41 replies to this topic

#1 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

dragonage.bioware.com/dao/witch_hunt

"Never follow me." With these words, Morrigan vanished into the shadows. Her plans and her whereabouts have remained a mystery... until now. But whether you seek answers, revenge, or reconciliation with your lost love, you may find more than you bargained for.

Date: Available September 7th on PC, Xbox360, and PS3.

Price: $7 [560 BioWare Points, 560 MS Points, $6.99 PSN]

Key Features:
* Confront Morrigan in this dramatic conclusion to the Origins storyline
* Earn powerful rewards that transfer into your Awakening and Origins campaign
* Import your character from Origins or Awakening or create a new, high-level hero!

Witch Hunt is the final DLC for Dragon Age: Origins, and imo a great send off to an awesome game.

What happened to "2 years..."? Dragon Age 2.

Apparently three new characters will show up, but for now they're only letting us see one: "Ariane, a gifted Dalish warrior".

There are some screenshots up, but as usual, they don't really say much.

#2 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

I've not bought any Dragon Age DLC so far but I'm really considering getting this. It's actually more plot essential than any of the others and is involved in a key part of the story.

I guess though that this will mean the dark ritual ending to Origins itself isn't going to play a major role in DA2, if we can conclude that storyline here. That's not a criticism, mind you, I fully expected and understand why they would do that.

#3 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

I bought Wardens Keep and RtO...the subsequent ones didn't appeal.
This, however, does...not because I'm a big Morrigan fan but because it should round off the story.

#4 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:29 PM

Aha, BioWare has found a way to get away from that corner, which they wrote themselves into with all the dragon-soul-baby business! If they work it all out now, they won't have to worry about returning to the subject in any future sequel.

Is that Morrigan in the banner? I don't remember her being so... chesty. They really want to sell us this DLC pack, don't they? Fine, I'll put it on my list, just to see how it all ends. Hopefully they'll allow importing from any save game, as my last Warden save game is from GoA.

Description: The dreaded Archdemon has been slain and the advance of the darkspawn halted by a lone, heroic Grey Warden. The kingdom rejoices, but at least one question remains: what happened to Morrigan? The sorceress joined the Wardens cause, but it is said her true purpose was not revealed until the eve of the last battle. She vanished into the shadows, and while rumors claimed she crossed over the mountains into Orlais no trace of her path could be found. She was never heard from again... until now.

Nearly a year has passed since the Archdemon's death, and word has reached the Wardens that Morrigan has returned to Ferelden. She has been sighted in the southern wilderness where she was first encountered. Is it truly her? If it is, then why has is she here and what secret does she carry with her? The Warden heads into the forest to find out and tie up this last loose end once and for all.

Ariane is a gifted Dalish warrior, and her clan's best hunter. When an ancient artifact belonging to the clan's Keeper is stolen, one with a history tied to the very roots of the elven people, Ariane is charged with the task of reclaiming it. She is determined to carry out her solemn duty, and when her task turns out to intersect with the Warden's quest to find Morrigan she realizes that there may be far more to the artifact's disappearance than simple theft.

Posted Image

#5 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

Is that Morrigan in the banner? I don't remember her being so... chesty.

Well, she is pregnant.... :P

-Y-

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

I counter your argument! :lol:

Nearly a year has passed since the Archdemon's death

#7 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

Who's to say that's her a year later :whistling: ?

Does sound interesting enough, though.
(I like parentheses.)

#8 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

Yeah, sounds more interesting than Leliana story.

I wonder what happens with her pregnancy. I mean, if I executed Alistair, said no to Morrigan's proposal and let Loghain kill the Archdemon, then there won't be no Old God baby, right?

And, damn, why wouldn't they add DLC's to the main campaign? I'm getting tired of the temporary companions. :( Seriously, we have three great DLC's - Warden's Keep, RtO and Shale. Why not make more like them? And, really, what happened to "2 year plan" on DLC?

#9 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

Knowing Bioware's reputation for not exactly closing the bottle completely, it probably won't even rely on the whole pregnancy issue (or in passing reference if applicable). And mind that looks detail was probably meant to attract the greater part of the male audience. Along with whoever else would apply as bonus pay. :P

Story-wise, it was perhaps one of the few great enigmas of Dragon Age that didn't appear like a clone of something else, through what may likely be an explanation of events however, I'm pretty sure some critics will whine about it - personally, it's minor a detail that isn't worth the energy to condemn or condone with.

I'll just say one thing to it: good luck. :)

I guess though that this will mean the dark ritual ending to Origins itself isn't going to play a major role in DA2, if we can conclude that storyline here. That's not a criticism, mind you, I fully expected and understand why they would do that.

Considering released details, and the release date to boot, it would probably have some impact for the whole cause and effect business, but nothing that'd upset anyone's diet any more than the killing Urdnot Wrex being considered canon for anyone who didn't import from the previous Mass Effect.

Then again, that was a huge upset for many people, whoops. :whistling:

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#10 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

Well if they had to choose this to be the last DLC for Dragon Age Origins I suppose this is the way to go...Even though they arent doing anymore DLC for DAO after this wouldnt you guys rather have a whole new game in DA2 coming out then DLC that lasts only anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours?

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#11 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:38 PM

Even though they arent doing anymore DLC for DAO after this wouldnt you guys rather have a whole new game in DA2 coming out then DLC that lasts only anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours?

Yeah, for sure, but that's not really the point. What the point is though, is that BioWare said a lot things (2 years worth of DLC for DA), but didn't deliver as promised. Not that it matters much. I do hope that they realize the limitations now, and that the DA II DLC won't be as... tacky (Shale excluded).

#12 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:07 PM

Who's to say that's her a year later :whistling: ?

Does sound interesting enough, though.

Well, it's her, with the Sacred Ashes head and all... and ouh, boys, you really don't know anything about the female body, and what happens during pregnency... yes, the pair gets bigger, as they prepare to... lactate.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#13 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:41 PM

Well, it's her, with the Sacred Ashes head and all... and ouh, boys, you really don't know anything about the female body, and what happens during pregnency... yes, the pair gets bigger, as they prepare to... lactate.

What a great additional description for the DLC pack, you should send a memo to BioWare. :P

#14 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:47 AM

Well I could've said........but I thought it best leave it to a female :whistling: then you said it anyway. :P

#15 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:20 AM

News:
Witch Hunt Preview @ IGN
Witch Hunt Exclusive Debut Trailer [HD] @ GameTrailers
Characters included in Witch Hunt: Ariane, Finn, Dog @ BioWare

#16 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:33 AM

Witch Hunt will be released later today, so here's a GameSpot preview to pass the time.

#17 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:16 PM

I followed the link, but got this message: "For an unknown, but assuredly good, reason, the item you requested is no longer available. Below is a list of similar items, which may manage to temporarily placate you."

Maybe Bioware/EA didn't like it?

#18 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:21 AM

I havn't played much yet but so far Sandel's voice = :WTF:

#19 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:37 AM

News:
Witch Hunt Impressions @ RPGWatch [Spoilers]

I followed the link, but got this message: "For an unknown, but assuredly good, reason, the item you requested is no longer available. Below is a list of similar items, which may manage to temporarily placate you."

Maybe Bioware/EA didn't like it?

That's odd, a google search for it still brings up the headline, so it was up long enough for that. GameSpot listens very intently to publishers though, so I wouldn't put that out of the question.

#20 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:29 AM

I'm going to finish off my current playthrough (Dalish rogue romancing Morrigan) before I get this. Hope it's of a similar calibre as LotSB.