#102 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

ERROR: No translation provided for @5016
Continuing despite error.

That's for v1.8.1.

Ops, I forgot to update the English .tra file.
Fixed and re-uploaded

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#103 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

The Skeleton Warrior component should also patch these cre-files, as they're using ringg95 and not ring95:
dw#diask, dw#angsk, dw#semsk, endske01-04, firmon02, hgskl02, shbones, skellord,

and what about those using ring99? This ring also uses set color glow solid.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#104 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:04 AM

The Skeleton Warrior component should also patch these cre-files, as they're using ringg95 and not ring95:
dw#diask, dw#angsk, dw#semsk, endske01-04, firmon02, hgskl02, shbones, skellord,

and what about those using ring99? This ring also uses set color glow solid.

10th

I haven't understood the issue.
Those skeletons are patched by my code, provided they have already been installed. What component did you chose? BG1 or BG2 style?

Ring95 and ring99 are original items; ring[g/n]95 and 99 are their copies but with the glow effect added or removed.
95 and 99 differ in some extra immunities contained in 95, but not in 99.
95 is the one used in BG2, 99 is the one used for normal skeletons only in BG2 and for all in BG1.
So, the choice between 95 and 99 depends on the subcomponent you choose; depending on the animation, the creatures will then receive a glowing ring or not (and that's why it must be installed after Infinity Animation, which changes many animations).

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#105 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

(and that's why it must be installed after Infinity Animation, which changes many animations).

:woot: And there's the problem with the current installation order of BWP. Unless you already did it, could you or should I post in the BWP fixpack thread, that this component has to be moved behind IA?

By the way, as you've posted that you're working on a mod spell removal component, what's your method for preventing priest spells from showing up in spellbooks? Simply changing spell type to something other than priest, or do you tick all alignment exclude flags?

10th

Edited by 10th, 25 October 2011 - 10:54 AM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#106 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

(and that's why it must be installed after Infinity Animation, which changes many animations).

:woot: And there's the problem with the current installation order of BWP. Unless you already did it, could you or should I post in the BWP fixpack thread, that this component has to be moved behind IA?

I think I have already told them (at least, to move it after BG2Tweaks, since it overwrites its Drow disintegration component). But I'll try again, since there has been more activity there, recently.

By the way, as you've posted that you're working on a mod spell removal component, what's your method for preventing priest spells from showing up in spellbooks? Simply changing spell type to something other than priest, or do you tick all alignment exclude flags?

10th

I am not working on a mod spell removal component; I'm working on a component to rename those spells used by the engine and which should not be accessible to players, yet occupy slots, preventing spell-added mods to be learned at character creation and by sorcerers.
The game automatically displays, for every level, the spells SPWI[level]1-50, so renaming them to SPWI0[1-99], SPIN..., SPCL... will prevent them from showing up, but still allow scripts to use them, and leave space for real mod-added 9th level spells. Of course, any reference to those spells in game resources has to be fixed, but mostly they are referenced via spell.ids, so it's not such a radical change.
Of course, you can disable mod added spells in exactly the same way (and BTW, at least for mage spells, TobEX introduces a HIDESPL.2DA table, which I think has the purpose to hide some spells, too).
Unfortunately, the current WeiDU has a bug with DISABLE_FROM_KEY, which prevents that component from really working.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#107 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:48 PM

On the topic of new components :D How about something that could help remedy this kind of freakiness? :lol:

A loop to count the number of actually spawnable creatures and it sets the number of creatures... for every ARE! :woot: (kinda like the start of an AREFixer mod ;))

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#108 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

It's ready, sorrt for delay. :Bow:

Attached Files

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#109 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

Am I right it is the component "slow drow item desintegration" that creates a contingency-like effect to check for such items? That script runs from the start of BGT and it quickly becomes unbearable in all my megamod installs.

Anyone ever had this component work without slowdown issues?

Edit: I guess my post doesn't make sense lol, but now I'm enjoying stutter free BWP w/o this component :cheers:

Edited by Beleg33, 22 January 2012 - 08:46 PM.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#110 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

Am I right it is the component "slow drow item desintegration" that creates a contingency-like effect to check for such items? That script runs from the start of BGT and it quickly becomes unbearable in all my megamod installs.

Anyone ever had this component work without slowdown issues?

Edit: I guess my post doesn't make sense lol, but now I'm enjoying stutter free BWP w/o this component :cheers:

As written in the readme, the game could sometimes slow down. At least in the newest version, though, that should only happen once in a while (every half hour of game, a script checks if you have any drow items), and probably only if you have plenty of containers and bags of holding full of items.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#111 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:01 PM

Component #2050 "Turambar's slow drow weapon disintegration" was added to Big World Project 10.3 again and it causes message "You cannot cast multiple instances of the same contingency spell on yourself" to appear every now and then. That does bother me, is it possible to fix it somehow, even by some kind of a workaround?

#112 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

Some small potential typos.

botsmith.tra and c2botsmith.tra:

@2 = ~The Daystar is a very powerful weapon... and I know how to improve it! You must find a jewel for the hilt... the Tyr's Eye. I'll make it better then~

then -> then.

@10 = ~Wow! I see you have all that holy staff! Gimme 15000 GP and look what I can do!~
@11 = ~Excellent! I see you have all that holy staff! And you have a Tyr's Eye as well! Just 20000 GP and the sword will be the shiniest sword ever!~

staff -> stuff

setup.tra:

@2025

charme -> charm

@2026

THACO -> THAC0
charme -> charm

Edited by hook71, 23 May 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#113 Lisandro

Lisandro
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hi Turambar... this is the spanish translation. I hope you like it.

For Tp2 file:

LANGUAGE
~Espa¤ol por Lisandro~
~spanish~
~Turambar_fixes_tweaks/TobEx_redist/TobEx.tra~
~Turambar_fixes_tweaks/spanish/game-strings.tra~
~Turambar_fixes_tweaks/spanish/setup-%WEIDU_OS%.tra~

the '¤' is the 'ñ' ascii

thank you!

¡Nos vemos!

Attached Files

#114 -tibicina-

-tibicina-

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

I have been able to download the file, but my anti-virus won't let me save it. I was hoping someone who has successfully downloaded and installed without problems might know if this is just my anti-virus giving me a false alarm... 

#115 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

I have been able to download the file, but my anti-virus won't let me save it. I was hoping someone who has successfully downloaded and installed without problems might know if this is just my anti-virus giving me a false alarm... 

Usually they are false positives, especially the ones that say the setup-*modname*.exe is infected as that's just the way the program is made to update the previous versions. As the file is the weidu.exe just renamed to take orders from the setup-*modname*.tp2 -file.
I just scanned the file with my own Anti-virus software and it said nothing is off, so it's fine.

Edited by The Imp, 29 April 2014 - 02:49 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#116 -tibicina-

-tibicina-

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

Oh thank you!  Thank you!   :clap:  I'm doing a BWP setup after happily playing BGT for awhile and It made no sense that a mod that's been up so long and downloaded by so many people would be infected.  I've got IOLO Professional in case anyone else has this issue.

#117 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:47 AM

Is it normal that Brawen (Priest of Tempus) gains 3 2nd cleric spell slots at level 3?

#118 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

Is it normal that Brawen (Priest of Tempus) gains 3 2nd cleric spell slots at level 3?
Yes, her Wisdom is 16, that's bonus of 2 second level divine spells(plus the 1 from the level). The files that set this is the normal cleric spell book: mxsplprs.2da plus the wisdom bonus spells from mxsplwis.2da .

Edited by The Imp, 30 September 2014 - 07:03 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#119 -my very bad english-

-my very bad english-

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:57 AM

Just finished README, very cool mod with lot of good ideas. But I just can't resist to suggest one small tweak for druid spell Insect plague and similar spells. I saw somewhere in some mod, can't exactly remember which one ( maybe SCS, not sure ) that fire shield and similar spells protect you from druid ultimate anti magic weapon. It seems logic that fire should protect you from swirling cloud of annoying insects that try to get you. Worth of trying or bad idea? 

#120 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:05 AM

Hello!

I have encountered the infamous Gerde's bug (due to a BGT + BG1NPC installation). I have installed the fix from this fix/tweak pack but it didn't help my present situation.

I think the problem is in FALDar8300.baf:

IF
GlobalGT("SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEGG","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
IncrementGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADANKHEGG","GLOBAL",-1)
IncrementGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADTUANKHEG","GLOBAL",1)
IncrementGlobal("TuGerde","GLOBAL",1)
Continue()
END

From the little I understand, the death variable ANKHEGG won't ever go over zero, since the ankhegs you kill in AR8300 seem to have ANKHEG as death variable (I am confused though, because looking at the .are file it seems that the spawning ankhegs should be ANKHEGG.CRE?).

Edited by Salk, 12 August 2015 - 01:32 AM.