32 Anprionsa

Anprionsa
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:00 PM

Can I have your save game? You can zip it and upload it and maybe I can find something wrong.

Here you go.

Attached Files

#33 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

Here you go.

OK thanks! I knew it was an innate problem just thinking of something else before. OK in Shadowkeeper, under INNATE for your character, try removing the Spell Deflection innate. You will get it again later. If that still bugs out, remove True Sight as well (you will get it later as well). I deleted both and I could rest.

The True Sight is usable and the Spell Deflection is useless until higher levels so that is why I suggested removing that one only at first. Otherwise, all the effects look OK and not causing problems.

- King Diamond

#34 Anprionsa

Anprionsa
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

Spell deflection was it! Great I was able to sleep! I will let you know of anything further, but thanks for that... what an annoying problem that was.

#35 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:58 PM

Spell deflection was it! Great I was able to sleep! I will let you know of anything further, but thanks for that... what an annoying problem that was.

Glad it is a decent workaround. That kit is nice but real buggy.

- King Diamond

#36 Anprionsa

Anprionsa
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:46 AM

Funny that I could have avoided reinstalling the whole thing if I knew that. Haha.

#37 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:24 PM

I have a similar problem
http://www.shsforums...post__p__500507
You solved?