• 157 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:46 AM

Both features implemented; release TBD.

You're awesome.

#22 Quester

Quester
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:35 AM

Any idea when this will see the light of day?

:unsure:

#23 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

It is available.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#24 Quester

Quester
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

Oh. Well don't I feel silly. :doh:

Somehow I hadn't noticed that you had uploaded a new version.

Thanks!

#25 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

Does anybody have comments to give? Three areas I'm particularly interested in are: thresholds (I can offer different sets via SUBCOMPONENTs and/or depending on the platform)

Would it be possible to get one that gives a boost every level? Maybe only for charname?

In my games I usually give my charname 63 in starting stats, since I'm an old-school, low-power gamer. Later, I give him/her +1 on levelup using the console, since I don't know BG modding. However, using the console this way all the time is tiresome and kinda immersion-breaking.

If I could have a mod do it for me so I wouldn't have to keep doing it every level, that would be awesome. I suppose the NPCs could still advance at the rate you've already set, since they have much higher stats.

#26 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

It should be possible, but don't expect it anytime soon.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#27 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

If it's not too hard to explain, I'd certainly be willing to try to do it myself.

#28 -PutridWalker-

-PutridWalker-

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

I just installed this (brilliant idea!), however after testing it out I realized that I would rather have chosen the stat bonus to be not retroactive. Reinstalling now is something I want to avoid, so I figured I'd ask here if it would be possible to make some changes in NearInfinity or something like that, to change it to not be retroactive?

#29 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

What do you mean with retroactive?
If you're referring to constitution, that's just normal gameplay behaviour, like every other stat change.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#30 -PutridWalker-

-PutridWalker-

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

I mean what Quester speaks about on the previous page. I quote him in full:

"I love the idea of this component, but I would rather that stat increases weren't retroactive. There should be a sense of accomplishment associated with reaching a stat-boost. Besides it's silly to be able to raise an NPC's attributes immediately after having them join the party in the latter parts of the game.

Would it be possible to provide the option of not having the gain be retroactive?"

And this was made possible in the next version, however I foolishly didn't pick that component. So, that's why I asked if I could correct it by digging around in NI.

#31 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

So, that's why I asked if I could correct it by digging around in NI.
NI is bad save game editor(well, not bad exactly, just harder to use...), use the Shadowkeeper instead as it's easy... just lower the stat to where you want it and level up the char and see if the change stays.

Edited by The Imp, 31 October 2014 - 01:00 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#32 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:26 AM

Is it possible to modify the level up component so that only CHARNAME and IMOEN can improve their stats (over racial maximum) on LVLUP?

Do not like the fact that my other party members can level up as well.

Edited by Vlan, 31 October 2014 - 12:40 AM.

#33 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

bump?